It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages to the Builders in Symbol - The End is at Hand - REPENT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

If your god wanted me to live with him, why doesn't he just let me live with him?

There are about 30 angles for that, but here is a practical one.

How would you feel if your sworn enemy knocked on your door and said:

Him: "I'm moving in to live with you for the rest of my life."

You: "No you're not, I have no relationship with you whatsoever, and you're my worst enemy."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
There are about 30 angles for that, but here is a practical one.

How would you feel if your sworn enemy knocked on your door and said:

Him: "I'm moving in to live with you for the rest of my life."

You: "No you're not, I have no relationship with you whatsoever, and you're my worst enemy."
Depends, do I love my enemy unconditionally? Also, I'm not omnipotent, nor am I omniscient. I'm just a mere human being. Nor did I send myself to die for my enemy so that he might live with me.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Sure, I was no true Scotsman. Not a true christian, in other words. That's fine.

No dice. Christ said many who played Christian and never had a personal relationship with Him would hear the worst words uttered by God in humanity's history:

"I NEVER knew you, depart from me..."

"Knew" is the root "gnosis" in the Greek which means a deep personal intimate relationship. Mary uses the same word when she says "But I have never "known" a man..."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

No dice. Christ said many who played Christian and never had a personal relationship with Him would hear the worst words uttered by God in humanity's history:

"I NEVER knew you, depart from me..."

"Knew" is the root "gnosis" in the Greek which means a deep personal intimate relationship. Mary uses the same word when she says "But I have never "known" a man..."
Yeah, I get it. All the time I spent in tears seeking this god and getting nothing back is my fault. It's ok. I will get what I deserve. It is just. I am garbage, and I will be burned like it....forever...It all makes perfect sense.

Again, I accept my fate if your god is real. Once again, it is a just punishment...to be tortured forever because I can't muster the faith to believe. Don't you agree? If so, what's the problem?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Depends, do I love my enemy unconditionally? Also, I'm not omnipotent, nor am I omniscient. I'm just a mere human being. Nor did I send myself to die for my enemy so that he might live with me.

And that's the problem, we are human, we are not Just, we are not righteous and Holy. God is. Sin cannot be in His presence. Socrates writing to Plato understood this dilemma of a Holy and Just God forgiving sins without penalty:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins, but I do not see how."

The second God gives a wink and nod to sin He violated perfect Justice and Holiness. He cannot deny Himself.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And that's the problem, we are human, we are not Just, we are not righteous and Holy. God is. Sin cannot be in His presence. Socrates writing to Plato understood this dilemma of a Holy and Just God forgiving sins without penalty:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins, but I do not see how."

The second God gives a wink and nod to sin He violated perfect Justice and Holiness. He cannot deny Himself.
If god can't stand sin in his presence, how does he converse with Satan? P.S. Didn't Jesus sin by committing suicide? Why is he in heaven sitting beside himself?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ah, so all you gotta do is believe and voila all that sin is gone! Magic?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it. All the time I spent in tears seeking this god and getting nothing back is my fault. It's ok. I will get what I deserve. It is just. I am garbage, and I will be burned like it....forever...It all makes perfect sense.

He isn't moved by tears.

We aren't justified by making promises to God, or in heart-felt emotional pleas. It's in placing our trust (Biblical faith) in the promises He has made to us (Abrahamic model) already in His Word.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Ah, so all you gotta do is believe and voila all that sin is gone! Magic?

The sin is gone because Christ paid the price for it, we are forgiven and washed clean when we put or trust in Him and His works.

He gets all the glory.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

He isn't moved by tears.

We aren't justified by making promises to God, or in heart-felt emotional pleas. It's in placing our trust (Biblical faith) in the promises He has made to us (Abrahamic model) already in His Word.

Like I said, it was my fault. I accept it. Let the burning begin. I'm ready for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The sin is gone because Christ paid the price for it, we are forgiven and washed clean when we put or trust in Him and His works.

He gets all the glory.
So, it takes me putting my trust in him for it to work? As long as I don't do that, I burn? Looks like I'm gonna burn.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

If god can't stand sin in his presence, how does he converse with Satan? P.S. Didn't Jesus sin by committing suicide? Why is he in heaven sitting beside himself?

He allowed the devil to have Him killed. It was a suicide mission, He didn't nail Himself to the cross. Hylel (Lucifer) had his cherub ass tossed out remember?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

He isn't moved by tears.

Like I said, it was my fault. I accept it. Let the burning begin. I'm ready for it.

You know not what you ask. Big man now, you won't say that down there. The horror of Hell isn't the flames, it's the mental capacity to grasp eternity without a shred of hope. The only thing that kept POWs alive 1 more day in Vietnam was that the jailers could never take their hope away.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

He allowed the devil to have Him killed. It was a suicide mission, He didn't nail Himself to the cross. Hylel (Lucifer) had his cherub ass tossed out remember?
No, that's not what I'm talking about. Satan and god had a nice conversation over Job. Satan was in the presence of god, and apparently he also goes to god and accuses the brethren. How does he do this if sin can't be in god's presence? Plus, I thought god was everywhere....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You know not what you ask. Big man now, you won't say that down there. The horror of Hell isn't the flames, it's the mental capacity to grasp eternity without a shred of hope. The only thing that kept POWs alive 1 more day in Vietnam was the tortures could never take their hope away.
Big man? Nah. But, I won't put my trust in something that does not seem to exist in my reality. But if it does turn out to exist, I will get what I deserve. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to start believing in some god because I'm scared of what might happen if I don't.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No, that's not what I'm talking about. Satan and god had a nice conversation over Job. Satan was in the presence of god, and apparently he also goes to god and accuses the brethren. How does he do this if sin can't be in god's presence? Plus, I thought god was everywhere..

Okay, this gets into the Systematic Theological concept of Angelology, but a brief tutorial:

Angels are made of light and fire. (Don't ask, I don't understand this concept myself), but what make a sinful person unable to stand in His presence is the flesh with sin in it immediately burns up and is consumed. Angels cannot perish.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Big man? Nah. But, I won't put my trust in something that does not seem to exist in my reality. But if it does turn out to exist, I will get what I deserve. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to start believing in some god because I'm scared of what might happen if I don't.

I can't say I don't relate to you, I came from the same position.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Angels are made of light and fire. (Don't ask, I don't understand this concept myself), but what make a sinful person unable to stand in His presence is the flesh with sin in it immediately burns up and is consumed. Angels cannot perish.
But when we die, we're spirit, not flesh. Right? Our flesh is laying in a coffin six feet under, or cremated, or whatever.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I can't say I don't relate to you, I came from the same position.
Okay, that's cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Okay, this gets into the Systematic Theological concept of Angelology, but a brief tutorial:

Are you saying that Satan has no sin? That's why he can exist in god's presence? Or that Satan has sin, but can also exist in god's presence, but since he's an angel he can't perish??? What about a spirit person, would they perish?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join