It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages to the Builders in Symbol - The End is at Hand - REPENT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

As an afterthought to all,

I only want to know the truth of the whole matter. Whether it turns out to be aliens(insert Giorgio) or Jesus I only want to be on the side of good, if I must perish fighting for right, so be it (I would rather not, I'm not suicidal). I do love my neighbors, I definitely don't understand them sometimes (looks to the left and right) but hey (just how does one convince another that strapping a bomb to himself is the will of god? I mean, that ain't saying much about your god, if that is the only way to get things done wow people are crazy) I would digress but i have nothing more to add well maybe yeah

I have put faith in Him(The Creator) and not sure where I stand, but through all my troubles and times on this rock, I haven't went hungry or suffered too much and I say thanks to Him though not sure if I know His name.

BRAVO!! Wish I could do more than star and quote you.
I am completely in agreement with you.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by wildtimes

Damnit WT,

Stop asking questions and just repent and drink this kool aid!

NNOOOooooo!!
he he.
morning, dude. Play nice today!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I was referring to this site. People don't come to learn anything from us, they come here to try to make us look like idiots.

It's the same out there face to face. The Spirit told me a while ago it's not our job to convert anyone, it's His. We are to just tell everyone the Good News, He calls those seed to account when He is ready. You are in a period of transition right now, and at those times the natural inclination is to go back to "normal". Like Peter did after the resurrection, he went back to trying to catch fish.

But Christ on the shore asked him. "Do you have any meat?"

And "meat" is to do the will of Him who sent us, AND TO FINISH IT.

Remember His conversation with the woman at the well brother. The one where He turned a whore into an evangelist with 1 conversation.

Do you have your meat yet? Have you FINISHED the work He gave you?

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What happens if I don't repent?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

But I can assure you, not many, if any, come here to be told that they are wrong and need to repent. You can try to make the word repent as innocent and innocuous as you like, but most people know what it means.

Don't show me the English definition of "repent". The Greek word is "metanoeō". Define the Greek word please:

If a person doesn't first change their mind about something, their actions will be changed for a season, but they will revert back to the behavior they feel is "right" in their own head. Changing behavior without first thinking you're wrong and changing your mind is just and exercise in "behavior modification", and any Psychologist will tell you that has no lasting effects on a person.

That's why recidivism rates are so high for felons. They did their time, but never had Biblical repentance. (changed their mind about their actions)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
What happens if I don't repent?

Then you can't be saved. You must change your mind, agree with what God says about your condition and accept His remedy for that condition.

Repent ~ www.blueletterbible.com...

Any change in behavior without first changing your mind to align with God's Word will only have an affect for a season, you'll revert to the way you feel is right in your mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If a person doesn't first change their mind about something, there actions will be changed for a season, but they will revert back to the behavior they feel is "right" in their own head. Changing behavior without first thinking you're wrong and changing your mind is just and exercise in "behavior modification", and any Psychologist will tell you that has no lasting effects on a person.

*raises hand* AHEM....
OI!!! What?
Psychotherapist here!!

It certainly CAN and DOES have lasting effects on a person IF THEY FULLY EMBRACE IT. The trick is that the client has to realize that Thoughts, Feelings, and Actions all affect one another.

Going through the motions is not enough. One has to realize that the roots of the Actions are thoughts and feelings, and in order to change those thoughts and feelings, one must also change the action. The same is true of the others -- all are equally affected by the other two.

It's a difficult process, and it takes a long time...THAT is why most people fail at it. But any person who willingly sticks it out DOES find that their thoughts and feelings change also.

It's called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and it works. The PROBLEM is that most people don't really want to change, unless their lives are so unbearable that their poor coping skills no longer work for them. When a person becomes so despondent that they are literally suffocating in their pain, they can CHOOSE to take different actions.

Wow. I...just......What?? WHAT??!!

wow

How inappropriate. How about you stick to talking about Christ, and let seasoned psychotherapists do the talking for the different types of therapies?
But this is neither the forum nor the thread for such.

Then you can't be saved.

