It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All sorts of matter from what look like a second big bang is coming in at a fast speed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It may happen in a trillion years or so. After the universe contracts back in upon itself and all matter is trying to occupy the same tiny point in space.

Or...

When the Creator decides to use his Mulligan and start over.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by WarJohn
Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

What do you think would happen to earth?

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

Shot out matter from a second big bang would collide with the earth.

All physical life on earth would be destroyed.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

What do you think will happen? If a nuke blew up next to you, you would die. What could possibly be said about your post except the obvious?

What is the point?

big bang would be more powerful then billions of nukes

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

That's not how the big bang works.

The big bang is a wave. Not an explosion.

We would experience essentially an earthquake by the time it got here. A very mild one. For a few moments, One side of the Earth would experience time a little bit faster or slower than the other side. After some time syncing and possibly a few shattered homes, we wouldn't have noticed a thing.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by reitze
The "big bang" is just a "flat earth" sort of explination for the limited life of photons. Its just another stupid attempt to pretend we're the center of the 'universe'.

Beyond the sight-distance is either the limit of our collective dream or more "big bangs", like fat bottom girls, they make the rockin world go round.

Those photons are killing me! They move through glass but not through doors. And when it's real sunny out, when the photons are literally pouring onto, say, a car, how come they aren't bouncing off and piling up on the street???

Well if the street is a dark color they actually are!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

Geez... dunno. *ponders *

Maybe we'd get bounced around the universe and end up in some galaxy where it rains doughnuts!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
I know what you mean. There is like no more empty space left anywhere in the universe.

yawn. Unless a second big bang happened in our area of the Universe, we would have nothing to worry about. Because if it happened outside our Universe, it would just merge with our Universe(think two Galaxies merging together).

The only way such an event would prove Universe ending, would be if in the second Big Bang, anti-matter won. If that happens, then we are toast. Because as the new Universe Expands it will annihilate the old Universe.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

WTF is this... how is this a good find? This has no source information, no intellect surrounding the 5 sentences posted and seriously just pissed me off that I opened it up. Here I thought it would be some reasoning, some shared information about why we've had "Near misses" with asteroids lately... but NO. I get this.

But seeing how I'm here and replying, we would never know because the scientists would go home to their families, share with a few friends, tell our governments who would attempt to hide in their holes and we would all die doing our daily routines...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

ok ok ok
first thing first...
it would be impossible to witness a big bang...
it has already been said the universe expanded faster than the speed of light during the first few microseconds
faster than can be seen through a telescope...
if something is traveling at speed of light you only see the "source" or where the light shines on..
you do not see light "mid-flight" nor will you see a gasious dust cload expanding faster than SOL

secondly...
earth may well survive...
depends how far away the big bang happens...
very close and we are toast in temperatures higher than that in the core of our sun...
far away and we will not notice it at all
cept in few hundred thousand years when stars begin to ignite where they didnt before...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
First you would feel a breeze upon my face - ruffling your hair like a passionate lover.
Then a gentle glow blushing your cheeks turning to a raging fire, stars explode into view bouncing off your brow.
All is light, blinding light engulfing your being - angels appear flapping around - smiling divinely......There is a ringing ..........ring, ring ring ring ..............Damn alarm clock

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Unless the sun explodes and births a new one and speeds up time a few millions years, this alleged big bang reoccurrence isn't happening anytime soon

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I've heard some scientists say that this universe was created by two other universes colliding...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join