It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algonquin Communities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am not sure if I posted this thread in the right category.
Anyway, I am wondering if there is any algonquin online community, a bit like this forum. I tried searching for one, but Google only gave results about stupid colleges.
Any idea???
Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I did a quick search for Algonquin chat rooms and found quite a few, not sure if this helps or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

Cool. Any links? URL adress? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you can't find any, you can always start your own?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bradagilah

I need to find algonquins to start a community. It is hard to make a community of 0 persons.
edit on 25-4-2012 by swan001 because: Behold the difference between ''start'' and ''star''.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
From my search it appears like "Algonquin" can refer to an area or a group of Native American tribes and their collective language family.
I assume you are looking for a blog on the tribe or nation.

According to one site the Alqonquins proper are an indigenous people who live in 9 communities in Canada.
The name comes from a bowdlerized French version of a native word for "our allies".
The name the people call themselves is Anishnabe, or original person.
www.bigorrin.org...
They may add "Algonquin" to the native name to refer to the specific group.

Knowing from Native American news sites like The Buffalo Post (see for example buffalopost.net...) that many tribes today prefer names for themselves in their own language, it may be worth looking them up.

Here is an interactive site from the Anishnaabe people, which includes three tribes of the Algonquin language family:
www.anishinaabe.ca...

There's also a site with a blog by Dr. Lynn Gehl, who is Algonquin Anishnaabe kwe, which is fascinating.
www.lynngehl.com...
The blog section is called Black Face Blogging:
www.lynngehl.com...

I'm not sure that's the specific group you are looking for, but I do hope that helps.

Facebook also as an Anishnabe page (Odawa, Ojibwe, Algonquin), although it doesn't seem to have any activity, although the 700 likes imply that there's no shortage of interest.

Searching for Anishnabe gives a fairly large number of results, ranging from music, art and language to environmental issues across divers sites.
The Long Point First Nations is an Algonquin Ashinabeg community of 800 members in Western Quebec, and their site is linked to social media:
anishnabeaki.com...
There's also the Ashinabeg News which is distributed by the Union of Ontario Indians:
www.anishinabek.ca...
edit on 25-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Wow, thank you for the info, I'm goin to check them out.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Cool clip.

Anishnabekwe - Algonquin woman.

Algonquin pow-wow:

Algonquin march and activism for environmental and political self-determination:

edit on 4-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join