And THIS? Really??
horse hooey.
edit on 15-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Then you can't be saved.
Saved from what exactly?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I know I am butting in here, but Hydroman, I firmly believe you and everyone will eventually reunite with the Divine. If you don't "repent" in this lifetime, you'll try again next time...and the time after that and after that...until you get it.

This 'salvation' nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

NuT means well, and even says he doesn't believe in Hell...but he also has a very narrow view of how things work.

And his sketchy attempt to give "repent" some archaic meaning besides what THE REST OF THE WORLD takes it to mean is lame, in my opinion. If the modern usage and meaning is incorrect for terms of Religious Zeal and Salvation, then change the dang word!!!

"Gay" used to mean happy. You don't see people grasping at that when we discuss homosexuality.

edit on 15-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
I know I am butting in here, but Hydroman, I firmly believe you and everyone will eventually reunite with the Divine. If you don't repent in this lifetime, you'll try again next time...and the time after that and after that...until you get it.
You're not butting in. Anyway, it's fine that you believe what you believe, but it doesn't make it any more true than any other belief.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And his sketchy attempt to give "repent" some archaic meaning besides what THE REST OF THE WORLD takes it to mean is lame, in my opinion.

Explain why please? Why not look at the definition in Greek which is what the NT was written in originally? Should we not define the word that's in the Greek with a Greek definition?

The apostles didn't write in 20th century English Wild. They wrote in Koine Greek.

"Gay" used to mean happy. You don't see people grasping at that when we discuss homosexuality.

Perfect point, glad you mentioned it. So when reading an old English book and a guy asks another man:

"How are you doing this fine day ol chap?"

"I'm quite gay today, how are you?"

Should we define what he meant to say with the English 20th century definition and assume he was hitting on the other man?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It certainly CAN and DOES have lasting effects on a person IF THEY FULLY EMBRACE IT.

And how do they "FULLY" embrace something without changing their mind about it?

Please explain.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Going through the motions is not enough. One has to realize that the roots of the Actions are thoughts and feelings, and in order to change those thoughts and feelings, one must also change the action. The same is true of the others -- all are equally affected by the other two.

And Biblical repentance means that when the thoughts are changed the feelings and behavior are a natural result acted out in practice of the change in thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the End... is only when the true followers of Jesus get their allowance!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy" --------> Biblical concept of repentance!!!!

Thank you so much Wild. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Repent for what.....

Des

Repent means " change your mind". The context here is turn to God, change your mind about Him and what He says about your condition and accept His gift of grace through the blood of the cross.

See your sin and accept Christ.

accept Christ? thanks but no thanks
what a silly idea.

is it okay if i accept "reason" instead?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Then you can't be saved.
Saved from what exactly?
I repeat, saved from what?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Explain why please? Why not look at the definition in Greek which is what the NT was written in originally? Should we not define the word that's in the Greek with a Greek definition?

The apostles didn't write in 20th century English Wild. They wrote in Koine Greek.

That's exactly the point! You're trying to use the word "repent" and referring to the meaning of it in that archaic language, when it needs to be 'reinterpreted' for modern usage.....
so.....
if you want people to "change their minds" instead of groveling for forgiveness for known or unknown sins...you need to use a different word.
Like, 'be sorry', or 'admit you're a dick', or, 'claim that you suck', or 'declare that you are an abject failure'......that sort of meaning.
Because that's what you mean when you (and others) say "REPENT"!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And Biblical repentance means that when the thoughts are changed the feelings and behavior are a natural result acted out in practice of the change in thought.

So why are you trying to discredit 'behavior modification' if it starts with changing the behavior in order to change the thoughts and feelings?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

but it doesn't make it any more true than any other belief.

Exactly!

No, it doesn't.
None of us really know. I'm just rather annoyed with all of the hell-fire or hopelessness of the 'Christian' fatality....therefore, I freely admit I don't really know, but I'm not condemning people and telling them they 'can't be saved.'
Because they don't know either.....
and it's arrogance and narrow-mindedness that propels them to say things like that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join