It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I crash a Website by Accident?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
With all of the new cybersnooping powers, I perhaps suspect that avid information sharing posters are getting tracked. However with being said, I found a great website I had never seen before called www.newdawnmagazine.com

Awesome articles on this site, including UFO's, Ancient Culture, CIA History, etc. I linked it to my FB, and liked it. So I went back to it to read more, and it's not coming up anymore.

It keeps trying to have me do something with Wordpress. I'm not the brightest bulb, but this is one of the pages it has kicked back at me trying to read the site www.newdawnmagazine.com...

Am I just a noob?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Of course you're just a noob, dude!
Kidding.

Nah, I'd just wait a bit and try again. The likelihood you caused that is small, I'd think.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
No bro..it wasnt u...they seem to have installed wordpress wrong/ I can explain this as admin error and lack of knowledge...it wasnt you..

you can see in the bar it directs you to

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

whenever you visit a wordpress site you should never see /wp-admin/install.php

someone installed wordpress wrong on the domain. you can visit almost any wordpress site and add in /wp-admin at the end and access the default admin loging screen. When the admin figures out he needs to delete the install.php file it should be fixed. however atm...that site is vulnerable to an attack,.,,,,

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You can't "crash a website".

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How can you associate you "liking a website on facebook" to a website server "crash" is beyond me...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. I just worry that my laptop that I use has been compromised, to trash other websites. I have no right to be paranoid, but I do like tabloidy information...That truth hidden amongst the mass media...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I clicked "Log in"

On the next screen I clicked the link

Back to New Dawn : The World's Most Unusual Magazine

Took me to the webpage

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Thanks Magus, good 2 know the sites back. It's a good site!

2nd

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Seems like only parts of the website are back up. It seems like the pages linking the articles or about joining the website are gone but that many of the URL's for the articles are still there and so is the main page. Just the stuff inbetween linking them telling what is where has vanished..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think it's funny too that I thought maybe there was a chance that I had done something to crash their website or maybe was the last one to click before overloading their server... Guess not!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

take this off the link.
wp-admin/install.php?step=2

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

take this off the link.
wp-admin/install.php?step=2

I just did and it works. What I think may have happened is you saved a shortcut to your desktop or favorites and that short cut was corrupted. It happens quit often if you are not on the home page of a site when you make the shortcut.

new topics

top topics

join