It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on Aliens: The Zoo Hypothesis Defended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have thought a lot about this, but I will keep it short and sweet and readable.

My Thesis: Alien intelligences exist, they are monitoring us, they keep themselves hidden because we are violent and primitive and dangerous. This is the Zoo Hypothesis, it is not original to me, but I am putting it into my words and reinforcing it with what I think is inexorable logic.

Why I think this hypothesis is correct:

1. Aliens exist
The universe is billions of years older than our planet, that is a given. Our probes now show planets are common for almost every star. No brutal interpretation of the Drake equation given tens of billions of years of difference can deny life on other planets exist. Anyone claiming different is guilty of anthrocentric bias. At least 50% of them are much older civilizations with hundreds, millions, billions of years head start. Aliens exist.

2. They can't get here? Yes they can.
We assume FTL is impossible by our current physics but that's anthrocentric arrogance. And even if it is not, billion year old AI robots will have no problem exploring all space. For a civilization a billion years old, a probe travelling a few thousand years and back is not an issue.

3. What about alien abductions?
Unproven psychological phenomena. No proof of any of this. It is similar to religious hysteria. Some of it may be part of the paranormal, psychic realm which our modern world and modern mindview deliberately destroys, and we only see this usually as children. But Occam's Razor, there is no reason for abductions when they can sit outside the orbit of Pluto and listen to us all they want. Any species capable of star travel does not need our DNA. It is an elaborate fantasy.

5. What about Roswell? Crashed saucers?
The idea that an a supergodlike alien intelligence needs to fly around in small craft manned by biological crews in the atmosphere is obsolete. Why aren't they using drones? Micro-drones? This is unproven gossip, and based on the notoriously unreliable national security state that puts out deliberate disinformation.

6. What about...
Rendlesham Forest: I don't know
Chicago Airport UFO: I don't know
And other strong cases. Yes, quite possible we sometimes see them. But by my theory, they prefer to stay hidden. Sometimes they mess up. Sometimes we see parapsychological visions instead and it gets conflated with the ETH.

7. Why don't they land on the White House lawn?
Why should they acknowledge gangsters? Human governments are completely corrupt, violent, and not to mince words, evil. It is evil to bomb foreign countries for profit. Monsanto is evil. Halliburton is evil. Blackwater is evil. Our planet is ruled by corrupt and evil people. Why would any alien intelligence speak to these criminals? Exopolitics is a sad joke, it is not happening. I hope to hell not. I hope any aliens never, ever speak to the criminals who rule this world, unless they are arresting them for their lies and their crimes.

7. Help! This is a bleak picture!
If hypothetical aliens even care about us and understand morality and know our rulers are evil, why don't they help us?

Exactly the right question to ask. I wish I knew. The only answer we have is the Zoo Hypothesis, where they feel like they should not interfere with primitive, violent cultures.

I welcome intelligent replies. Any mention of the Bible, ancient aliens, Annunaki, or guerrilla marketing for the "History" Channel will be ignored.

edit on 4/14/2012 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As for the drones, I myself would prefer to be where the action is.

I don't see it as a stretch for an intelligence to want to meet with a new species, heck we go into rain forests, the ocean and stuff like that to be in the natural environment.

I do hope curiosity is an interstellar phenomena and not limited to us, that would be boring.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
point 3. why do they need our dna? an alien species that has conquered interplanetary travel, is obviously a species with thirst for knowledge and exploration. it is possible there are humans on other planets, cloned, by them for study, or it could be for slavery.

point 5. the laws of physics apply to earth. gravity is universal. no matter how advanced a drone is, it is no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes. google earth is an example. seeing the grand canyon on your computer screen and actually be there are two completely different experiences.

saying that, any spacecraft travelling in earths atmosphere will be subject to the same dangers, atmospheric or otherwise as an airplane or any other vehicle defying gravity.

technology doens't equal superhuman advancement. you can't claim to be smarter or more advanced than an other human being because you used a potato peeler and they used a knife. the result is the same, a peeled potato.

all an alien race did was travel a much greater distance. it is not a measure of intelligence or advancement, it is a measure of distance.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
why would they need too monitor/watch us? Pleasure, entertainment? a billion year old civilisation watching a 100k year old civilization WHY?

Only thing that comes to mind for me is maybe they created us and are watching our evolutionary progress. (Sounds a lot like the Annunaki theory)

I believe.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
star and flag;

very good post, and I agree somewhat with most of it. and agree with its general point. I am a long time gamer, and in one of the games i played growing up there was a concept for star systems called a a "red zone" planets that where off limits because the people there are not ready or advanced enough to join the galactic society.

