It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin to NATO: Yankees, Please Stay in Afghanistan, Putin on the Same Side as The Elites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Source
edit on 14-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

For years, Putin has fanned anti-NATO sentiment. As recently as two months ago, he was using it to rally voters around his candidacy for president. Over the last 15 years, Russian TV viewers have consumed hundreds of hours of anti-NATO “documentaries,” each complete with spooky music and a kooky story line.

But now, as Putin acknowledges, Russia needs NATO in Afghanistan.

Ulyanovsk’s Communists immediately demonstrated, chanting: “NATO Nyet!” A “NATO base” they said, will never be built in the birthplace of Lenin.

Gennady Zyuganov, leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, told the faithful that “the NATO base” near Ulyanovsk was “a gift from Putin to the USA for recognizing the elections.”

On April 7, a column of 1,000 protesters, largely communists and nationalists, marched through central Ulyanovsk, chanting “Russia Without NATO,” and waving signs reading: “No Russian Land For NATO,” and, in English: “NATO Go Home.”

If Putin acknowledges NATO then that means his a western pawn and the Serbs can forget that Putin will help them.

I am a little surprised by this.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Afghanistan and all the issues with it affect Russia just as much as they affect NATO / US - All politics are local.

Just because our countries disagree on a myriad of topics doesn't mean we are mortal enemies. Finding areas of common concern may very well be a good way to further dialog and tone down rhetoric.

Putin has pretty much admitted that during his run for president the constant comments about the US was nothing more than election year posturing. Our presidential candidates are doing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Russia gave them an airbase?That is rope.

Appears russia is going to try and catch them smuggling the opiates.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Russia gave them an airbase?That is rope.

Appears russia is going to try and catch them smuggling the opiates.

agree

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Just as I have posted in my earlier threads, no one wants to do the dirty work and no one is after the world policeman's job. So America..your job is safe for always. The rest of the world will concentrate on nation building.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Putin is just doing to America, what Reagan did to the Soviets back in the 80's when they were mired in Afghanistan (Reagan sabotaged peace talks between the Muj. and Soviets which led the war to drag on for another 4 years - one of the things that put OBL on the warpath against the USA). Putin wants to ensure that Americans stay for nice, protracted, costly war.

"Hey America, the weather's nice in Kabul this time of year, here's an air base, stay for another 10 years and a few more trillion dollars! TROLLOLOL !!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
yeah Im thinkin what Black said
a free gift is never free

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When was Putin not an elitist?
I have never trusted the man....He has a look about him that just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
When was Putin not an elitist?
I have never trusted the man....He has a look about him that just doesn't sit right with me.

Well so are the Western liberals in Russia they are also elites.
No different then from Putin.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
No surprise Russia want's to see the west expend all it's money and resources in Afghanistan. The Afghan war was devastating for the former Soviet Union.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Putin is the ultimate pragmatist and he's playing the big game.

I expect the man would regard the language used on here (pro-elite, anti-elite) as the work of loons.

The Russians will support NATO when it needs something from it and oppose it when it doesn't. All the while using NATO as the foil against which the Russian 21st century identity can be defined. Putin fear mongers NATO in the same way western governments use Iran.

Russia's behaviour, when viewed as the maneuverings of a 19th century great power, makes total sense.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

If Putin acknowledges NATO then that means his a western pawn and the Serbs can forget that Putin will help them.

It seems very, very, very weird to me that you would believe a certain group of people that exert power across different platforms, exist.

But only in the US?

You have to be blind or willfully ignorant if you believe that elsewhere on the planet, especially Russia/China/Iran, a group of people isn't doing exactly the same.

Hello? Wake the hell up? Or did you think that just because they(Russia, China, Iran) criticize the US(and in doing so they make sure to address points that are talked about online, in forums such as this and elsewhere) that they are good countries??? It's a retarded notion. People are infinitely more free in the US and the West than they are in those countries!

Ever tried criticizing the Russian government as a Russian? Or how about China? Or Iran? The government will send people to arrest you, and they will torture you until they beat fear into you and dissent out of you. In the US and West you can even criticize the government publicly! And in doing so help society progress.

You can't do that in Russia/China/Iran. So why would you, in a place like ATS, think that those governments over there are not run by "elites"? They are far more viscous than those in the West too...when did a person from the US flee to Iran/Russia/China?

I think it's time you guys started prioritizing. It would seem that you are falling victim to propaganda from the likes of Russia/China/Iran.

new topics

top topics

join