It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville UFO Incident - Radar Animation and a 'New View.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Billy Cox, over at the De Void blog of the Herald Tribune, has posted a couple of videos based on the radar data from the Stephenville UFO incident of 2008. A UK programmer, Rob Jeffs, has animated the data to show flight movements at the time. The white blips are the aircraft without transponders.

The videos were uploaded on the 7th April 2012.

Applying a program that duplicates conversions used by air accident investigators, Rob Jeffs has bundled the 2.8 million radar returns MUFON acquired from five FAA and National Weather Service sites, and recreated moving images of the air traffic over central Texas from 4-8 p.m. on Jan. 8, 2008.

Jeffs compressed the four-hour window into just under three minutes. The first version shows transient individual blips as they appeared on radar in real time, which makes the UFO’s path more difficult to follow. The second version is more dramatic because it imprints each radar track and plots the UFO’s course as it beelines from Stephenville southeast towards President Bush’s ranch in Crawford. The most compelling activity doesn’t kick in until around 6:55 p.m., or 18:55 according to the time counter at the top of the frame.
Billy Cox' De Void blog

1st animation

The second version is presented below, and to understand everything that’s going on, read the MUFON report. You may need to enlarge your screen, but keep an eye on the color coding.

The green (and, rarely, blue) objects have activated their transponders; the white blips have not. Carswell Air Force Base sits to the north-east. Its F-16s are flying in pairs or groups of four, but only half the planes are employing transponders. They conduct manoeuvres long before the UFO lights the scope.

2nd animation

The original MUFON report on the radar data is available here as a pdf.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the videos! We drove to Stephenville right after the UFO sightings happened. I still have my tee shirt I bought there, which shows a smug cow saying "What UFO?" while a saucer is beaming up cows in the background.

Here is a handy chart from the site "Stephenville Lights" web page to help people identify flying objects:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Remarkable case and to help people understand the radar vids better, either check here, which has everything you need to know:

stephenvillelights.com...

Or watch this:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Dang. The last video cuts off just as the real conspiracy begins!

Does anyone know the rest of the harrassment story?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Awesome! I have always been interested in this wave of sightings because it happened so recently.

thanks for the info....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Dang. The last video cuts off just as the real conspiracy begins!

Does anyone know the rest of the harrassment story?

Try these::

More about the harassment:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
Awesome. This is my first time to see these! I'm going to check em out n I'll post again. I'm from that area. Its good to see people are taking interest. It deserves it because something is up there, still.
star and flag!!
TXML

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the videos. Until this moment, I was a non-believer, but these people do sound credible, so I'm deinitely in the maybe camp now.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

stephenvillelights.com...

It is a good site. What ever is flying around that area is real. What ever it is.
I've seen some strange stuff myself. And others in my family have some good stories too.
Heres my story

Yet another example of whats going on in central Texas. Somethings not right. I CAN say that much.

TXML

edit on 15-4-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic
That is really awesome! I've studied the case since it began. Getting to see the radar returns (basically), really helps to understand where and how fast these things were going. It lets you see what the witness saw, in a way, and shows how the jets were reacting. It's crazy enough to take all the stories into account. I know the people in that area and while I don't personally know the main people involved, I know the kind of people they are. They aren't the kind to want attention. People in those parts don't even take stuff like that seriously (until they see it), and even then they don't really want to talk about it a lot. Thank you for the video's, they are great!
TXML

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Those Larry King videos are excellent, especially Ricky's testimony, you can tell that guy is full of high character.
He reminds me of the Gary Wilcox testimony, Gary is of high quality character as well and also a farmer. But his story is that he spoke with two martians, and I think he has the same standard as Ricky. But that is years ago. But it is just his word, not like in Ricky's case were a bunch of people spotted ufo's. What I mean by high quality is that the radiance of their persona, just seems stellar, like the officer, they just appear to be honest, the way they talk etc.

Great ufo videos ! Thanks for posting and refreshing the incident for me.

edit on 15-4-2012 by thetiler because: Had to elaborate what I mean.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Great thread mate and despite its title the documentary below has some good sections on the eye-witness reports and also contains some intriguing info on the MUFON analysis and FAA radar information -Aerospace engineer Dr Wallace Fowler reckons the object was pulling 43 G's and Robert Powell also claims that because of this case the FAA now refuse to release speciifc radar information through the FOIA citing 'a threat to national airspace'.

"The object, whatever it was, went from basically standing still to 1900 miles per hour in about 2 seconds.. I don't know of anything that's 600 feet across, that can hover, that can go 1900 miles an hour in 2 seconds then stop again.. If you do the calculations that's about 43 G's.. Within seconds you'd kill any human being."

Extra link

Also can't help feeling there are a few parallels with this case from Michigan 12 years earlier so let's hope Robert Powell's comments aren't definitive and we continue to get access to FOIA radar info from the FAA and National Weather Service.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
New Youtube address for video documentary:

"The object, whatever it was, went from basically standing still to 1900 miles per hour in about 2 seconds.. I don't know of anything that's 600 feet across, that can hover, that can go 1900 miles an hour in 2 seconds then stop again.. If you do the calculations that's about 43 G's.. Within seconds you'd kill any human being."

new topics

top topics

join