It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Moon invited to play at 2012 Olympics!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The organizers of the 2012 Olympics to be held this summer in London recently asked the manager of The Who if Keith Moon would be willing to perform at the games.

For those who don't know....including the Olympic Organizers!!!! Keith has been dead for 34 years.

Here is an excerpt from the response letter Bill Curbishley, The Who's manager sent back to the Olympic committee.

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to The Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old,'" he said. "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

One Source
Another Source

One of the articles suggested they try to get George Harrison and John Lennon back also for a Beatles reunion!

You would think the organizers would be a little more organized before making idiots of themselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I bet these plans were drawn up over a few drinks somewhere and possibly even scribbled on the bottom of a beer-mat.
I'm surprised they didn't invite all the members of the 27 Club while they were at it. It's also no wonder that corruption is inherent in their organisation when such a lack of general knowledge is present in their officials.

"No Johnny, you just pour me another one and
*breaks into song and dance*
Every little ting, gonna be alright, gonna be alright...."

ETA Maybe they were in a Karaoke bar!

edit on 14/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Good news! Sounds like the manager didn't exactly say no to this idea! pfft. And if they can't get Moon, maybe John Bonham would be willing to fill in.

This kind of reminds me of a video where a young reporter went up to William Shatner for an interview not knowing who he was and called him Mr. Thatcher.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
LOL. I didn't think about that actually. He really didn't say no.
Just conjure him up and maybe he'll play!!!

They have a better chance getting Keith than Gun's had getting Axle last night!

top topics

join