It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God" didn't put that meal on your table

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

but women use nipples for breast feeding.

That's a secondary purpose. They are primarily used for sexual stimulation. If you don't agree, neglect to ever touch them on your wife and see what she says about that.

Riddle me this:

What came first in the evolutionary process, the protein or the RNA?

edit on 16-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

god is just an invention to give the weak minded hope.

Jesus didn't seem to think he was just an invention to give "weak" people hope. Infact he believed he is Yahweh and hundreds of thousands believed he was too and 2000 years later 2 billion believe him.

Better to live in hope, and die with hope than to live a wasted life with no hope and die in hopelessness. To quote Paul "Better to be a living dog than a dead lion".

Least we have a chance at resurrection but you? You have nothing but eternal death waiting for you. Just the cold empty darkness of death and to be eaten by worms and the memory of you will be forgotten and all that you ever were is lost forever.

Yeah i'd rather live with hope, because hope in Christ gives me strength. He gives me life.
edit on 16-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Adyta

That's a secondary purpose. They are primarily used for sexual stimulation. If you don't agree, neglect to ever touch them on your wife and see what she says about that.

Breastfeeding is a secondary purpose for nipples.... ROFL. That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Next you are going to tell me god gave us hair so we could be stylish.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Jesus didn't seem to think he was just an invention to give "weak" people hope. Infact he believed he is Yahweh and hundreds of thousands believed he was too and 2000 years later 2 billion believe him.

Better to live in hope, and die with hope than to live a wasted life with no hope and die in hopelessness. To quote Paul "Better to be a living dog than a dead lion".

Least we have a chance at resurrection but you? You have nothing but eternal death waiting for you. Just the cold empty darkness of death and to be eaten by worms and the memory of you will be forgotten and all that you ever were is lost forever.

Yeah i'd rather live with hope, because hope in Christ gives me strength. He gives me life.

If your mom told you that you were the son of god for 30+ years, you'd start to believe it too. Jesus is just the first documented case of schizophrenia..

That whole death thing you mentioned is also another reason the whole god theory is bull#. I am to believe that a being that created me and has unconditional love for me will also cast me to hell for an eternity of agony and despair if I don't believe in him? Your "hope" in Jesus is just that... Hope that he and god exist so you can bear the idea that you and everyone you love will die one day. It hurts thinking about our loved ones simply ceasing to exist, so humans cooked up a story to help them cope.

Admit it. Deep down inside of you you know god is just a false hope, and you'll be right there in eternal nothingness with me. We will both be worm food.

Here's a quote for ya;

Can you look around this world and believe in the goodness of a god who rules it? Famine, pestilence, war, disease, and death! They rule this world. Very little hope I assure you, no. If a god of love and life ever did exist, he is long since dead. Someone.... something, rules in his place.

edit on 4/16/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Breastfeeding is a secondary purpose for nipples.... ROFL. That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Next you are going to tell me god gave us hair so we could be stylish.

Unless a woman is breastfeeding the majority of her life, like 98.7% of the time, then yes, it's a secondary function.

If your mom told you that you were the son of god for 30+ years, you'd start to believe it too.

His mother, and brothers James and Judas didn't worship Him as God until after the resurrection. Then James pastored the first Christian church in Jerusalem and went to his death refusing to recant. Jude wrote a book of the NT, and you have to be perfect and rise from the dead for your own mother to worship you as God.

If I stood up and asked if anyone could convict me of sin my family wouldn't remain silent, they would start when I was like 4 years old and begin the laundry list there.

edit on 16-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Riddle me this:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Adyta

Riddle me this:

As a christian you believe in evolution?? I find it strange how you try to use evolution and science now to negate a valid question.

Is that not contradictory?

Nipples are used for breastfeeding. That is their function, sexual stimulation is secondary fuction.

vvv
edit on 16-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

What is the purpose of saying grace? Personally I find it insulting that someone would sit there and thank a mythological being for bringing them food.

The purpose of saying grace, is to give thanks that you have a meal on your table to eat. Others are not so lucky.

How about you thank YOURSELF.

I would like to see, who you will give thanks if you have nothing to eat.

How can someone work their ass off all week and thank God for their food?

You can start thanking God, that you have a work and able to have a meal to your table.

Or worse, come to my house as a guest and proceed to thank God for the meal I put in front of them?

If i have came as a guest to your house, i would say grace quietly, as to not insult you.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

reply to post by Adyta

Riddle me this:

As a christian you believe in evolution?? I find it strange how you try to use evolution and science now to negate a valid question.

I don't believe in Darwinian evolution. God created both protein and RNA at the same time. I want to know which came first in the Evolutionary process (if Evolution is true), the protein or the RNA.

Is that not contradictory?

No, it's called a "reductio ad absurdum" in question form.

Nipples are used for breastfeeding. That is their function, sexual stimulation is secondary fuction.

A woman breastfeeds less than 2% of her adult life. Unless she is constantly preggo and breastfeeding babies it's a secondary function for the nipple.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I don't believe in Darwinian evolution. God created both protein and RNA at the same time. I want to know which came first in the Evolutionary process (if Evolution is true), the protein or the RNA.
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"If evolution is true?"

Your question is based on something you are not sure about. So why does the answer matter to you?

. God created both protein and RNA at the same time.

How do we know what God did or did not create?

It is all based on speculation.

A tap is there to be used when we want water, we open it, and it lets water out. Yet it is constantly there. Same with the nipple, it is there for when it is needed, obviously it is not used the whole time.

vvv

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

That's a "reductio ad absurdum", that means I accept the false premise for arguments sake then reduce it to absurdity to show plainly that the logical conclusion of the false premise results in absurdity. This is basic logic in Philosophy 101 and rational debate.

Google the term.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join