It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The U.S. use an Airborne Laser to Shoot Down the North Korean ICBM?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's a north korean rocket....we wouldn't waste the chemicals or fuel using the ABL....we'd let it do just what it did...Fail miserably

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
1 billion dollar oops? i dont think so..... use your heads boys

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

lol yeah, and then the next one they put mirrors on it.

What?

There are no 6 minute abs?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I have made the point that what we have in our arsenals didn't end with common WMDs.I am far more than sure there are weaponized orbital assets we will never know about until someone attacks the US with waves of missiles.
As to the NK launch I would guess it was a ship board asset.The ABL would be too public.Could you imagine a THEL on a submarine? or a neutral particle beam?
Think about it ,did we stop "Star Wars" giving up the highest ground we could take for public pleasantries or treaties?They already are lying about Bio weapons by saying it's defensive research only.
They wouldn't lie to us about space weapons right?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me when the missile/rocket mad its turn toward south Korea that we
intervened.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
part of me thinks it was a planned dud, decoy.
a Chinese plant to study American military psychology around the NKoreans launching a satellite.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
reply to post by IAMTAT

lol yeah, and then the next one they put mirrors on it.

What?

There are no 6 minute abs?

Oddly enough, mirror surfacing only buys you a few seconds. Big lasers are sort of like the honey badger - they don't care. The mirrors in the laser are as optically perfect as they can manage, and it still gets hot enough that it takes a lot of cooling to keep them in one piece. The missile can't be nearly as good.

Plus, if you're using conjugate correction, it'll focus on any tiny imperfection and spend the laser's power on heating that up, that'll damage your coating, then the whole thing comes apart. The plasma bloom thing doesn't care much about mirrors either.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I posted this in jest about 5 minutes after it went down.

I'm sure the US intelligence had a good idea what they had on the pad, and that it would fail

it would be really dumb to shoot it down

if they get caught, they look bad, and if the launch is successful, they use the fear machine to get what they want

so the only way they lose is if they unnecessarily shoot it down and get caught

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by IAMTAT

Actually, the report that I first heard via Brian Williams and NBC Nightly news was that after the initial separation the secondary booster failed to ignite, caught on fire and then fell apart as it fell into the ocean. Not sure if totally accurate, or if the laser technology in question would be capable of causing such a scenario.

That is exactly how it takes out ICBM's. The Laser heats the fuel payload and then BOOM!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
part of me thinks it was a planned dud, decoy.
a Chinese plant to study American military psychology around the NKoreans launching a satellite.

We are having some high level discussions on the balance of power.

Its not any change since the last 20 years but since Kim Jong-il died, I think its just a formality for everyone (the secret government) to agree that we should keep the same balance of power.

You know if America attacks Iran, then Russia, China, Korea, Pakistan, will protect them and same goes with any of the other countries in that group. By standing together they form the balance of power against a superpower.

Living in the nuclear age means we need to have a balance of power.

And people might argue that this is not the best way to do that but thats the way we are doing it because we think thats the best way to do it to safeguard the capitalist system which we all enjoy when we go shopping or order something on-line. We expect it to get delivered and voila! It does.

Its part of a larger planetary economic management program, that would take some time to explain in detail.
Like creating employment in China, so they can be self supporting, and not starving and in need of aid.(Like they used to be)
And for 1 full third of Americans to opt out of the labor force and play computer games which I am sure is harder than working in the steel mills where they used to work and foundries and tanneries and you know.
Chicken in every pot. But you know its still not a fair system, because people just refuse to share with each other.
America as a nation, believes that its ok, for some people to have 60 billion dollars and some of its citizens to go hungry.

Well thats not global policy. Global policy is to encourage the redistribution of wealth, and we do that by creating employment in third world countries and we accomplish that often by using the World Bank, and currency exchange etc.
You see if we don't help them in their own countries, we will be helping them as refugees in boats on our doorstep.

So Britain joking asked if they should join the other side. Its not as if we plan to ever actually fight it out.

Does their economic future look brighter than ours?

Not really, they are still playing catch up. They have a lot of catching up to do in social reforms and standard of living. Why America wants to bother my pet project Iran is beyond me. I have no idea why. They are good stewards of the land, it looks like paradise, and they are happy to be looking after themselves, they are somewhat democratic and they are doing ok financially.
They have no aspirations to go a conquering or anything like that. Their religious leaders look after the oil money, and everyone agrees in their country they are the ones most trusted. Whats wrong with that?

Whats wrong with North Korea being independent? You know we have given them a lot of aid over the years.
They are doing better now.

China is doing well but needs to work on its pollution and environmental problems. It should be spending money on that.

