It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has sold more than half its companies to foreigners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Germanicus
No,but I feel that 'national corporatism' is the lesser of two evil's.

Why ?

I also feel that it encourages the corporation's to actually give a crap about the countries they start it.

Not really.

It just means that the corporations are forced to employ potentially sub-standard workers at prohibitive rates of pay.

America has all those corporation's out of delaware sending jobs oversea's. That is wrong.

What's wrong about that ? The fact that a lot of people in other countries are willing to do work as well as - if not better - than a pampered American is, at a lower rate of pay ?

Im not sure if you believe this or you are simply being silly.
So you think its ok for apple to exploit their worker's in demonic workplaces?

If you look at how the founding fathers set up America you will see that they saw the incorporation as a privilidge. Corporation's were only allowed to make money if the project served the public interest. They kept them in check.

You cheer for your own demise Sherlock.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
S&F for you.

I've been saying the same thing for years.

Foreign owned = Foreign profits.

But dont worry, the SCUMBAGS in power will recover the losses by stripping the poor and middle class of EVERYTHING they own.

My water, gas electric, rubbish colections, street cleaning etc etc is ALL OWNED BY FOREIGNERS.

Been doing a bit of nation building in your country have they?

Well if you don't impeach politicians with petitions when they commit traitorous acts, then you will be the slave of the Hun or whoever.
You have the power.
If a person in government, puts forward a bill that you believe to be contrary to your CHRISTIAN ethics and or moral standard, visa vis, they import people from a non-Christian country to take your job or steal your country, then you need to get people to sign it and have the politician in question tossed out.

Stand on any corner you will have a million signatures in no time.

Use your power.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Im not sure if you believe this or you are simply being silly.
So you think its ok for apple to exploit their worker's in demonic workplaces?

Behave yourself.

These are companies, not charities.

Nowhere did I claim that it was ''ok'' for a company to exploit its workers. What's up with all of these false dichotomies on ATS nowadays ?

If you look at how the founding fathers set up America you will see that they saw the incorporation as a privilidge. Corporation's were only allowed to make money if the project served the public interest. They kept them in check.

The founding fathers also set up the USA to gain wealth through slave labour and genocide; so forgive me if I brush off the rest of their ''ideas'' on economics with disgust.

A motley, 18th-century ensemble of slave-owners, rapists and drunkards should have absolutely no relevance or pertinence in the more enlightened years of the 21st-century - no matter what the issue is.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

If I didnt know better I would think you are part of America's 50 cent Army. Or do you work for free?

Corporatism is bad.
Its pretty elementary my dear sherlock. You are not fooling anyone.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

You're not making any sense whatsoever. Nor are you even attempting to rebuff or deconstruct the points which I'm making. Although, I'm hardly surprised by the latter.

Strangely enough, when it says ''England'' as my location, that doesn't mean ''England, Alabackwardassia, USA'' or ''England, North Hillbillia, USA''.

Fear not, I'm not a brown-skinned Mexican migrant on 50 cents p/h.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So you dont know what 50 Cent Army is?

Not shocked.

Google is your bud.

The word China may help.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dtaonats

You are quite correct.

The western leaders and central bankers want the rest of the world to become entrenched in our societies for their globalization scheme.

We see it in foreign owners buying up properties, business and resources.
We see it in foreigners from other countries taking others job's.
We see it in allowing open borders and massive immigration in Europe as well as America.

The elite at the top will enjoy the spoils of their plans while everyone else will be living a meager existence, all at the same level.

It is all about power and control.

Think of the big companies that will dominate in the near future as well that will make the elite rich and powerful.

Companies like Monsanto and Goldman Sachs come to mind for example.
Always has been.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

LOL

Fair do's, mate.

Sorry, I guessed it was a slang term for illegal immigrants in the US - as in what they were earning per hour.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hey no worries.

And I dont mind that you worship our corporatist overlords.

Somebody has to dominate and rule over us hey.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I don't think most liberals outside of the government that is, were for all these programs.
I know I was not for all the trade pacts and foreign immigration.
The government likes to put words in peoples mouths on what they want them to represent.

There is a difference between the Democrats and Republican's as presented by the government, versus the Democrats and Republican's in mainland US.

The Republicans I know want smaller government as do I, but the Republicans in the government, are all for Big Government, Big Spending and Big Wars.

Just like the "Homes for Everyone" garbage was passed by both Government Dems and Repubs, but the ones I know were against it. It is the divide and conquer strategy they have employed, while the Bankers and Politicians profit off of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So you seem to be of the opinion that if someone else can work for less, then it is A ok?
Tell me.
When are we going to get an influx of CEO's from the rest of the world, that get paid a 1/100 fraction of US CEO's to come do these jobs here in the US?

The rest of the world has no problem finding talent to run large corporations outside the US, of which they all make a small fraction.

So, when is it going to start?
Oh, that is right, everyone else has to live with less, while the criminals in the corporations, government, and wall street continue to live the high life at everyone else's expense.

What's wrong about that ? The fact that a lot of people in other countries are willing to do work as well as - if not better - than a pampered American is, at a lower rate of pay ?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm not necessarily defending corporatism. However, I fail to see the difference between British corporations owning UK companies, and multinational corporations doing the same.

If anything, the wider scope of serious international interest in, and acquisition of, British companies should provide the average Briton with a better service and product.

English football is a perfect example: the Premier League is the most popular and successful league in the world, because it's based upon long-standing and popular English ''brands'', yet their ownership, management and workforce is largely made up of non-British owners, coaches and players; this adds to the quality of the ''product'' which perpetuates the worldwide popularity and stature of the Premier League.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I like sports that use a salary cap.

I would like to see a cap put on what an individual can earn in a year.

They can generate more which will go into a pool,and they will get recognition for that.

And a cap on profit margins and the amount any corporation can earn. Same again. They can generate over but the money over the limit goes into a pool.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

America has all those corporation's out of delaware sending jobs oversea's. That is wrong.

What's wrong about that ?

Perhaps a country with a near 10% unemployment rate should prioritise giving jobs to its own citizens before sending them overseas?

A wacky notion, I know. Imagine giving priority to your own citizens! lol, lulz.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My nation is run by traitors, the elite have so much money they shield themselves from the reality of modern Britain, but the people suffer their despicable fayre

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
you may want to read the "Shock Doctrine". It lays out what has been going on for some time. You will not be pleased at the absolute evil that exits.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yea so has America. I wonder if the Chinese are buying up the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join