I have long thought we are in a red zone on some map... and my guess is *if* that where the case, then there is a set of rules for removing the red zone or for first contact.

and if thats true, then *any* contact or sightings are illegal.

GhostInShell

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
1. Aliens Exist

I would have to agree with that notion. If we are to even pretend to accept any notion of a fractal implications, this imply a form of self-similarity in a cosmology perspective. Life and/or consciousness on other 'earth like' planets would undoubtedly be a plausible assumption when pondering this very question.
Kinda hard to explain, but I think that should make sense to a few... lol.

2. They Can't Get Here, yes they can!

Again, agreed... I don't care to ramble on about this. But it would seem to be self-evident that this is another practical hypothesis, considering the possibility of them being 100, 1000, or even a 1,000,000 years more advanced.

3. Alien Abductions

Here's where I disagree, and agree. If they are advanced as number 2^ would imply, they plausibly would have no demand for 'abducting' anyone for scientific purposes. That is, until you consider that 'proof is in the pudding', and that even for any advanced knowledge of the inner-workings of DNA and biochemistry, they would still want to collect samples. They would still want samples to judge the human condition, and track the evolution of our species. Or even other species on Earth.

4. What about Roswell, and crashed saucers?

Maybe, maybe not... there's always room for mistakes. Just because we may consider them far more advanced than us, doesn't imply that they are excluded from the realm of possibilities of failure. It's entirely possible that in a form of arrogance, that they would come check us out during a time in which our technology lacks the real ability to track and capture them. They were probably just faulty in a couple judgements, accidents happen.

5. Why don't they just land on the White House lawn?

I'd say you just about summed up that argument, although I wouldn't go as far to label the entirety of those institutions, businesses, and militaries as 'out-right evil'. Just the nature of the beast, I'm sure they have similar problems, or at least did at one time and can acknowledge the fact that it is not just 'humans' that posses this inclination to act in such a manner.

6. Why don't they help us?

That's soooo easy... in my opinion. Do we help ants in their daily discourse, relationships, and/or means of survival amongst themselves?
I think that's enough said...

It's not that we are violent creatures... although it may just be due to the development of our brain that allows for these very acts, and they may not necessarily comprehend the justifications and reasoning behind our actions. It's not in their interest to step in, it's in our interest to help ourselves. Which seemingly isn't being addressed for somehow the people of this world still allow such characters to plays such vital roles in our society.

Oh man, I can't believe I said all that with out mentioning the bible, Ancient Aliens, Annunaki, or any guerrilla marketing schemes!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

My Thesis: Alien intelligences exist, they are monitoring us, they keep themselves hidden because we are violent and primitive and dangerous. This is the Zoo Hypothesis, it is not original to me, but I am putting it into my words and reinforcing it with what I think is inexorable logic.

My thought also, friend. I know they are real because I have seen them, first hand seen them. Humanoid beings. Yes, they are watching us, and have been watching us for a very long time. Humanity's first contact, as far as I know, was this:
Eisenhower’s 1954 Meeting With Extraterrestrials

This is bolstered by the Gerald Light Letter:

Gerald Light’s Letter That Eisenhower Met With Extraterrestrials

The first public source alleging a meeting with extraterrestrials was Gerald Light who in a letter dated April 16, 1954 to Meade Layne, the then director of Borderland Sciences Research Associates (now Foundation), claimed he was part of a delegation of community leaders to an alleged meeting with extraterrestrials at Edwards Air Force Base. In a subsequent article, Meade Layne described Light as a “gifted and highly educated writer and lecturer”, who was skilled both in clairvoyance and the occult.

'My dear friends: I have just returned from Muroc [Edwards Air Force Base]. The report is true -- devastatingly true! I made the journey in company with Franklin Allen of the Hearst papers and Edwin Nourse of Brookings Institute (Truman's erstwhile financial advisor) and Bishop MacIntyre of L.A. (confidential names for the present, please). When we were allowed to enter the restricted section (after about six hours in which we were checked on every possible item, event, incident and aspect of our personal and public lives), I had the distinct feeling that the world had come to an end with fantastic realism. For I have never seen so many human beings in a state of complete collapse and confusion, as they realized that their own world had indeed ended with such finality as to beggar description. The reality of the ‘other plane’ aeroforms is now and forever removed from the realms of speculation and made a rather painful part of the consciousness of every responsible scientific and political group. During my two days' visit I saw five separate and distinct types of aircraft being studied and handled by our Air Force officials -- with the assistance and permission of the Etherians! I have no words to express my reactions. It has finally happened. It is now a matter of history. President Eisenhower, as you may already know, was spirited over to Muroc one night during his visit to Palm Springs recently. And it is my conviction that he will ignore the terrific conflict between the various 'authorities' and go directly to the people via radio and television -- if the impasse continues much longer. From what I could gather, an official statement to the country is being prepared for delivery about the middle of May.