American billionaires should be using that money to help people in America, not in Africa.
Africa needs to play catch up too. They need to develop their own ideas of capitalism and modern culture that suits their own nature as people.
We interfere too much in their lives as we steal their oil and diamonds.

What the heck is up with Chinese people with money not wanting to invest it back in their OWN country?

And what is up with the American billionaires not creating programs to benefit the lower classes?
Do you need to just tax them poor and redistribute the wealth by force of arms of or what?

Pass a no inheritance law and that will fix everything. All monies when you and your spouse die goes to the state. The state redistributes it.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cue Soundgarten - Black Hole son seen over London. "London calling", (the zombies of Doom).

You want a state of the onion address, is that correct?

Well I am not going to write a speech but I will tell you what we are doing. And why.

So we engineered a real estate boom because Americans after Y2K were again, going to slip back into economic ruin because they cannot compete globally since cheap labor is plentiful.

So then we asked them to lower the dollar, to help them be more competitive and they see that as an insult to their pride and a strong dollar means more to them than putting food on everyone's plate or housing them. Which is fine, we never said it was an option, if you wanted to go down screaming instead of partying in Vegas hey thats your prerogative. I know its a bitter pill to swallow. But it gives you something to work towards slowly.

And so then why haven't we injected some life into this economy, because we are reestablishing this thing called capitalism, which is based on market forces of supply and demand. Perhaps you have heard of supply and demand.
As opposed to interventionist tactics which of course does nothing except make things more complicated and unsteady. Unsteady means dangerous investment climate. So basically what we have been doing is letting the market seek its own level. Old style economic strategy. Where if you work hard, you can get ahead.

People have been used to pennies from heaven with Y2K and then the real estate boom, and that has increased your standard of living, so to coast at this level is no great hardship.
Even with depression level figures in some areas, and with Detroit looking like Chernobyl, you still have enormous development and mansion building going on at unprecedented levels and are still the largest economy in the world with the highest GDP.
Almost as much as the rest of the free world COMBINED. You just to whine a lot as you move from one mansion to another.
The fact that people are homeless is no ones fault but your own, you can most assuredly afford to house them and make work for them if you wanted to. And real prices are still inflated. The Fed has engineered a soft landing, with our help in the global community (read secret government) to try something rather than the boom and bust cycle, because they knew that we were planning on this return to basic capitalism as we teach the third world what capitalism is. So rather than go through this period in a bust situation, you got a soft landing and preserved your standard of living writ large.
You know if I was to tell all here it would take a lot of posts so I am just focusing on America here.
And include Britain in that and Canada and probably France and Germany in fact the group of 7 countries.
Since our economies are tied together and our policy is the same across the board.

Have I got anything other than just lower the dollar to offer? Of course, HHO.
And whenever you feel like adopting it then we will proceed to improve the level of civilization.
Until then, fill yer boots with any and all kinds of your own programs.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Let me give you an example of some physics we worked very hard on for years so that people might be able to irrigate the deserts if they wanted to, heat their homes for free, and basically generate free electricity, and make appliances that have built in power sources, and make clean burning fuel to help the environment recover from lead in the atmosphere and an excess of carbon in the atmosphere and pollutants of all kinds which poison people and the earth.

But first, you would think that most people would agree that anything that could do that would be worth doing.
Correct? Of course. But its an oil economy.

Is it really? And what was it before that? Steam? So is oil better than steam? Of course it is.
In the same way, HHO is better than oil.

This truck runs on HHO in America, did a 3,000 mile journey and the info is free.
www.youtube.com...

This car in Japan runs on water and is looking for a manufacturer...
www.greenoptimistic.com...

and from Korea, a company that refits factories to run on HHO and also produces an HHO generator used for welding and cutting steel.
Best Korea...(Browns Gas is another name for HHO)
www.youtube.com...

SO ok, there is no reason, other than political, for people to not opt out of polluting fossil fuels and the manufacture of HHO powered vehicles, farm machinery, factories, desalination plants, irrigation systems etc.

And if you fill up at a gas station, you fill up with distilled water, and you pay your road tax.
Its not much but the people will pay it rather than go through the trouble of distilling their own.

IF you wash their windows check their oil and run to the pumps. Remember those days?

Probably not but they used to do that when I was a kid.

Right now gas stations in my city are closing down because they can't meet environmental standards, cars are too fuel efficient for gas stations to be profitable in high rent areas close to town.
And with the increase of bio-fuels, that changes very little. It still pumps carbon into the air.
All it does is take land that could grow food and turn it into growing fuel.

So what in fact are we doing? Slowly by slowly doing nothing, and since we are the only ones who know what the heck we are doing, by doing nothing, your ship is sinking, and since you do not know how to save yourselves, slowly by slowly we are forcing you to comply and adopt HHO.

