It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All sorts of matter from what look like a second big bang is coming in at a fast speed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to let the fact that the world is going to end in 2012 ruin my summer. I just got some wood for next winter to heat the house if the power fails. Hmmm....So now you're saying that I won't be needing it, what a bummer. I should have went out and got hammered with that money.

If some big event happens and we all die, there isn't a thing we can do about it. Get prepared for an event that may last a month or so. Food, heat, water. If a tornado rips your town apart you may need to help out your neighbors. You may be going without power for a few weeks. There may be more than one occurrence. Don't fret over things we cannot do anything about but prepare for things we can do something about..
edit on 14-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not wanting to spoil the fun here, but we would not even "see" the second big bang coming... In order to "see" it, it needs to emit light - and expand slower than speed of light. Which is the problem. These big bangs expand at the rate of speed of light - thus our universe would be destructed without any notice period!

Dead on arrival

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

What do you think would happen to earth?

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

Shot out matter from a second big bang would collide with the earth.

All physical life on earth would be destroyed.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

They could have a banging competition to see whose bang is bigger.

Or, imagine there were so many big bangs that it was like a continual jet made of universes, banging away like mad.

An exploision of exploisions! Bet that would ruin your day.

Or even imagine the reverse at some point at the other end (in time) of the universe where everything un-banged into the great suck, forming a banana multiverse to go with the doughnut (torus) space-time topology.

.. and there's God taking a smoko break!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

What do you think will happen? If a nuke blew up next to you, you would die. What could possibly be said about your post except the obvious?

What is the point?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two completely different things, first of all a nuke is controlled and can be predicted, a big bang cannot. Simple?
edit on 15-4-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Optimistic thread, OP. New Big Bang is somewhere in the very bottom of my worries. Universe either exists for unimaginably long time since the Big Bang ,without the Big Ben v2 thus making it happen during existence of Homo Sapiens not to mention of Solar System highly unlikely, or the whole Big Ben theory is wrong. Which means there will be no second Big Ben.
Chear up. There are much more probable things that could wipe out this planet ,and those could be spotted with air defence radars rather then telescopes of various kinds.

Isn't Big Ben near the Houses of Parliament in London - Hope it does goes Bang

From what I know of BIg Ben, it goes bong, not bang? or boing, as it has a large crack in it?(the bell)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Thanks for sharing your imagination and random thoughts on the board.
Those "what if this happened" threads really do add to the quality of posts here. I personally enjoy seeing people's every ADHD thoughts turned into threads.

Don't say we didn't warn you when the gama ray bubble whatchammacallit slowly swallows you and your chicken sandwich.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Don't say we didn't warn you when the gama ray bubble whatchammacallit slowly swallows you and your chicken sandwich.

ARE YOU INSANE?
.....ATS users are all vegetarian!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
the big bang is a theory,and a weak one at that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I believe it is related to this. paneandov.com... nice read. interesting it boggles the mind. I wonder if it is true?

The Sun going into Red Giant phase 2012 is a real stretch of the imagination
The Sun is presently only mid way through its life cycle as a main sequence yellow star
From yellow to Orange to Red over millions of years as it slowly sheds it's outer layers before Supernova - Millions of years till then though - so no sweat on that

edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

Have you taken a peek at the sun lately? I first heard of the sun being whiter than usual about six months ago, and I thought it was ridiculous. That is, until I remembered to look up at it. I did it yesterday too. That thing is white! I must admit it's freaking me out a little.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
M

?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
The "big bang" is just a "flat earth" sort of explination for the limited life of photons. Its just another stupid attempt to pretend we're the center of the 'universe'.

Beyond the sight-distance is either the limit of our collective dream or more "big bangs", like fat bottom girls, they make the rockin world go round.

Fat bottomed girls - very amusing -
I often think if you reverse the accepted ideas of reality put out by so called experts then you get closer to the truth

Sooo, instead of fat bottomed girls, we're actually looking at big bossomed girls? Yeah, I like that!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by rickymouse

Not wanting to spoil the fun here, but we would not even "see" the second big bang coming... In order to "see" it, it needs to emit light - and expand slower than speed of light. Which is the problem. These big bangs expand at the rate of speed of light - thus our universe would be destructed without any notice period!

Dead on arrival

Hey! This worked with radioactive fallout, so maybe it'll help when the double Big Bang hits.

Everybody practice your duck and cover!

edit on 4/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ovadose
Too late

Galactic_Superwave

two bubbles of energy erupting from the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

Not exactly another big bang, but still your ocean of energy IS comming.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

nice find...*

the Black Hole belch...might be a White-Hole from a next dimension celestial event...
a White-Hole spews out energies where as our resident Black-Hole (Sagittarrius A) sucks in energies & matter.

whats eerie is that the 'bubbles' of energy are 25,000 LY large----
and the Earth & Solar System are 26,000 LY distant from the galactic center's Black-Hole

so, woo-woo, the energy bubbles are less than 1,000 LY from hitting us... or are at the door right now if there is any faulty measuring in the calculations

whap-boom-bang...the apocalypse is impending

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
The "big bang" is just a "flat earth" sort of explination for the limited life of photons. Its just another stupid attempt to pretend we're the center of the 'universe'.

Beyond the sight-distance is either the limit of our collective dream or more "big bangs", like fat bottom girls, they make the rockin world go round.

Those photons are killing me! They move through glass but not through doors. And when it's real sunny out, when the photons are literally pouring onto, say, a car, how come they aren't bouncing off and piling up on the street???

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Those have been beaming out from the super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy since the thing first imploded on itself.

They are not coming for us, its squirting those "bubbles of energy" upwards and away from the rings of the galaxy we live in.

Nothing to worry about with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
In a way the OP is onto something - We have the supposed big bang - stars form - stars explode or bang and from them new stars form so yes it's bang bang bang an expanding Universe

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm convinced that the OP doesn't even know what the big bang is

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

What do you think would happen to earth?

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

Shot out matter from a second big bang would collide with the earth.

All physical life on earth would be destroyed.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

WTF there is nothing there, no substance, what-so-ever. How the hell is it this thread has more stars for providing NOTHING, than some threads I've seen that have been extremely well researched and have heavy links to reputable sources. WTF IS THIS???

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It may be when the big bang happened, all the dark matter spewed out faster than the speed of light and that's why we can't ever see it.... Because it is travelling at the speed of dark. Wooooo!

edit on 15-4-2012 by Meatballglove because: spelt bang wrong lol

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Thanks for sharing your imagination and random thoughts on the board.
Those "what if this happened" threads really do add to the quality of posts here. I personally enjoy seeing people's every ADHD thoughts turned into threads.

Has anybody else on here got ADHD? I don't see what all the fuss is about. The picture isn't much better than my old TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join