It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turner Diaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was thinking how similar the current state of America is very much like the dystopian/alternate history book The Turner Diaries. Has anyone else read the book? Its well worth reading if you missed it. The current racial tension's that are brewing(manufactured)and the rising price of fuel and the control of the government.....so many things remind me of The Turner Diaries. America is not as bad as William Luther Pierces vision of what America would become but it does seem to be on the fast track.

If you have not read the book I must warn you that it is written by a white supremacist and is easily the most racist thing I have ever encountered. Its so racist it border's on being comical. But it really is worth a read. I really enjoyed it. It was inspired by Jack London's masterpeice The Iron Heel and is written in the same style.

The book The Turner Diaries was also a favourite of Timothy Mcveigh,which is how I discovered it. Apparently he would hand out copies to people at gun shows and considered it his 'handbook'. I can see why he would have considered it his handbook. It in a way reads like a manual for overthrowing a government. The American Government. I found that side of the book to be the most appealing
The methods employed are methods that should remain fiction but it really is an interesting and enjoyable read if you can get past the racism.

If anyone has read the book,do you agree?Was William Luther Pierce on the money? I consider him to be somewhat of a futurist. It was written in 1978 as a serial in a white supremacist tabloid and later printed in paperback.and it predicts a heck of alot that has happened as far as government control,the internet,identity issues,control and many other things in addition to cost of fuel and racial tension.
en.wikipedia.org...
I dont think many places would sell the book but you can find it online if you look. If you download it you may be put on an FBI/CIA watchlist or something so it may be safer to download it from work or a friends house and stick it on a usb

edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nobody wants to be on a watch list?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I will link Jack Londons 'The Iron Heel' though.

An even better book. I think you can download this one without fear that the United States Government is watching you. Im not certain though

Same kind of thing without the racism. It is about the overthrow of Government.

www.online-literature.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Can you get me a copy of "Catcher in the Rye?" lol
I was told you will be on a "list" if you look it up on the web lol?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Can you get me a copy of "Catcher in the Rye?" lol
I was told you will be on a "list" if you look it up on the web lol?

Ha! Thats one of my favourite books. Franny and Zooey is better though if you like Salinger.
readbookforfreeonline.blogspot.com.au...
Im on the list

[SNIP] em. They dont scare me

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks a lot

You truly are a martyr for us tin-foil hat wearin folks

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I came across a copy of the "T. Diaries" at a gun show. It looked too depressing, so I put it back down. I had already read The Postman, and just didn't want another go-round.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

new topics

top topics

join