It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British coin shows that the british public serves germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Please mods can you move this to the right topic thank you.

Why does our british 2 pence coins have in german reverse of the coin is the Badge of the Prince of Wales: a plume of ostrich feathers within a coronet, above the German motto ICH DIEN ("I serve"). Why do our british coins have german motto?. And who do the british public serve? The germans maybe

Source

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It could have something to do with this:

The badge has no known connection with the native Princes of Wales. It is thought to have originated with Edward, the Black Prince, the eldest son of Edward III of England. Edward bore (as an alternative to his differenced royal arms) a shield of Sable, three ostrich feathers argent, described as his 'shield for peace': this probably means it was the shield he used for jousting. These arms can be seen several times on his tomb chest in Canterbury Cathedral, alternating with his royal arms. His younger brother, John of Gaunt, used a similar coat on which the ostrich feathers were ermine. According to legend, the Black Prince obtained the arms from the blind John I of Bohemia, against whom he fought in the Battle of Crécy in 1346. After the battle, the prince went to the body of the dead king (whom he admired for his bravery) and took his helmet lined with ostrich feathers. The feathers and the dead king's motto made up the prince's new badge and came to be used by subsequent Princes of Wales. Since a key factor in the English army's defeat of the French was the use of Welsh archers, it may have been Edward's pride in the men of Wales which led him to use a symbol of their victory as his emblem. The motto is German "Ich Dien" (= "I serve"), which is a near-homophone for the Welsh language phrase "Eich Dyn" meaning "Your Man", which would have helped endear the young Black Prince to the Welsh soldiers in particular.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
It could have something to do with this:

The badge has no known connection with the native Princes of Wales. It is thought to have originated with Edward, the Black Prince, the eldest son of Edward III of England. Edward bore (as an alternative to his differenced royal arms) a shield of Sable, three ostrich feathers argent, described as his 'shield for peace': this probably means it was the shield he used for jousting. These arms can be seen several times on his tomb chest in Canterbury Cathedral, alternating with his royal arms. His younger brother, John of Gaunt, used a similar coat on which the ostrich feathers were ermine. According to legend, the Black Prince obtained the arms from the blind John I of Bohemia, against whom he fought in the Battle of Crécy in 1346. After the battle, the prince went to the body of the dead king (whom he admired for his bravery) and took his helmet lined with ostrich feathers. The feathers and the dead king's motto made up the prince's new badge and came to be used by subsequent Princes of Wales. Since a key factor in the English army's defeat of the French was the use of Welsh archers, it may have been Edward's pride in the men of Wales which led him to use a symbol of their victory as his emblem. The motto is German "Ich Dien" (= "I serve"), which is a near-homophone for the Welsh language phrase "Eich Dyn" meaning "Your Man", which would have helped endear the young Black Prince to the Welsh soldiers in particular.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

No it's because the royal family are german blood-line and Ich Dien in welsh is Gweinyddaf

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

The nazis are every where,ya just have to look closely and not get caught
...Our penny's are gone soon,up to the nickle.I think your old bag thats on our fiat currency is a nazi

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thought it was the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha & they changed the name to Windsor in 1917 to sound English - heard George V could barely speak the English language & was goose steppin all over the place...

"United KingdomEdward VII (1901–1910)
George V (1910–1936, until 1917 when the name was changed and the royal house and family were to be known as Windsor).
Edward VIII (1936)
George VI (1936–1952)
Elizabeth II (1952–)

According to the official website of the British monarchy, however, "the only British monarch of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was King Edward VII, who reigned for nine years. King George V replaced the German-sounding title with the name of Windsor during the First World War. The name Saxe-Coburg-Gotha survived in other European realms, including the former monarchies of Portugal and Bulgaria and in the Belgian royal family until 1920."[5]

If Elizabeth II is succeeded by her child (or a child of one of her sons), the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha will be supplanted patrilineally by the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, a cadet branch of the House of Oldenburg. However, by a 1960 Order in Council, her children also bear the name of Windsor and therefore the reigning dynasty will continue under that name unless changed."

Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

edit on 13-4-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

lol yes it's a shame that nothing is "made in england" anymore it's either french, german, jap

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Thank you for your historical royal family background. You have done some digging I see :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's odd? If you go here:

translate.google.com...

enter Welsh to English and put the words Eich Dyn, the translation is
Your Man. Which incidentally is a homophone of Eich Dien, in Welsh that is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

More like cheap China ...Empire's fall from their apex eventually.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Yes for prince of wales but they are decendents of a german blood-line which that's why its in german not the welsh spelling. Otherwise it'll be in welsh not german. But thank you for your details

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

The royal family are the head of the elites so I don't see them going away anytime soon unless the people revolt

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Not really - i don't really follow royalty being here in the states but do know that freak Prince Charles is running all over Transylvania trying to prove he is descended from Count Dracula...no joke.

"The Prince of Wales's 10-year battle to protect Dracula's home and his yearning for Transylvania"

DRACULA

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh now I see where you were going. Sorry to go off track like that. I honestly thought that the interconnected bloodlines of Europe was common knowledge. I have read so many books on the subject of bloodlines, I just assumed everyone knew this info.

It is amazing how the Royal lineage of all of Europe are intertwined. I have even heard that many American Presidents are related through "blood" to the Monarchies of Europe.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Wow just goes to show that Charles is showing his true colours lol. I knew he was into dark stuff but decendent of Vlad is just creepy

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm also sorry for being defensive lol. In the end we are all from the same decendents or are we lol (Aliens)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Nice Thought isn't it? We Are All Related, Somehow.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Just wish that more people could see that they are killing their decendents. I don't like to see people being hurt makes me upset and the elites like to see us all 99% suffer for their entertainment grrrrr

edit on 4/14/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Many of our Canadian coins have a picture of the Queen stamped on them, and Latin inscriptions, but it means nothing. I doubt that much is meant by the coats of arms or German saying mean much, but I could be wrong. It may just be about a historical tradition, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I would hazard a guess it has more to do with the Royal Family's German connections. Queen Elizabeth's lineage is German, and her husband couldn't even invite his sisters to his own wedding because their husbands were Nazi's.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yep thats right, good find.Your man = eich dyn

Now add to it this. the oath sworn at the investiture of the prince of wales. Wales be a vessel of England , otherwise known of the oath of fealty

I, Charles, Prince of Wales, do become your liege man of life and limb and of earthly worship and faith and truth I will bear unto you to live and die against all manner of folks.

Wikiquote

Note the phrase

Your (liege) man - Eich Dyn = Ich Dien

Interesting

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join