It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread full of Nooryisms.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm sure we have quite a few Coast to Coast AM fans here on ATS who would enjoy this thread. Some people don't like George Noory as a host, but I've always thought he was pretty good. Not as good as Art Bell, but I still enjoy listening to Noory. Anyways, as we all know, he is renowned for occasionally saying some profoundly foolish things that many listeners refer to as "Nooryisms". I have decided to compile a list of them on here that I have found on various websites. If anyone else has any that aren't in this list, feel free to add them!

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."
(Following a round table discussion on trans-humanism.)

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."
(During a discussion on solar energy.)

"Did you hear today they just found Saturn's 60th moon? I will give you one million dollars of the network's money, James, if you, in the next two minutes, can name all sixty."

George Noory: "Dr. Leir's website is www.alienscalpel.com. Ooh, that's scary sounding! Alien scalpel."
Dr. Roger Leir: "Well, you know me George, I don't try to scare people."
George Noory: "Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?"

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"

"Jim, humanity has always been looking for ways to improve on our suffering and improve on disease, aging and involuntary death..."

"You know, Ray, everytime I think of things in the future, I think of The Jetsons."

"Well before too long we'll all be cyborgs won't we?"

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."

“I should write a book. I've always wanted to write a book. I should write a book about kids who see dead people.”

“I really do believe 2012 is coming. What do you think about that?”

"Well, the group mind experiments I've done on the show have been rather tentative because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.”

George: "It would be great if Saddam just left Iraq, don't you think?"
Hal: "Yes, but he's not going to do that. Like last time, he's going to put his citizens in harm's way, use them as human shields, and wreak destruction on the oil fields."
George: "That's kind of selfish, isn't it?"

"Yeah, March 3rd is a full moon. When our boys go in that'd be the best time, because they'll really need the light to see."
(On the Iraq invasion.)

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

"Just let it go. Don't worry about it. If you screw up, no one will ever know."
(George talking to his board operator during a break when his mic was accidentally left open.)

“I was jumping over chairs and knocking them over with my back feet."
(I have no idea what he could have been talking about, but it sounds absurd.)

"That's got to be the worst luck I've ever heard of... in a very long time."

"Yeah. Pretty scary. But has anyone considered the people that live underground?”
(Referring to the “Sounds From Hell” clip.)

"Did he have.....Lamb Legs?"
(Referring to a half-man, half-animal thing a caller said was chasing her.)

"You know, you sound exactly like Don Johnson."
(Immediately following a lengthy monologue by guest Zeph Daniel.)

“Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?”
(To Michael Cremo, referring to the Sanskrit language.)

“Chucacabra.”
(Mispronunciation of 'Chupacabra'.)

"Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

"You'll know how advanced they are by the amount of graffiti in the tunnels.”
(Referring to the possibility of life on Mars.)

"I've got to ask you something, and this is going to be a very profound question. I want you to think for a moment, if you haven't already, and... oh, I guess you probably already have...”

“Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"I want to go back to the dark ages and find out what the reason was. I think it was an asteroid or a meteor."

"Elderly Thomas Edison was elderly."

"Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial, because... remember Chewbacca?"

"We're not talking about dead people. We're talking about the aliens... of their ghosts!"

"Well, with prophecy you got to see what happens."

"You do something annual every year, don't you?"

"What I do is create an aura of mystery."
(He meant to say 'air' of mystery.)

"Sometimes I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader."

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"
edit on 14-4-2012 by Xaphan because: Formatting problem.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow...

Thanks for the laugh man!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Does anyone here actually listen to C2C?

I guess not, or else you'd get more s & f.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I think quite a few people do yes. Most people in North America won't see this thread until tomorrow morning I imagine. It's already fairly late.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Coast to Coast AM (C2C) is an entertainment program. In fact, it is the highest-rated nighttime radio show for (at least) North America. The reason it is the rated so highly is that they dare to discuss topics NOT TALKED ABOUT ELSEWHERE. You will hear discussions on C2C that you will not hear anywhere else. Or, if you do hear about them on mainstream media (MSM), it will be at a later date.

