It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's oldest surviving inscription of the Ten Commandments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

There is a fascinating old site some few miles west of a little town called Los Lunas in New Mexico. The site has been known as "Mystery Mountain" by the locals for many years. At the foot of this hill there is an ancient rock inscription.Many scholars now believe that it contains the Ten Commandments, including 3 instances of the Tetragrammaton, inscribed in old Hebrew letters.

Mystery Mountain

all I can say is WOW this is really something interesting

Who Really Discovered America?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
WOW and God has made sure the rock is as clean as the day it was inscribed thousands of years ago.....DUH!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I call fake

The surrounding rock looks discolored by what appears to be moss yet the characters appear clean and fairly new.
If the inscription was 3000 years old there would be less of a difference between the color of the rock and the actual writing.

I hope for Americans sake it is a fake, If its real I reckon it gives the Jews as much right to America as it does Palestine.

How does the name New Israel sound

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've been there. I live about 6 hours away and my aunt lives about 25 miles away.

Here is a much better page about it, as far as the epigraphy and some speculations that might or might not be of interest.

Trust me...it is not moss on that stone...NM is DESERT...this place is dry and the rock itself is rooted down deep in the geography....the rock itself has a patina and the fresh look of the inscription is because it has been rubbed with chalk time and again from what I hear. The rock itself is HARD...I'm not sure what kind of rock but it's not one easily engraved.

Frank Hibben who was a professor at UNM for many years discovered from the local Indians that it was there before they were there; it's always been there in their memory and they've been there a long time and passed down their information for generations. When it was 'discovered' in the 1930's I think it was...there was a lot of mystery about the epigraphy that has since been resolved from other discoveries and knowledge gained of ancient writing and that in itself, more or less, rules out it being a modern creation...the are details about this in that article, I think. I've done a lot of research on it and so I forget where I've read what.

The Jewish people already know of it but don't seem interested....it isn't in Israel and it seems that means everything to them in regard to significance...I don't know...they just don't seem to have much interest so that's a good thing.

join