It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages to the Builders in Symbol - The End is at Hand - REPENT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magilla

I understand that this is the Religious forum, but why must it be clogged with individuals insisting we repent, and save our souls? I thought this forum was for discussion, not witnessing, testifying and converting?

I thought this too, and at one time, it was a discussion board. In recent times, things have gotten bad in these religious forums. It started with one member, then there were two, then three, then four, and I have lost count now. I know i must be on a lot of "foe" lists in ATS. And the funny thing, being as it takes 20 posts to be able to make a thread, and these people surely post mostly in the Religious threads, you would think that they would read the history lessons, and the true stories of what they thought as myths, they would know better. But no.

"The End is Nigh!, Doom on You!" is all we hear! Sooo tired of hearing that god and christ is the only path to my salvation, and Ima gonna burn if I dont accept the word of an unproven entity that passes judgement on all, decides whose prayer is worthy of answering.

Yeah, been hearing that "End is Nigh" thing all of my rather long life. As a child in church, I was convinced that Jesus was coming in just a few days, and I had better be careful of what I do. It didn't mean anything to me then, and it still doesn't today.

So, let me get this right. All the previous gods were all wrong or false, then suddenly this..judeo,christian, trinity, all powerful, king og gods is the "one" true god?

No, I think the Christian God killed them all off, probably in a terrible battle. In truth, the Old Gods didn't go anywhere, they still await people to believe in them.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I believe you but:

Matthew 7:6

Right. I have always considered this to be true, but in a larger context, truth attracts the the appropriate polarity. There is little reason to believe that the wrong person will read more than a few sentences before bias hits the reply button. A careful study will examine the entire thread and either realize the truth that matches the heart or reject it by its opposite reflection. There are always those who need to see the comparison in the replies to wake the truth that is already there in the heart. His sheep know his voice. I leave it up to the spirit to decide who pays attention and who lacks the eyes to see. My aim is to let the light shine. My only hope is for those who hear the call and answer it. We may never hear from them directly.

One thing we can be sure of here. These words live as long as they are searchable on the internet. The spirit can lead the right eyes here.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

One thing we can be sure of here. These words live as long as they are searchable on the internet. The spirit can lead the right eyes here.

This right here is why i bother posting at all. Always a chance curious eyes will fall on what we typed and someone gets an epiphany. If not for that one thought, that i myself came to a few days ago, i wouldn't bother. Sew those seeds.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

...you would think that they would read the history lessons, and the true stories of what they thought as myths, they would know better. But no.

I see the same story in all the mythology. We see the same story played out in our own mythology of movies. The same story plays to us over and over again. The Christian version that we see unfolding in front of us is the actual event from beginning to end. All other stories are branches of the same. Surly, if you have studied history, you would see this thread as an accurate reflection of the three blind mice.

The origin of the words to the Three blind mice rhyme are based in English history. The 'farmer's wife' refers to the daughter of King Henry VIII, Queen Mary I. Mary was a staunch Catholic and her violent persecution of Protestants led to the nickname of 'Bloody Mary'. The reference to 'farmer's wife' in Three blind mice refers to the massive estates which she, and her husband King Philip of Spain, possessed.

The 'three blind mice' were three noblemen who adhered to the Protestant faith who were convicted of plotting against the Queen - she did not have them dismembered and blinded as inferred in Three blind mice - but she did have them burnt at the stake!
LINK

Maybe we can see the same story with Humpty Dumpty:

Lament as it should be read:

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.

Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.

All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

Maybe we can get the same story from Hitler rising to power. I will agree with you. We do need to examine history and compare. Jesus was exactly correct with the three entities that are corrupting the earth. Bankers, Priests and Masons. The builders of our society fall under these categories if they stand on the wrong side of truth. Some stand on the right side and we should stand with those who choose to honor, defend and protect liberty and freedom.

edit on 14-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2012 by wildtimes because: UGGHHH!!! T&C

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah, been hearing that "End is Nigh" thing all of my rather long life. As a child in church, I was convinced that Jesus was coming in just a few days, and I had better be careful of what I do.

