It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon lashes Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A strong typhoon pounded Okinawa in southern Japan on Sunday, killing one man and causing a power blackout and cancellation of flights.

Typhoon Meari forced the cancellation of 244 domestic flights in Japan, mainly to Okinawa, affecting 45,000 passengers, Kyodo said.

Ferry services between Okinawa and the Japanese island of Kyushu were cancelled, and about 600 households in Okinawa had a temporary blackout as a result of the typhoon, it said.

The typhoon was moving west-northwest slowly around 110 km (70 miles) north of Okinawa's Miyako Island as of 0900 GMT.

At least 45 people have been killed in Japan.

This is craziness, all these hurricanes, earthquakes, typhoons. I personally think this will be a shift of more, worse things to come. Lets just hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is the typhoon season in Japan....well, actually, there tend to more around the end of August and beginning of September....

Anyway, typhoons are common here.....I wouldn` t worry about it too much.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reuters | 04/09/29
A record eighth typhoon swept through southern Japan on Wednesday, killing at least two people, triggering floods and strong winds that forced the evacuation of tens of thousands. "This is the heaviest rain I've ever had in my life. I can't sleep because I am worried about my house," the Mainichi newspaper quoted a 90-year-old man in Miyagawamura village, in the western prefecture of Mie, as saying.

----

Herald Tribune | 04/09/07
TOKYO Typhoon Songda battered Japan and South Korea on Tuesday, cutting power to millions, injuring more than 200 people and disrupting transportation. The seventh typhoon to strike Japan this season, a record number, Songda

---

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
everyone makes a big deal about the 4 hits for Florida, but Japan is getting slammed twice as much and it's barely news in the western hemisphere.

anyways, this just goes to show there isn't any magical weapon or God sending a message to Florida voters, natural disasters happen all the time, it's only that now they are happening more frequently.

top topics

join