It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Money is the root of all evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just saw a little meme yesterday, and it got me thinking.

The meme said, "If meme is the root of all evil, why do churches beg for it?"

It is rather strange how churches are indeed so focused on money that they seem to forget about what they should really be about.

Actually its a bit sickening.

vvv
edit on 14-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

It is rather strange how churches are indeed so focused on money that they seem to forget about what they should really be about.

vvv

I agree. That's one of the main reasons why I hate Religion, or more specifically, Legalism. It drives people away from Christ, because apparently God needs money right? No. Men need money, and men are corrupt. Men are evil. No where in the Bible does it say you need to tithe to get to Heaven, all one must do is believe in Christ.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well, the church isn't a direct revenue kind of business. It can't maintain itself solely on the power of God.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ego parasitic behaviour is the root of a evil and since the money systmen is a pyramidic power system based on the winner being the best ego parasite it is evil. But if the system was based on another system then the money would only be resources going where they are needed.

But yes some churches that call themselves Christian are in fact Anti-Christian and can even be called true satanic. From my point of view It is better to seek separatly for thruth because it will be found within, until you find a group that holds the highest ideals and really walk the walk and not just show an Illusion on how good they are. If you pay much money for spiritual guidens then you are probably looking in the wrong place.

Some people take money for what they do but not excessive since they have to live also but some who make their living on it do not know more than their fellow man (sometimes even less).

I have been in phsycic readings where the person reading me know less about the other side (have a lesser connection) than me and is only cold reading me. They have a hard time convincing me when my third eye can see thru the "fantasies" they are telling me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

vvv

I agree. That's one of the main reasons why I hate Religion, or more specifically, Legalism. It drives people away from Christ, because apparently God needs money right? No. Men need money, and men are corrupt. Men are evil. No where in the Bible does it say you need to tithe to get to Heaven, all one must do is believe in Christ.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

Or belive in the holy spritit in whatever form you want that sent Jesus or the spirtual knowledge that is in Christianety. I might not call the spirit Christ or Jesus Lord or even god god. But I want it to guide me and love me as I love it and evolve all souls so that they can find their way home.

Thank you for existing soulbrother.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Money isn't the root of all evil.

It's the LOVE of money that's the root of all evil.

It's a misquote.

Money is fine, it's neither evil nor good, it's an inanimate object that cannot be evil or good on it's own merits, its the love or lust for that money that is the root of all evil.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yet, if there were no money, would the problem still persist?

Its a matter of having and not having. It creates an feeling of superiority with those that does have it, they feel they can look down on those who do not.

Its sad how there are "churches" that is so rich, look at Benny Hynn (spelling), the amount of opulance is absurd.
Look at the Vatican with all its gold plating, all the riches, and then look at the starving children in Africa, or any place where money, is lacking.

vvv

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Not sure, however think it is, "the LOVE of money, is the root of all evil," not money, in and of itself!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Again, it's the love or lust for that money that is the root of all evil. One could be rich, but have no love for the money they have and not be evil or do evil things with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Again, it's the love or lust for that money that is the root of all evil. One could be rich, but have no love for the money they have and not be evil or do evil things with it.

You are correct in your quote. The love of money is indeed the roof of all evil.

That even furthers the absurdity of the churches of this world, and their love for money.

vvv

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
One of the many reasons I don't believe in modem religion. God gives us or financial resources, I don't think he would ask for us to give it back.
edit on 14-4-2012 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Excellent point. I've wondered the same thing.

What is the deal with all of the 'Sunday Christians'? I'm talking about the people who sin all week and then go to church on Sunday give a little money attend a service and think god is going to save them.

Abusing the system..........he is watching.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

drives people away from Christ

I think its the christians with their double standards that turn people away from christ, that and christ doesn't seem to answer prayers , just as the amputee who is asking how many prayers to get a limb back?

because apparently God needs money right? No. Men need money

god doesn't need money , but i'm sure if he willed it , you could wake up with a closet full of money to do some philanthropy work no ? Since god won't ever do that for you , i guess we do need the money to do the work regardless no ?

Men are evil. No where in the Bible does it say you need to tithe to get to Heaven, all one must do is believe in Christ.

believe in christ then what ? does that solve the worlds problems ? or just give us a temporary euphoric high , to help us get through our days , with the hope of a reward once we die ? No point :p

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs" 1 Timothy 6:10

Key word is love ,

This is where need and want comes into play. The churchs need the money to operate . The love for money i the wants . Want this want that etc.

