It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted Threads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Instead of just deleting threads and promptly throwing them into a black hole never to see a trace of them again, perhaps everyone in the thread could be notified. Maybe even have a discussion amongst mods, or hell anyone, about why this particular thread that has more to do with law enforcement and a 73 year old lady than drugs needs to be immediately removed from the internet as if it never existed?

The way ATS handles its censorship is suspicious. You want "formal", intelligent discussion? Then you need to do things formally yourself.

Embrace Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yeah... wth...

I awoke this morning, before going to work... just to visit ATS and check up on a thread or two, saw that thread and decided to make a comment.

I'm glad I wasted 10 min of my busy morning routine, just to be told that I dont have permission to make a comment.... what gives ATS? And no, it wasn't just some 2 liner... I just love wasting my time!

Move along here people, nothing to see...

Oh so many many ways for me to show you How your dogma has abandoned you...
Never taste of the fruit...

edit on 14-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Welcome to a free site where they don't want to scare away advertisers. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but apparently drugs are not allowed, but a woman microwaving her baby is.
But I don't pay the bills around here...I just help attract the advertisers.

Edit: Prediction:This thread won't last long either.
edit on 14-4-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

ats is kinda like the America of the internet. i see it all too often. ive made a couple that were taken down for the smallest bull# reason. people that dont think we are censored here need to wake up. the best slave is one that doesnt realize he is a slave.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Be a slave no more. Let me know what your free site is called.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm appreciative of the website and all, it's just kind of disrespectful given the members make this site and most all of its content. A website with a reputation for being able to talk about some of the most fringe subjects that preaches "deny ignorance" shouldn't be censoring the users that basically fuel the site and make advertising $ possible.

Come here to talk about anything... oh except:

1) This
2) This
3) This
4) ....

That seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I know why they are doing it, for $ and liability, I still think they should stick by their members and their right to speak instead of conforming to a censorship agenda. We should be able to talk about anything here without fear of being silenced in a manner reminiscent of a government agency trying to erase something as quickly and efficiently as possible. It casts a really suspicious light on ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Be a slave no more. Let me know what your free site is called.

Just look for AGLP......another godlike productions......

Des

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Everybody here seems to hate GLP, I don't see why? It's just another conspiracy website?

I figure people think ATS is a sports team they have to root for or something.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

there is somthing sinister about glp look up tavistock and or jason lucas

link   
reply to post by RSF77

Everybody here seems to hate GLP, I don't see why? It's just another conspiracy website?

It's perhaps one of the worst conspiracy websites anyone could ever hope to come across. Poorly designed, poorly managed and an all round poor effort at finding any truth about any subject. Why people still visit that website I have absolutely no idea.

I don't think anyone here has any real hatred for them just because we choose to post here on ATS as well, I just think the vast majority of us here criticize them simply because we've all seen just how bad a website it really is.

link   

Originally posted by RSF77

for me it
has to do with their name "God Like"
its a little to lofty & highfaluting for my likes

plus ATS has been around a while

take it or leave it

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm 61 years old, female. I enjoy being able to read and interact on ATS without being offended by the foul language on GLP. GLP is more like YT than a conspiracy site, in my humble opinion.

Des

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My fault I guess I got a bit off topic bringing up GLP.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by superman2012

I'm appreciative of the website and all, it's just kind of disrespectful given the members make this site and most all of its content. A website with a reputation for being able to talk about some of the most fringe subjects that preaches "deny ignorance" shouldn't be censoring the users that basically fuel the site and make advertising $ possible.

Come here to talk about anything... oh except:

1) This
2) This
3) This
4) ....

That seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I know why they are doing it, for $ and liability, I still think they should stick by their members and their right to speak instead of conforming to a censorship agenda. We should be able to talk about anything here without fear of being silenced in a manner reminiscent of a government agency trying to erase something as quickly and efficiently as possible. It casts a really suspicious light on ATS.

Trust me, I agree with you. I learned the hard way that you don't argue with them about it and it is easier to just "see it their way" in this thread. I also understand that money makes the world go round, and you will never see a site of this caliber without advertisements on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I visited GLP for the first time a couple of weeks ago i can tell you this i wont be back..The site is so full of foul language and very little constructive threads seems like the mods there don't care ..ATS is a great conspiracy site they keep it clean and i don't miss the drug talk ,,Ive had a few threads thrown into the black hole that were fringe subjects but i just put it behind me and moved on ..peace sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

To be clear: I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but I think that you may be mistaken on this one particular detail.

Instead of just deleting threads and promptly throwing them into a black hole.....
Maybe even have a discussion amongst mods......
I think the Mods actually can do this↑. Whether or not they do? I have no idea, but I think they can.

I just remember reading awhile back, where a Mod had mentioned something about there being some sort of designated Forum, that is specifically for all of the deleted threads. Of course, only the Mods can see it.

It's just probably more of a 'Grey Area', and not necessarily a 'Black Hole'.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
/rant
I come here to look for aliens/UFO stories, conspiracy, earth changes, cool history facts, and on occation philosophy discussions.

What we get is::
1. Threads on G/L marrige for a few weeks. (Just leave these people alone)
2. Christian bashing. We all see the threads. (No hateing on peoples choice of worship. Christian, Pegan, or none)
3. Race bait posts. (This one burns me up the most...STOP THIS MADDNESS)
4. Other obvious troll threads. (These need three strikes and account deleted not banned)

Each one of those examples, people take the descussion too far. The Mods are here for a reason. We as members need to be responsible for our threads, ask ourselves will this thread be good for ATS. We are to deny ignorance, not try to convert someone to one religeon or another, say who they can marry, act like one color is better than the other, and be an all around HATER. People who post these threads SEEM to do it for their own twisted enjoyment. Don't S&F these jerks, you only encourage them. Wake up guys, tell others when they are not being appropriate, and nip these things in the bud to save our ATS!!!!!!!!!
/end rant

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Instead of just deleting threads and promptly throwing them into a black hole never to see a trace of them again, perhaps everyone in the thread could be notified. Maybe even have a discussion amongst mods, or hell anyone, about why this particular thread that has more to do with law enforcement and a 73 year old lady than drugs needs to be immediately removed from the internet as if it never existed?

The way ATS handles its censorship is suspicious. You want "formal", intelligent discussion? Then you need to do things formally yourself.

Embrace Ignorance.

This rant has been made before....and answered each time.

The answer is, the author of the thread is ALWAYS told why a thread is trashed. Threads are trashed for T&C violations....the very T&C that each and everyone of us agreed to abide by when registering.

Staff does discuss the trashing of threads. Unless it is an obvious issue such as a blank or one line opening post, those will be removed immediately.

Maybe everyone should go read the Terms & Conditions of Use as refresher!

And remember, ATS is a private website. You agreed to abide by the T&C. If you do not, your post and/or thread will be removed. Pretty simple!

edit on April 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Enjoy your first deleted/closed thread, OP!

They specifically say somewhere in the T&C "don't talk back to us or we will show you who's boss"

Funny. The exact thing the forums we're intended to bring to the attention of people, such as censorship, they are now promoting amongst themselves and against the users of the forums.

Wasn't like this 4 years ago. I swear. Now anything questioning them is just immediately destroyed.

ATS or candy coated MSM? I'd vote the later as of now, considering all good threads are spammed to crap with disinfo and trolling.

EVERY thread on ATS turns into a debate. There's no community here anymore, only rabid dogs.
edit on 14-4-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join