It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Western town fights feds over very existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This article popped out at me because my city is facing similar problems: the Feds want all out control of our water.
This could potentially end the historic town of Tombstone, AZ

A new fight has developed in the American West over water, where strategies to use the liquid gold routinely are litigated and challenged. But in one case, according to a legal team, the result literally could kill the historic town of Tombstone, Ariz.

“This is a case of egregious federal overreach,” an institute report on the conflict said. “If the Forest Service can effectively seize Tombstone’s 130-year-old water rights during a state of emergency – rights that the service recognized as valid in 1916 – no state or local government will be safe from the feds.”

Source: WND

Basically shortage developed after the Monumental Fire of 2011 wheres monsoon rains hit the region causing mudslides which damage the town's mountain spring waterlines and destroyed reservoirs for the town's main water supply. The Feds don't want to help and the Forest Service wants to regulate the water for it claims they have the water rights over the town. My town is facing a similar case where we have been fighting in court for 20 + years for the city's right to obtain water from the Yellowstone River.
What ATS's thoughts on the continuing extension of the Fed's hands into our water rights?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The continuing extension of the Feds hand into your towns water rights is no different than their.continuing extension of their hands into our constitutional rights, states rights, parental rights, and all other rights. They simply do not care about anyone's right to anything, plain and simple.

The only right that we in America have anymore is to do exactly as they say and if you don't then you have the right to go to jail, period. Watching America today is like watching a rerun of the buildup of the USSR, the Fed think they own everything including us.

It should be clear to anyone who has not been totally hypnotized by American Idol and Dancing With The Stars that our government is out of control and corrupt. It has reached the point that it is destructive to its means and has been so transofmed from its original design that it is unrecognizable. Personally I don't know what advice to give or what to even say in this matter other than "Dont start the revolution without me".

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shangrila

If you take water from the people you are taking their lives away for without water our bodies can not continue living.

I hope they think they know what they are doing , because taking our countries water from the people WILL cause riots and backlash.

I'm sure that is what they want though. Maybe the race war they hoped for just isn't going to happen so they are trying to speed things up.

Who tries to tell people how much water they can and cannot use ?

TPTB are the only people who horde resources anyways....not us...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
its not even that they arent telling them they cant have water its that they cant repair their own water supply and the feds seem to be trying to claim it as its "near" a national park and evidently out side of the area my grandmother grew up in benson airozna so i am very familer with this area it gets very verry dry every summer and iwth out this water one of our historical treasures will be gone

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shangrila

You have to understand feudalism to understand what is going on. Under feudalism, the nobles and the monarchs owned various woods far away from their castles, that surrounded most of the villages and towns. The citizens of the villages and towns could not hunt from these woods(so monarchs and nobles didn't have to hunt for game, and also to control the serfs/peasants food supplies).

This is about power and control. They want to control what you eat, drink, watch and think. Hence credit agencies: It is a form of Sumptuary law's. To keep the rabble from getting access to certain goods and services. All we are seeing, is the British reconquest of America in slow motion via using Federal and Corporate agencies to foster feudal era laws and customs onto us.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't know that this is about feudalism.....according to most of the news articles it seems to be about spite. the Obama admin is flexing its muscles because of immigration laws, Joe Arapio, and probably countless other reasons.
since when does the US forest service have the power to arrest anyone? do they carry guns now?
I can almost see Tombstone from where I live and, although they are the butt of many jokes around this county, they have everyone's support.....you don't know the importance of water until you've lived without it in the desert....and survived.
the town of Tombstone owns something like 22 different wells and spring in the Huachuca mountains south of Sierra Vista. Fort Huachuca takes all the water they want from those mountains and aquifers and nobody- not even environmentalists- can make them do otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join