Now churchs need the money because god won't help them out. Why not ? Perhaps god is away , or too busy . Devote so much time and effort , and won't even help financially lol

So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"- Ayn

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I had an argument with a christian once when I was trying to explain to him that money is the root of all evil, but he couldn't see it at all. He kept telling it's not the money, it's the sin...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Every 'Christian' who belives in jesus and what he taught should:

Look at their church and the home(s) of their ministers!

If it is bigger, or better than their own,
then they are being deceived and following the wrong teachers.

In heaven you won't be seeing any of those evangelical ministers with their private jets and networks.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

drives people away from Christ

I think its the christians with their double standards that turn people away from christ, that and christ doesn't seem to answer prayers , just as the amputee who is asking how many prayers to get a limb back?

because apparently God needs money right? No. Men need money

god doesn't need money , but i'm sure if he willed it , you could wake up with a closet full of money to do some philanthropy work no ? Since god won't ever do that for you , i guess we do need the money to do the work regardless no ?

Men are evil. No where in the Bible does it say you need to tithe to get to Heaven, all one must do is believe in Christ.

believe in christ then what ? does that solve the worlds problems ? or just give us a temporary euphoric high , to help us get through our days , with the hope of a reward once we die ? No point :p

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs" 1 Timothy 6:10

Key word is love ,

This is where need and want comes into play. The churchs need the money to operate . The love for money i the wants . Want this want that etc.

Now churchs need the money because god won't help them out. Why not ? Perhaps god is away , or too busy . Devote so much time and effort , and won't even help financially lol

So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"- Ayn

God maybe find the churches lacking and are waiting for them to do what is right not preach what their ego think is right. Actions speak louder than words. He has his hands full with souls that are waking up at this moment, the ones that can be awakened. One soul at a time. Why scream and preach when the human with ego wont listen. Better to let the dreaming make their mistakes and pay the price for it so when they are done with playing around with their ego they will really seek and ask for wisdom.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Every 'Christian' who belives in jesus and what he taught should:

Look at their church and the home(s) of their ministers!

If it is bigger, or better than their own,
then they are being deceived and following the wrong teachers.

In heaven you won't be seeing any of those evangelical ministers with their private jets and networks.

Matthew 7 seem to fit this
"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves.
You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit.
A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit.
So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire.
Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions."Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.'
But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

Gotta love humans blindness sometimes to not see its own fault or groups fault and blame others instead

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I suppose the Christin obsession with money stems from their Holy Book:
How many times is money mentioned in the Bible?
110 times in the Old, and New Testament. Although there are many kinds of other forms of money, or types of payments of debt made. One example is King David paying Araunah fifty shekels of silver for the threshing floor and the oxen. You will find this in (2 Samuel 24:24)
In the King James version:
The word money is mentioned 140 times
The word shekels is mentioned 96 times
The word talents is mentioned 51 times
The word shekel is mentioned 43 times
The word talent is mentioned 14 times
The word moneychangers is mentioned 2 times

Faith and Finance: How Religious People Use Their Money

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's about sacrifice. You are supposed tithe, give a certain percent of what you have to God. If you do so, God promises to give it back ten-fold. The reason for this is that with out God we would have nothing, so the least we can do is give 10% of what he's blessed us with back to the church so they can use it spread the word and reach more people.

I've never seen a church beg for money. I've only seen them pass around the offering plate to allow members to tithe.

Leviticus 27:30-34

“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.” These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Double standards? Please explain. Christians are hypocrites no doubt, we're not perfect, but we aim to be better people. If a Christian is preaching about not being so quick to anger, yet you see him get angry, go ahead and feel free to call them out. Their pride will come out then, and if they truly are a Christian, they'll work it out.

Uhh. I suppose. I don't think a real Christian actually cares about material goods like that. Though, if you needed the money, God will provide it. As he did with my family.

Actually, yes. If everyone in the world believed in Christ and followed him, that kinda WOULD solve all of the world's problems. I don't know about any euphoric high.. I mean, I guess if you consider feeling loved is a euphoric high, but that isn't the point. Hope of reward once we die? I don't really care about any reward, I mean, I know I'll get a reward, but I'm giving it back to Jesus anyways.

Key word is love ,

Right, the love of money. And that's where you are wrong. Churches DON'T NEED money to operate. Church is the gathering of the saints. I don't go to the building of church anymore, I go outside my room and talk to my dad and brother about Christ - that is Church. Churches, however, WANT money. That's where you get #ty Churches like Victory Outreach.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join