It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Flees 'Haunted House,' Sues Landlord

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I do know that I've been told in Missouri that you must disclose if a dwelling is haunted before selling it.
second line

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think it's exactly what the LL's lawyers is claiming.Got in too far over their head and can't afford the rent and are now looking for a way out.There's no way they win this case.It'll get thrown out.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Laws vary from state to state but the seller does have to fill out a disclosure form for physical defects. Some states require a disclosure form for "emotional defects" as well. That would include things like murder, suicide or even paranormal activity. Even having to disclose emotional defects varies what must be disclosed in different locations.

Not sure about here in SC but I have a friend where I lived in NC who was a real estate agent and there you must disclose if a house is reported to be haunted

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davcon

I really can't fathom how this would work being such that there is and has never been scientific proof of hauntings and beings that not everyone truly beleives in haunting, so how can a court possibly be able to come to any concrete judgement about something so very subjective?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I have no idea what legal precedent they used for this. I do know it is fact in some states however. One poster earler mentioned Missouri. I also heard that to be true when I lived in Kansas City

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Once I rented an apartment and before I did, I was told that a woman burned to death in the bedroom. I felt nothing but wonderful happy vibes there, so I moved in. No problems what so ever. In fact I loved that place and my neighbors. Now have I experienced hauntings before elsewhere? Most definately. I was a child back then, so had no choice about where I lived. But my first haunting was not a bad experience. Just 2 sweet old ladies.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hauntings are not caused by anything human. The only ghosts walking this earth are the spirits of the nephilim who were fallen angel and human hybrids and there's only one name that can send them packing.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If it were me, I wouldn't be the one leaving.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thats funny you mention the nether-world. A lady whom was visiting noticed an imp on my lampshade. I didn't see it, I was mostly facing the other way. It hopped on my bed one night, just before I fell asleep. I just kept my eyes shut. Interestingly enough, that calls to mind a story I recounted to my sister today. We were discussing ufo's, I grew up with the Project bluebook tv series. I told her of a sleep paralysis I had in which there were no details to the dream, just my absolute terror and complete paralysis. All I remember is thinking if I could will myself millimeter by millimeter, an infintessimal amount at a time, enough times, to the edge of the bed, and fall out of it, that this terrible nightmare would end. And that is what happened. I was ten to fifteen years old.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Tyler Durden? You broke the first rule. The first rule of fight club is we dont talk about fight club

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Hauntings are not caused by anything human. The only ghosts walking this earth are the spirits of the nephilim who were fallen angel and human hybrids and there's only one name that can send them packing.

Do you have practical experience with exorcism?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Haunted houses? Ghosts? WAHAHAHAH!!! Aren't you people a little old to believe in fairy tales? Come on, really? Do these people actually think a Judge isn't going to laugh them out of the court room?
I've heard some lame excuses about why people have changed their minds on a rental property. But this takes the cake.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It differs from state to state but in Texas real estate agents or home owners must disclose if the home is haunted.

LMAO no way? what constitutes as a "hunted" house?

hilarious
Real estate Agent: "Oh and by the way this house has a ghost living in the attic."
i just can't imagine it

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Haunted houses? Ghosts? WAHAHAHAH!!! Aren't you people a little old to believe in fairy tales? Come on, really? Do these people actually think a Judge isn't going to laugh them out of the court room?
I've heard some lame excuses about why people have changed their minds on a rental property. But this takes the cake.

You shouldn't laugh, this stuff actually does happen and it's more real than "aliens" and UFO's that is for sure. Nothing worse than being attacked by something you can't fight back against and beatdown, yet it can put it's hands on you and you can feel them and see the bruise marks or when it writes words in your flesh.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ive experienced ultraterrestrials/aliens presence as well as seen apparitions my whole life. One apt. complex i lived in was haunted but the ghost never did anything to bother us. We heard him walking around the halls at night and i saw his face manifest a few times. The bottom floor was also haunted by 3 older women, from way back when. Unless that was residual energy because they seemed to never leave that area.

As far as this claim goes, because its only been a week imo they could be telling the truth. Typically when people cant afford to live somewhere and try to bail out on a rent contract or mortgage its usually after several months of already living there.

If what the tenants say is true then they'd better go back and get some footage of this poltergeist activity or else they will lose and be forced to live there. I know if my house was truly haunted like this after just moving in i would be documenting.

The article did mention this town was where "The AmityVille Horror" was filmed. An intersting bit of info but i dont think it hs anything to do with whats happening in their house.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OhioUFOHunter

First on the haunting, I if in the position would first try to get investigators there, only after having some building inspectors and some pest control out to rule those out first, then I would (if the investigators found sufficient evidence) have them well document everything, then I would have the place cleansed, only after all that didn't help, then at least I have the documentation to prove my claims in court, along with expert testimony.
On the other thing about this being the place where Amityville happened, well it may in fact have something to do with the haunting (That's assuming the whole thing itself wasn't a hoax in itself) because I as stated before beleive certain land can be "doorways" for paranormal activity or entities to come in...if that city is a portal, it could include anything from 1 sq inch to several square miles of that city, if you understand what I am saying. There is a lot on the internet about paranormal portals you can read up on. There is a story on one of the sites about how this guy has a portal in the one inch (sq) corner of his home. So it is definately possible that has some bearing on the activity in that home, if indeed Amityville isn't a hoax. They never proved it either way to my satisfaction, anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The next thing you know there will be a rider on the insurance policy for "paranormal damages"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Destinyone

I don't know about other states, but in mine. Real Estate Agents must disclose if there has been a previous death in the home to potential buyers.

Des

in my state this is not required...
ive posted about my story before....but to summarize, when i was shopping to buy a house, i came across one that i truly believe must have had someone die in it or something horrible happen in the home....there was some serious uneasiness in the house, especially in the newly renovated basement. i was totally creeped out....w/ hair standing on end and goosebumps and the need to flee feeling....

my realtor said he would not be able to disclose if anything had happened there...

i didnt like the house outside of that....but the creep factor still gives me the chills 3 years later....

ETA...
there is a house near me where 2 young children were murdered by their mom recently.....and the house was for sale and I believe sold.....im wondering if they knew about this....
edit on April 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in?? Reason I ask, is because my g/f and I will be moving within a week to a bigger city, and we started joking about how the place we'd rent would be haunted and such. Then I read this article, which made me laugh, but then really got me thinking. My g/f has lived in a couple places with bad hauntings, to the point where her dad went from 100% non-believer, to 100% believes. So I'm hoping to find a place that isn't haunted, y'know? lol

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

Should be easy to find out. Ask the relator to stand outside while you make a decision. Take out the bible and start reading where God sent Lucifer packing and see if anything happens, if not then call Lucifer a weak little wussy and if nothing happens then your probably ok unless you just have a bad feeling about the place.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Appreciate the advice, and I've learned(sometimes the hard way) to trust my inner feelings on stuff, because it's usually right. lol But with my experience with ghosts, things aren't always immediate. I could go in there, get a bad feeling, but not experience anything until weeks later. I think it depends on the severity of the haunting. I grew up in Salida, CO, and man, does that place have a lot of haunted spots. lol So it would be nice if the realtor could at least inform us of any misdeeds in said building. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join