It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS ever been approached by the FBI,CIA,or NSA for member account information?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
...and if so were warrants ever issued? Has there ever been a "Garry Mckinnnen" type case where memebers "secret identities" were asked for by TPTB?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Why would these Agencies need to? They can easily Hack in without anyone EVER knowing it happened.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
In regards to an oncoing case maybe? For evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
In regards to an oncoing case maybe? For evidence.

Why do you want to know? Just curious.....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Why do you want to know why I want to know? You could be sitting at a fuscion center as we speak...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Undoubtibly.

I wouldnt be supprised if that was the original purpose of this site. If you build it they will come mentality.... if you know what i mean....

Do you really have that much to fear from being known?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Why do you want to know why I want to know? You could be sitting at a fuscion center as we speak...

If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't care that I asked.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

oncoing case

...on-going cases that is, usually aren't at liberty for discussion anyhow, so isn't this moot?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
not true, we are all aware of gary mckinnon and others in the news involved in ongoing cases, julian assange,etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Mods? any moderators on here to address this question?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

That may be, but if ATS owners and/or staff were approached as you've eluded to and account information was requested via a warrant, they would surely not discuss it openly within a thread, even if it were the case.

Privacy and such.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
is that why no staff member has come along to answer the question?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Obviously the owners of the site would have been contacted by said agency - if there was any contact. The owners would typically share this kind of information with the rest of the staff, and they have not to this day. So my guess would be "No". Still the only people that can honestly answer this question are the site owners.

As we all know there has been one or two criminals that were active on ATS at some time (like Loughner), as far as I know there was not as much as a hint of investigation into their ATS accounts.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Spelling and clarity

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

is that why no staff member has come along to answer the question?

It's early morning bro. I'm sure they have better things to do...like sleep.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I didn't know there were active criminals on ATS at any time!!! links por favor?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

meez sitz back and enjoyz the showz from farz awayz butz clozed atz handz

Welcome to ats

p.s. sorry green, i simply couldn't resist. Also on a side not, people who come to ats, do they come here to exchange information ?..yes..Is this site a hub for intellectual discussion comprising of intelligence that often goes unnoticed by the majority..yes. Is this site monitored and administrated by people who we know nothing of...yes.. If you're feeling paranoid just about now, then perhaps its time to switch of the computer ring up several bud's get a bbq going and kick back with some beers and fine company. Life's to short to ponder, "what if" but rather "why not"
edit on 14-4-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

...and would you mind asking said owners when you get a chance, thanks in advance. might make for a pretty cool thread from springer perhaps.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There are several threads on Jared Loughner. And see also Jeff Weise. Many people have dug through their posts and found nothing worth mentioning. We're not proud of it, but then as with anything else in life, ATS cannot be held responsible for what our members do. With quarter of a million members, there are bound to be a few nuts in the mix.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Hey what do you do for work and how much do you make?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

what did they do that was illegal?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join