Your list of quotes is funny, taken out of context. Heck, some are funny no matter what. Do realize, everyone, that this poster has taken the worst of misspokens and compiled them into a single list. Do realize that the meat of the show is not confined to the hilarity of the quotes. There is a LOT of good discussion, VALID discussion on C2C.

Guest such as Michio Kaku have gotten their *starts* on C2C. Many reputable and well-spoken scientists, researchers and authors have been interviewed on the show.

The list of BLOOPERS provided in this OP are nothing more than missteps on C2C. The OP has taken the bloopers and massed them in an attempt to discredit a show that actually provides much merit to topics not covered by MSM.

People in power employ people who will ridicule the truth when it is presented. They want to keep the "masses" stupid and unimaginative. They will tell you that the "simplest explanation is true" and to "keep it simple STUPID." Sure. Buy into that and let go of your free will and critical thinking skills. Let them take care of you and tell you what is right and wrong.

If you found this OP hilarious, then why don't you give C2C a listen and "C" what is really going on in our world from people who think OUTSIDE THE BOX?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

1. Yes, they do. It's the highest rated nighttime radio show.
2. No, the OP won't get more stars/flags because he/she has taken bloopers of C2C, listed them out of context in order to discredit the host and the show.
3. C2C talks about subjects TPTB (the powers that be) don't want you to THINK ABOUT.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Your list of quotes is funny, taken out of context. Heck, some are funny no matter what. Do realize, everyone, that this poster has taken the worst of misspokens and compiled them into a single list. Do realize that the meat of the show is not confined to the hilarity of the quotes. There is a LOT of good discussion, VALID discussion on C2C.

Guest such as Michio Kaku have gotten their *starts* on C2C. Many reputable and well-spoken scientists, researchers and authors have been interviewed on the show.

The list of BLOOPERS provided in this OP are nothing more than missteps on C2C. The OP has taken the bloopers and massed them in an attempt to discredit a show that actually provides much merit to topics not covered by MSM.

People in power employ people who will ridicule the truth when it is presented. They want to keep the "masses" stupid and unimaginative. They will tell you that the "simplest explanation is true" and to "keep it simple STUPID." Sure. Buy into that and let go of your free will and critical thinking skills. Let them take care of you and tell you what is right and wrong.

2. No, the OP won't get more stars/flags because he/she has taken bloopers of C2C, listed them out of context in order to discredit the host and the show.

Are you mentally ill? What you're implying is that I was "employed" by people in power to ridicule the show. You may not have noticed at the top of my opening post, but I clearly stated that I compiled this list from various websites. I wasn't trying to take anything "out of context". This isn't some kind of smear campaign. It's just humour. We're in a sub-forum that revolves around HUMOUR. Also, if you had read my original post properly, you would have noticed that I stated the fact that I'm a big fan of the show. As a matter of fact, I have been a listener since I was ten years old. You're absolutely right that there are many valid discussions on the show, along with many respectable guests who have a lot of credibility in the various academic fields. That's exactly why I love the show. But to imply that I was paid by the government to smear the show? C'mon man... that's a little psychotic don't you think?

People like you give the rest of us truth seekers a bad name because you take everything too seriously and automatically jump to the conspiracy conclusion if something rubs you the wrong way. I love C2C and have absolutely nothing against George. I think he's a good host who makes some bloopers occasionally, just like anybody would, except his bloopers happen to be funny.

You may want to consider avoiding this sub-forum in the future, as it seems you have an aversion to just relaxing and having a laugh every so often.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

1. Yes, they do. It's the highest rated nighttime radio show.
3. C2C talks about subjects TPTB (the powers that be) don't want you to THINK ABOUT.

1)Big deal. What other radio shows are there are on during the night besides the local variety?
2)I've listened to C2C one too many times to know that the OP is on to something good.
3)Too much BS mixed in with things that should be taken seriously. Really just denigrates what is true and important.

Coast to Coast AM (C2C) is an entertainment program.