Right??
I have to wonder about the stress these folks live with from sunrise to sunrise....every freaking day is "The End"...
really???
Can we just let that go, and talk about the interesting stuff???

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I don't take candy from strangers and I haven't done anything I need to repent for. I am a good person in my mind body and soul. The end is always near. I don't fear judgement from anyone.

Boy I wonder if all those people praying from the end and for god/aliens/whatever to come and save them ever think maybe whoever you think is coming might be disgusted and a bit miffed mankind has let things get so messed up. Were I god/aliens/whatever I would just shake my head and keep on passing by thinking "what a mess you made it YOU clean it up."

Please can we quit praying for the end and get to fixing things. Do we need a white knight to come riding in to save us. I am so telling whoever might show up that " I so wasn't with these guys. I told them to get the place clean up before you showed up."

As a race can't we put on our big boy pants and quit pointing fingers and calling names and yelling "mommy" (or god/aliens) every time we fall down and skin our knees? Time to grow up and start acting grown up.

There aren't enough arrows on my "I'm with stupid/lazy T shirt." You guys are embarrassing me. Seriously! knock it off already.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

And .... he wasn't talking about people who are disputing the "Biblical" fabrications and who happen to be correct and being persecuted and judged by those who think they know it all....how??

It makes no sense.....he is not saying "you who say thus and such"....
he is saying that those who speak the truth will be reviled...
How does that not apply to those who dispute Doctrine?? Please??
edit on 14-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

By antique, you imply that God changes over time.

PRECISELY!!!
I invite you to read The Evolution of God by Robert Wright...and you can see (if you read it) in a timeline linear sort of fashion how he HAS changed over time. Very much so.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

By antique, you imply that God changes over time.

PRECISELY!!!
I invite you to read The Evolution of God by Robert Wright...and you can see (if you read it) in a timeline linear sort of fashion how he HAS changed over time. Very much so.

Would it be accurate to say that God does not exist on our timeline? Where does this place your theory of an ever-changing God? What we are experiencing as time is the illusion of movement. God, for Him to be infinite and eternal, cannot change with time. Time is finite. God is infinite. There cannot be a finite number of infinite things. There cannot be an infinite number of finite things. God is all there is. We are merely a measure of what is.

How can you reconcile the nature of infinity with your comments?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I believe you but:

Matthew 7:6

You weren't called and ordained to be a pig inspector, you were called to catch men.

Do you have any meat and have you finished yet?

I've only told one human on Earth I wasn't casting any more pearls to him in all my days.

edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by magilla

I understand that this is the Religious forum, but why must it be clogged with individuals insisting we repent.

Repent is a Biblical term for "change your mind", this who website is dedicated to people trying to changes someone's mind about something.

You're straining for gnats.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions.

Wow.
Again, wow.
I'm a scorpiO, but not a scorpiON......

Iason.....seriously?
Just yesterday you were all about 'tolerance and peace', which lasted for about 20 minutes...then you started in again with the condemnation and loud rhetoric.
Dude, I totally respect your story of your revelation...but....really?
Do you NOT understand that everyone has to have that same 'revelation' on their own??

He's quoting scripture.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I thought this too, and at one time, it was a discussion board. In recent times, things have gotten bad in these religious forums. It started with one member, then there were two, then three, then four, and I have lost count now. I know i must be on a lot of "foe" lists in ATS. And the funny thing, being as it takes 20 posts to be able to make a thread, and these people surely post mostly in the Religious threads, you would think that they would read the history lessons, and the true stories of what they thought as myths, they would know better. But no.

Don't be deceptive. You've been here long enough to know they merged BTS with ATS a while back and that's why we're here.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I was referring to this site. People don't come to learn anything from us, they come here to try to make us look like idiots.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by magilla

I understand that this is the Religious forum, but why must it be clogged with individuals insisting we repent.

Repent is a Biblical term for "change your mind", this who website is dedicated to people trying to changes someone's mind about something.

You're straining for gnats.

