It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Senate votes down credit card bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

AZ Senate votes down credit card bill

www.kpho.com

Under the measure, debt buyers would be empowered to sue a person based on little evidence. They would be able to show they are entitled to a money judgment by submitting either the "final billing statement" or an "electronic record," which could be no more than a spreadsheet that has the debtor's name on it and an amount purportedly owed.

Rep. Debbie McCune Davis told azhousedemocrats.com, "It benefits out-of-state debt buyers, companies that purchase and attempt to collect debt after it has gone into default."

The measure was originally denied by the Arizona Senate Banking and I
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.azhousedemocrats.com

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
First it was not passed, then it was re reviewed and passed.
Now Anyone with a slip of paper with a bill can get a judgement on someone. I will also add links to the actual bill.

Now, if you have a medical bill, lets say and you have SS, you are very ill, people who buy your debt can now go to court with little evidence , out of state, and have a judgement passed on you. Your check can be garnished, and you can be out on the street.

Who can afford to goto court out of state to defend themselves!
This law is insane on so many possible issues. Never mind, Az has a high identity theft problem too.

The governor has yet to pass it. She is the last step. If you live in AZ, raise your voice. A single lobbyist is responsible for this monster and the spent a lot of money.

Jeff Dial, the sponsor, will not comment to the news station.

They are passing this under our noses. What is next? Making our survivors pay our debts?

www.kpho.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Arizona is always a "proof of concept" state for the elite.

Same with the Carolina s.

This doesn't really help the average joe but sets another precedent for the corporate owners of this nation.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Arizona is sure trying to whip out the laws. I wonder if it's a 2016 Political move?

Law Happy in AZ! I'm glad I dont live there. Montana and Idaho have very few laws.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Someone needs to activate the "politician removal machine". Then sight it in on Jeff Dial.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I live here, but I tell ya, I more and more want to MOVE.
More power to the corporations, ones that are not even IN THIS STATE can come take our money. This needs more publicity. It is being squeaked in like other bad bills do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Amatrine
post a link to the Gov. office with the email and phone number. I don't know how many people will write or call but if enough do maby it will help do something.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good idea. Here is a link:

Govoner Jan Brewer Arizona Contact

Sent a letter to her myself.
edit on 14-4-2012 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Good idea. Here is a link:

Govoner Jan Brewer Arizona Contact

Sent a letter to her myself.
edit on 14-4-2012 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the link... I just sent an email letter myself.

new topics

top topics

join