And this is what killed the bits of truth in it. The truth is now silly.
edit on 14-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There's many more gems out there, but they seem to be harder to find than I remember.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My favorite Nooryism is when they're talking about the internet. No matter who the guest is or what the topic is, the conversation always goes something like this:

George: "What if the internet shuts down?"
Guest: "Well, it doesn't work like that, George. It's not going to shut down."
George: "But what if it did? I don't think we could survive without it now."
Guest: "Well, it doesn't work like that, George. It's not going to shut down."

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Hahaha. Thanks for the vids satron! Those were great
Here's another compilation video I just found on YouTube. The best one starts at 0:43.

Once again I'd like to stress that I have nothing against Noory. He's always kind and respectful to his guests and callers and he never loses patience with anybody even if they are a total moron, and I admire that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I found some more in another thread on ATS. They were posted by somebody else so I'll give him/her credit by posting it as a quote. Also, something weird occurred to me. That poster in this thread that got so offended... what if that's actually George himself? LOL

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
• "Mind control, what is it about the human brain that makes this happen?"

• "I watched 'The Last Samurai' with Tom Cruise, and ya know what, they were some pretty tough warriors!"

• "Is dehumidified water drinkable?"

• "So, can you explain how Creation evolved?"

• "There are a lot of thirteens involved with numbers."

[In a discussion of electromagnetic pulse associated with nuclear detonations]:
"It's kinda like the little generators we used to put on our bicycle wheels, right?"

• "The United Arab Emirate is talking out both ends of their mouth."

• "In the early days of Mankind, you know, salt was considered a luxury — it was almost considered a spice."

• "Did dinosaurs and humans live together at the same time?"

• "I think our physical bodies are crucial in the growth pattern of our own existence."

• "Incredible claims require incredible efforts."

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Are you mentally ill? What you're implying is that I was "employed" by people in power to ridicule the show. You may not have noticed at the top of my opening post, but I clearly stated that I compiled this list from various websites. I wasn't trying to take anything "out of context". This isn't some kind of smear campaign. It's just humour. We're in a sub-forum that revolves around HUMOUR. Also, if you had read my original post properly, you would have noticed that I stated the fact that I'm a big fan of the show. As a matter of fact, I have been a listener since I was ten years old. You're absolutely right that there are many valid discussions on the show, along with many respectable guests who have a lot of credibility in the various academic fields. That's exactly why I love the show. But to imply that I was paid by the government to smear the show? C'mon man... that's a little psychotic don't you think?

People like you give the rest of us truth seekers a bad name because you take everything too seriously and automatically jump to the conspiracy conclusion if something rubs you the wrong way. I love C2C and have absolutely nothing against George. I think he's a good host who makes some bloopers occasionally, just like anybody would, except his bloopers happen to be funny.

You may want to consider avoiding this sub-forum in the future, as it seems you have an aversion to just relaxing and having a laugh every so often.

Am I mentally ill? I'd like to think not. The fact that I said something that you didn't agree with causes you to ask me if I'm mentall ill says a lot about you. In my remarks not once did I accuse you of anything. Any implications are on your part. Further, i did not accuse you of (or ask you if you are) being mentally ill. That says a lot. People are eventually going to disagree with anyone's (yours, mine, our relatives and friends) point of view in life, and it does not necessitate them being mentally ill or psychotic. For you to jump to those conclusions is wrong. You are telling me to sit back and have a sense of humor, yet you sling mental illness at someone who has a slightly different opinion? Who is truly the one who needs help? Take it easy, sit back and relax and chill.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

In my remarks not once did I accuse you of anything.

Really?

The OP has taken the bloopers and massed them in an attempt to discredit a show that actually provides much merit to topics not covered by MSM.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

In my remarks not once did I accuse you of anything.

Really?

The OP has taken the bloopers and massed them in an attempt to discredit a show that actually provides much merit to topics not covered by MSM.

My apologies. I forgot I'd put that in there. I'm adult enough to admit a mistake. ---On that matter.

Yet, asking if someone is crazy, psychotic, etc. because they disagree with you or have a different opinion is in bad form. You have to get used to different opinions. --Doesn't mean you have to like it, but just realize that the world is not about any ONE of us. It's about all of us.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged, I thought it was very funny.

And if anyone can remember his first show he said that his last show would be on December 21, 2012. Does anyone remember that?

top topics

join