It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God: My Gnosis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
( * I adhere to no religion. This is what I subjectively kgnow of God. I am not using scripture as proof, I am using specific scripture to articulate concepts. * )

God is The Alpha, The Omega, The First, The Last, The All. The Formless, but may take form. The Timeless, but may experience time. The One, but may become many.

Say; He is God, The One.
God, The Eternal, The Absolute.
He begets not, nor was He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.

- Qur'an, Suratul Ikhlas (The Purity), Chapter 112

What is there except for God?
Nothing, because God is All.
For God to have created anything, He must have created it from Him Self; for All is He.

29. For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.

30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.

- The Book of the Law, Liber AL vel Legis, Chapter 1:29-30

If All is the composition of God, then Man too must be made of God.

“Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay: When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My Spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

- Qur'an, Suratul Saad, Chapter 38:71- 72

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

- Bible, The Book of Genesis, Chapter 2:7

Creation begins with emotion... with thought....

Desires, words, and images in the mind become manifest in the physical by word or action.

We, as humans, are co-creators. We first create within our Self and then we project outwardly with word and action from what is, as God did so unto Him Self.

What we think and what we say, we bring forth.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

- Bible, The Gospel According to John, Chapter 1:1-5

"To Him (God) is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He saith to it: "Be," and it is."

- Qur'an, Suratul Baqarah (The Cow), Chapter 2:117

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

- Bible, The Book of Genesis, Chapter 1:1-3

As there is divinity around and beyond us, so too is divinity found within.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

- Bible, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 6:19

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

- Bible, The Gospel According to John, Chapter 10:34

God/Good and the Devil/Evil are raging inside of me. Heaven and Hell are within.

Nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

- Bible, The Gospel According to Luke, Chapter 17:21

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

- Bible, The Book of Jeremiah, Chapter 17:9

Jesus was asked to state the greatest commandment:

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

- Bible, The Gospel According to Matthew, Chapter 22:36-40

God is All and within All... the greatest commandment is to Love All. Love all our fellow humans. Love the flying, swimming, walking, and creeping creatures. Love the beautiful vegetation, flowers, and trees. Love the soil, air, water, and fire. Love the Earth, Sun, and Moon.

The second greatest commandment is to love our neighbors as we love our Self. Because humans are included in God and All, the command to Love our fellow humans is repetitive to stress the great importance of brotherhood amongst mankind.

Thus far, I have observed a reality that is fully interconnected. A reality that is interconnected to such an extent that every single thing only exists because of the existence of every single thing. Every single thing depends upon and originated with every single thing. Every thing effects every thing.

All is One.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

No attack here, but what are you trying to convey..?

You open the thread with a disclaimer and then cite quotes...

And........?!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You agnostic but know of god? isn't that defeating the purpose? agnostics don't recite scripture and say they know who god it

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Who said anything about being Agnostic? I simply said I do not adhere to religion.

Religion: Derived from the Latin religare, meaning "to bind" and "to tie up"

God is self-evident. Do you not know Self?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

If you follow the op from beginning to end, I believe what I am trying to convey is pretty obvious.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

To know God is to be God.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You make perfect sense.

However, you fan the flames of fear and hate within the zealots that take those holy books at face value.

One of the 4 pillars is silence. I personally have taken that stand only to avoid unnecessary violence at the hands of those still asleep. This info will come to them when it is time like it has done for me.

But on the flip side, if no one spoke of such, none would understand.

I hope you have your fire proof suit on, get ready for the flames!!

Peace, Love and Light

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting prognosis and definition, except it's one that isn't entirely new or original. Spinoza's great work The Ethics written over 400 years ago was about his pantheism, and he only needed logic, not scripture, to explain it.

I'n my mind, we've described god so much that the meaning has become ambiguous. Why don't we define it as: "an idea about some great being who we thought—and sometimes still think—created everything", and leave it at that. Let's give other names to other definitions. Let's call yours what it is: everything. Yeah sure, everything is everything, that I can agree with. But to call everything god? For some reason that doesn't sit right with me. God doesn't need to be defined anymore, it's already been done to death, all we have to do is come up with new words to label these new ideas; then we won't get in this continuous battle over semantics.

You say love everything, but I find something despicable in this dogma. Love everything? Love the man who spits poison with every word? Love the man who finds joy in torturing animals? Love the man who enslaves people? This reckless indiscriminate use of love is awful. Why would you love such things? and why would you waste love on everything, when everything isn't deserved of love? Do people do this for piety's sake? or so they can appear virtuous, when all they're really doing is spreading themselves thin? I grow sad seeing love lose value, as it's passed around indiscriminately, too much given to those who do not deserve it and too little given to those who do.

edit on 14-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: forgot an entire word

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

God cannot be defined, god is nameless, any label put on god is wrong.
God is the thing that cannot be seen because God is seeing.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

God cannot be defined, god is nameless, any label put on god is wrong.
God is the thing that cannot be seen because God is seeing.

God cannot be defined, yet you keep saying "God is...". Do you not see the contradiction in this?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What is seen is the illusion, the image.
The seer/knower of the illusion is not an illusion because it cannot be seen.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

God IS.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What the religious searches for as God is actually the Self. They have been taught since they were young that a great being has crafted the universe. The truth is that God or a god may have put the universe in motion but it is now operating on its own. Our power of perception is our only freedom, to view life as either the physical and thus be bound forever to slavery or to choose the immaterial soul as our true selves and be liberated from matter.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Come on, here I'll give you proof that god can be defined: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority. There we go, god is defined. From now on, anything that isn't that definition, isn't god.

That is how wars are diverted.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth The named is the mother of myriad things
Thus, constantly free of desire One observes its wonders Constantly filled with desire One observes its manifestations These two emerge together but differ in name The unity is said to be the mystery Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

Everyone tries to explain.

You can only see it / sense it.

Some people can relate but not state.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

God is all seeing, all knowing and always present.
He is the knower of all 'things', including words and thoughts and emotion. Without the presence how could any thing appear?

I use the word defined as in you cannot draw a line, a border.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I know the concepts are not new. Although some will be quick to shout "New Age," these concepts are present in the esoteric traditions of Jewish Kabbalah, Christian Gnosticism, Sufi Islam, Buddhism, and expressed by gurus, sages, magi, shaman, and mystics throughout the world for centuries.

I simply used scripture as a more comfortable reference for our religious brethren.

When a family member or one you love does something wicked or detestable, does all of your love for them instantly and permanently vanish? Would you rather love, understand, and help them to cause less suffering to themselves and the world? The story of The Prodigal Son comes to mind. This same consideration I show to Self and family, I also bestow upon all of my fellow humans.

Does this mean I open myself to naivety or waste of Love energy? No, not at all. We must seek honest observation and understanding of our fellow humans. I love the Sun, but I know it can burn me with prolonged exposure. I love bubble bees, but I know they can sting me. I feel that the key is understanding, not blind trust.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yet you bring war here.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

God is all seeing, all knowing and always present.
He is the knower of all 'things', including words and thoughts and emotion. Without the presence how could any thing appear?

I use the word defined as in you cannot draw a line, a border.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I see what you mean, he has no finite boundary to you. The idea of God, is all-seeing, all knowing and always present, and will remain such things in most peoples minds. That we can agree on. But, it is still just an idea.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yet you bring war here.

Nope, I bring love and concern.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join