No. People on ATS are looking for like minded individuals to share off beat topics that aren't being discussed at work or at the dinner table, etc. They aren't necessarily trying to change peoples minds but share, inform and learn.

But I can assure you, not many, if any, come here to be told that they are wrong and need to repent. You can try to make the word repent as innocent and innocuous as you like, but most people know what it means.

REPENT
verb (used without object)
to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of ): He repented after his thoughtless act.
to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.
verb (used with object)
to remember or regard with self-reproach or contrition: to repent one's injustice to another.
to feel sorry for; regret: to repent an imprudent act.

Repentance is a change of thought to correct a wrong and gain forgiveness from a person who is wronged. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God, and resolving to live a more responsible and humane life. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
off topic(slightly) This thread is a perfect example of the atheist mindset. Come on guys, we discuss aliens and reptilians and all manner of creatures somebodies uncles cousins grandpa saw in 1912. Why you can't let others have their discussions without butting in with useless attacks that add nothing to a thread. How about remember this please. You are always PREACHING ACCEPTANCE how about show some. It isn't necessary to flame. Go start a thread on how you don't believe in whatever. thanks

On-topic, A good thread on the Christian beliefs. The main commandment by Jesus was Love your neighbor.

Matthew 22:36-40 NIV

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

As an afterthought to all,

I only want to know the truth of the whole matter. Whether it turns out to be aliens(insert Giorgio) or Jesus I only want to be on the side of good, if I must perish fighting for right, so be it (I would rather not, I'm not suicidal). I do love my neighbors, I definitely don't understand them sometimes (looks to the left and right) but hey (just how does one convince another that strapping a bomb to himself is the will of god? I mean, that ain't saying much about your god, if that is the only way to get things done wow people are crazy) I would digress but i have nothing more to add well maybe yeah

I have put faith in Him(The Creator) and not sure where I stand, but through all my troubles and times on this rock, I haven't went hungry or suffered too much and I say thanks to Him though not sure if I know His name.
edit on 15-4-2012 by rbnhd76 because: not sure how that got bolded..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

How can you reconcile the nature of infinity with your comments?

I am speaking of man's perception of what God is, what he's like, his personality, temperament...
We, as humans, cannot really know what God is....as spirit I believe we can.

So, as humans with an awareness of something Other that can not be fully understand, 'God' has been anthropomorphized, first into a Pantheon made up of males and females with a hierarchy, then turned into a 'man', who has been subject to all the emotions of men: moodiness, wrath, jealousy, mean-spirited bossiness, wanting bloody sacrifices, causing earthquakes and killing hordes wantonly.....and very slowly, VERY slowly, over the millenia (to us: TIME) transformed into something else -- depending on who you ask, he has different characteristics even now.

Because we as a species are trapped in time, so is our collective consciousness.

"Infinity" is also a concept that is difficult to wrap one's head around. I believe it's fine to say God is infinite, and is stable and unchanging. Mankind at large has certainly not seen it that way, however, and is constantly reinventing the story. We all know what water is, what air is, what space is. We can only GUESS what God is.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was referring to this site. People don't come to learn anything from us, they come here to try to make us look like idiots.

Who is 'they', please? If you feel like an idiot, that's your business. I come here to learn. Not only about other's perspectives, but about information. You are unable to prove anything about God (neither am I)...so why not just let people make up their own minds? Perhaps those of you who feel like 'idiots' or 'mocked' are in the wrong room...

this is not the soup-kitchen or homeless shelter or jail. I wouldn't expect people on this website to be interested in hearing "repent" every bloody day. That gets tedious very quickly....and the never-ending barrage of spiritual terrorism gets irksome...we are inured to it now....and saying ad nauseum "the end-times are here!" is, erm, idiotic. When has it NOT been the "end-times"?

Yes, we know you (as a group) have a Bible, and have much of it committed to memory. Marvelous accomplishment. You also have fleshed out this imaginary character. Nice bit of creativity.

Now, how about you read some other books on the same topic? So you can discuss intelligently?
edit on 15-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Damnit WT,

Stop asking questions and just repent and drink this kool aid!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join