It doesn't matter how long it takes. Do it as prescribed and it will be fun and easy and it will create employment and a baby boom. Do it slowly and grudgingly and you know that other countries will get the jump on you.

Diesel trucks and burning coal to make electricity is cave man stuff so when you evolve we will continue to raise the level of civilization. That may require one full generation of Internet babies to hit their thirties.
Since they will be well educated.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
VA class sub based. Power of a nuke reactor is required. Just my guess. I have no clue but this would make the most sense tactically and may have been the "behind-the-scenes" info fed to congress to get funding passed for this program.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What else have I got? LED light bulbs.

Require very little electricity.

What else do you need exactly? We gave you so much money everyone on welfare built a mansion, the fact that they could not keep it is not our fault.

Have you seen Florida lately?

Check out this poor impoverished part of the world...
g.co...

A while back a tornado ripped through Dallas. A couple weeks ago and you got to see the damage. Some shingles flew off some of the typical 5,000 square foot, 4 car garage mansions that make up suburbia.

Each has 3 or 4 brand new vehicles parked in their circular drive ways.

You people aren't hurtin. We can see it all in google. The fact that you refuse to help your own people is YOUR problem. That is not a global economic problem.
List of countries by GDP (gross domestic product)
en.wikipedia.org...

So yes we have a balance of power, and that helps us to create a strong global economy. And if you want to fire me, you can.
Its not a paid position.
Fire yourself while you are at it. Let them eat cake.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I will tell you this too. Somewhere there is a new kind of MacDonalds. A gas station in the country where a guy does conversions to HHO that requires distilled water just because he has Thomas Edison instincts, and will do his conversions SO THEY DO require distilled water, and he will distill water in the back, and sell it to the Eskimos, in Florida, or somewhere where they are SURROUNDED in water.

And they will come.

And his boys will run to the pumps, and check your oil, and wash your windows, and the people will be patting themselves on the back in that town, laughing about fuel shortages, and line ups elsewhere.

And they will pay the price he demands, which will be fair and he will calculate it like Macdonald's would to cover costs and a a good profit but competitive expecting that others will soon be following suit.

And he will sell junk food and beer in his store and he will franchise it eventually.

Its not illegal to distill water or to sell water or to work on cars or to sell chips and pop.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

A couple of problems with the US destroying the NK missile with an ALS (Airborne Laser System), There is only one prototype plane and it was sent to the boneyard in February, 2012 and in 2010 The Defense Department dropped funding of the project.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's preposterous. Everyone knows that Obama commandeered one of the secret Alien Reproduction Vehicles from Area 51 to fly to the secret Nazis base on the far side of the moon and convinced their commanders to shoot the North Korean missile down.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
o im sure it was not a malfunction.

this is why koreans dont play marines...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In case anyone thinks that LED lights are not going to be big in the next few years, you may think well they are not very bright.

Not so. They can be very very bright. A 60W bulb is 840 lumens. One lumen is equal to one candle that weighs one kg that is made of whale oil.

Here are some 10,000 lumen LED's
www.alibaba.com...

And what is the wattage of an equivalent 60W incandescent bulb? 5 to 12 Watts.
And some down as low as 2.5 watts.

The future is lined with unobtrusive LED lighting. Already our computer rooms glow from it. Some day people will get over that fascination with putting them on everything and use them as proper lighting.

The price on room lighting will drop dramatically once LED's are massed produced to replace light bulbs.

And imagine the savings in energy, for the entire country, when street lights and traffic lights are LED.

And a typical LED light lasts 15,000 hours.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't want to misdirect your thread, so the reason we have North Korea, is so that we can have HHO, and who is going to stop us?
And so we can have LED lighting and again, what sort of corporate interest is going to stop us?

You see by preserving freedom in manufacturing, in Asia, we are strengthening the global economy and building for the future.

This Chinese company can fill orders of 100,000 units per month, for LED floodlights at 5 bucks each, with a 3 year warranty, and 50,000 hour bulb life, and 10,000 lumens brightness that is UL approved.

www.alibaba.com...

So the system works. When you let the system work. If you want to use your economic weight in your own country and restrict their use, and or make people pay 100 dollars per unit, or just plain block their entry into the country, well thats just not capitalism.

To be successful you have to follow trends and be able to go with the flow. Imagine the opportunities in that field alone, due to the savings for the consumer, and government on all levels and business.

You will reduce your lighting costs down to 1/5th of present levels. Right off your bill the day you switch over you start saving money and energy as a country.

America spends about 75 billion per year in lighting. Which is not much for American expenditures, but you know prices of energy are not going down any time soon in America.

The real energy costs would drop with HHO. And like it or not, you can't stop progress baby.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join