source

The Kenneth Arnold indecent is another hard to debunk event, as is the Betty and Barney Hill indecent. Truth of the matter is, there is a preponderance of evidence that ET Beings and their Atmosphere craft are quite real. also, they are not Demons, a popular Christian label. A supernatural Demon would not need a metallic craft to fly in.

Why don't they land on the White House lawn?
Why should they acknowledge gangsters? Human governments are completely corrupt, violent, and not to mince words, evil. It is evil to bomb foreign countries for profit. Monsanto is evil. Halliburton is evil. Blackwater is evil. Our planet is ruled by corrupt and evil people. Why would any alien intelligence speak to these criminals? Exopolitics is a sad joke, it is not happening. I hope to hell not. I hope any aliens never, ever speak to the criminals who rule this world, unless they are arresting them for their lies and their crimes.

You answered your own question. Deals have been made already, deal made without your knowledge or consent. The Rich Elite, I think are realizing they have been had. And let's face it, once they do land, things will never be the same again. I do not think we will see craft landing until the end, and even then they will not land. I do think they will appear in the skies right before the Earth turns over in a polar shift. Go, or stay, your choice.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Very interesting read, I do agree that there is tons of deliberate mis information out there, but they do that to cause uncertainty and fear. maybe they can only harvest our adrenaline/energy if they are actually in their craft. makes sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The fact there is more than likely extra terrestrial civilization is certain.

The rest of your post seemed a bit presumptious, like your only take on aliens is abductions involving DNA samples. There are limitless possibilities as to the nature of extra terrestrial interaction and limitless possibilities as the the origin / types of extra terrestrial.

There could be:

dimensional beings, able to appear and cloak themselves
humans could be their protege / experiment / kids science project etc
there could be limitless types and amounts of extra terrestrials living here on earth
all the species could be extra terrestrial in origin, including humans
earth could be a monitoring project / controlled by another planet / it's inhabitants / civilization
are in contact with higher agencies in governments etc and have reached certain agreements
are in conflict with / non agreement with governments and are trying to reveal themselves

or many other possibilities

When you mention the term 'Anthrocentric', it's a good word to describe a large percentage of humanity, which, if current apathy indicates, are ultimately conditioned this way. You started out saying you believe in aliens then went on to say but they obviously aren't abducting etc so must be due to 'zoo hypothesis'. Whilst this hypothesis could be apt in many ways it doesn't exclude other possibilities. Presuming the nature of extra terrestrial interaction is kind of anthrocentric also.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've never heard this referred to as the Zoo Hypothesis, but I believe you are correct when you say that they view us as lower than they are. They seem to be very evil to me, at least from the abduction reports I've read.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I always like to think of visiting ETs as being like humans going on a safari in Africa. Humans roll in on their trucks, snap some pictures of the wildlife from a safe distance to show the folks back home, driving off at speed when it looks like the locals are getting restless.

ETs roll in on their spacecraft, snap some pictures of the wildlife from a safe distance to show the folks back home, zooming off at speed when it looks like the locals are getting restless.

Its a nice thought anyway...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthinessHurts

Keep in mind that the locals on Safari carry guns just in case the wildlife gets out of hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Totally agree with you, Earth as a Zoo makes all the sense, including were all the variety of animal species "popped up" from, considering the flood and ice ages destroyed most of them.
As to the why? ..... well, what we do as "evil" in this world, really effects, basically, Earth inhabitants only...... and we are the ones who suffer the consequences of those actions. I believe one learns more from ones mistakes then ones successes, so...... it's the low road we have chosen to a certain "destiny" if you will.
It doesn't really matter which path you choose, all roads inevitably lead to Rome, and the aliens are well aware of this.

This could also explain the profound UFO activity regarding nukes, as these have the ability to destroy other worlds, not just our own.
just my simple humble opinion

top topics

join