It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thing is the Earths crust does move albeit slowly IE the grinding together of techtonic plates causing Earthquakes
Could some event cause a sudden larger movement - I don't know.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So the two poles would be figurative.

Red and Blue.

Currently America is a superpower, they are blue.

China is Red. Just as a broad definition.

Lets broaden that more. You can actually divide all the peoples of the earth into two basic groups.
(Present company excepted.)

Titans and Olympians.

Titans are black and red and Olympians are blue and white.

So then you see the pole shift refers to Olympians and Titans. Not actually red and blue.

The Olympians are in power. And just so everyone knows, most Catholics are Titans and so you see America itself has lots of Olympians and Titans. As do other countries.

So the idea is there will be something happen which will change the power structure, so that Titans are in power instead of Olympians.

And its far too complicated to go into as to how that is supposed to happen. If it happens, You don't find a lot of Titans in the upper echelons of power on earth at present. Some are powerful as feudal type lords and of course the Pope wields a lot of power, but basically the earth is playing by Olympian rules.
Greece not Rome as it were.
And if it switches it will be Rome not Greece.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

God those Romans and Greeks - Let us hope that if it does shift they will be slung onto Mercury whilst the good guys hang on to something solid.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

The expanding Earth theory is wrong. There is no way that there could be sufficient accumulating mass to increase the size of the Earth. Not only is the expanding Earth theory false it does not lead to pole shifts.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I agree that magnetic changes do happen. Crustal shifts cannot happen rapidly as described by Hancock.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Sounds like y our desk moved. Magnetic changes are quite slow. Here you describe a 90 degree change of direction. Such a change would be world wide news.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, if the Polish people decide to migrate out of Poland, what's the difference? That won't be the end of the world
The poles will break down into a bunch of small magnetic fields at points around the world for a short time prior to the pole shift. I think we are just weakening our magnetic field with all the crazy mining of mineral deposits..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The idea of "Earth Crust Displacement" pole-shift is absurd. The Earth is not a big ball that's just hanging statically in space. Consider what the crust is already doing, along with the rest of the planet:

- It is spinning at about 1,000 miles per hour (at the equator).

- It is hurtling through space at about 67,000 miles per hour.

All of this happens not only on the crust, but throughout the entire planet. The core swirls and spins along with the crust.

That's a lot of motion, which means there's a lot of inertia invested in what it's already doing. For the crust to suddenly shift 'upwards' or 'downwards' or anything else, ALL THAT INTERTIA would have to encounter some force strong enough not only to counteract it, divert it, or even reverse, AND do it in a way that separates the inertia of the crust from the inertia from the mantle beneath it.

That means that if this "theory" were even remotely possible, it would only happen because of some event that by itself would be far more destructive and catastrophic than the comparatively simple movement of the
Earth's crust as a single piece around the planet.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Documentary - worth a look at - lasts approx 1 hour

The Earth has an iron core approx the size of the Moon

documentaries-plus.blogspot.co.uk...

"For centuries we have dreamt of reaching the center of the Earth. Now scientists are uncovering a bizarre and alien world that lies 4,000 miles beneath our feet, unlike anything we know on the surface. It is a planet buried within the planet we know, where storms rage within a sea of white-hot metal and a giant forest of crystals make up a metal core the size of the Moon. This film follows scientists who are conducting experiments to recreate this core within their own laboratories, with surprising results."
edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Thanks for that video link! I'll have to wait and watch it tomorrow as it's getting very late where I am here.

I remember reading decades ago about crustal displacement. The idea really interested me, and I was surprised to see that even Einstien had given the idea a thumbs up at the time.

However, the book also predicted that it would happen in May of 2005.........

Looks like they were wrong.

Over the years I've seen more and more (or I should say less and less), lack of geological evidence that this has ever happened to the Earth. A magnetic shift, yes. A crustal shift, no.

I do believe that there is a theory that Venus rotates the way it does (backwards, the sun rises in the west there), because the planet was actually flipped over by a asteroid impact eons ago. Sort of like what happened with Uranus (which rotates on it's side). But it's still only theories.

I do wonder however if plate tectonics actually might keep a crustal shift from happening. In other words: if there were no individual plates, and the Earth's crust was one single piece, would a geological shift be more likely?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

SnF for you my fellow member a very well presented qustion indeed IMO. Fine example. Already some excellent replys and I couldn't resist the compliment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So if the continents that we recognize today are much older than the earth at the bottom of the ocean that used to connect them all. why are we not exploring that more? , then we may find the missing link, alien machinery and Atlantis. and civilizations much younger than the ones we consider the first civilizations ... or maybe they were the first and it took the survivors of the cataclysmic continental breakup thousands of years to almost keep up? hmm, I like this story being played out in my brain. It is fact that the continents were once one huge land mass that broke apart... I hope the earth IS expanding, we sure as hell need the space. There are plant medicines that are very similar in Africa and S. America... oh, and those plant spirits are at the core of the earth by the way...spreading themselves across the planet, underground, an easy, natural cure for very ailment is available to us, if we do not destroy it..we are coming close.. sorry for the ramble, many thoughts circling at once in my head.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Im obviously not a scientist but I do know a few months ago I was walking my dogs in the early morning hours and the moon stopped me dead in my tracks. It was a crescent but it was pointing in a different direction than I had seen before- like a smile rather than a normal crescent. This was before I read anything about a pole shift.

The pole has shifted a few degrees here & there I remember reading they had to close an airport in Florida to adjust to it and also the earthquake in Japan caused a minor shift.

These things have happened and we didnt notice anything I don't see why it cant continue to shift without our noticing much.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by B2X2L
...... It is fact that the continents were once one huge land mass that broke apart.

The continents did not break apart - land rose and some sank - it is all joined together under the sea.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JasmineG

The smile happens in late Winter and early Spring, happens every year, then proceeds to be a backward 'C' through Summer and Autumn.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I remember reading decades ago about crustal displacement. The idea really interested me, and I was surprised to see that even Einstien had given the idea a thumbs up at the time.

Remember that Einstein wrote the forward to a book in which he thought it was an interesting idea to check out. This is not the same as a thumbs up. At the time Hapgood's book was written the idea of plate tectonics had not been fleshed out. That would come a decade later. Also, the notion of isostacy had not been worked out well. This process avoids the build up of ice making the rotation of the Earth unstable.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I do wonder however if plate tectonics actually might keep a crustal shift from happening. In other words: if there were no individual plates, and the Earth's crust was one single piece, would a geological shift be more likely?

There is evidence for a 'pole shift' about 800Ma. Unlike the suggestions from Hapgood and Hancock this event was only rapid in a geological sense. It took 15My to complete. That event took off at an astounding 1m a year or about 10 times the rate of normal plate movement.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

It is fact that the continents were once one huge land mass that broke apart...

You are probably thinking about Pangaea. There was at least one other time when the continents were also connected in the form of Rodinia.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
North Magnetic pole movement history

edit on 4/15/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
the notion of isostacy had not been worked out well. This process avoids the build up of ice making the rotation of the Earth unstable.

Does this mean the weight of the ice caps causes the Earths wobble.
If the Earth span faster or weight was evenly distributed this wobble of 23.5 degrees would disappear
I read the wobble or inclination of 23.5 degrees is variable over time IE can be 22 degrees
Wonder if the Earths speed of rotation has varied in the past
Sorry just thinking aloud but insights welcomed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join