It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Released: FULL Zimmerman Recording. Interesting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
- Zimmerman appears frantic and worried before confrontation

- Martin appears to approaches Zimmerman first.

- Zimmerman only believes Martin to be African American.

- Zimmerman states Martin is "black" after being questioned on identity of person in question.

- Zimmerman did follow Martin after he ran.

- Martin double backs on Zimmerman.

It's evident this happens multiple times a year, unfortauntely, and is only brought up now to possibly divide and conquer you into voting Obama PREDICTED by Andrew B. before he died...

Breitbart specifically singled out Al Sharpton and MSNBC, anticipating that they would cynically use empty "dog whistle" accusations to inflame racial tensions.

In his celebrated address to the Conservative Political Action Conference this past February, Andrew Breitbart predicted that the left and the media would do exactly what they are doing today: concoct false accusations of racism to divide Americans and intimidate opponents of President Barack Obama.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

What a big difference it makes to hear the whole recording.

It does not sound at all how the media was making it out to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I find myself moving from the Undecided Middle Road, towards Team Zimmerman.

This situation is terrible for everyone involved and I doubt there is any outcome that will satisfactory to either side.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
maybe i hear something else but the only time that i hear concern is when he says that he doesnt know where he is. the issue i have with this is that zimmerman was following someone in the neighborhood that they both live in. they do not know each other and since zimmerman was doing his patrol thing then he should have let the kid know that all this would have been prevented. we have a neighborhood watch where i live and before we approach anyone we let them know who we are and why we are asking then questions. and for the ones that do carry we never pull it out before there is reason. you have to think if you were in this kids shoes and this man is following you in his car what would you do? most people would run or the braver among us would approach to see what is going on. natural reaction. i

link   

s&f

was not even aware there was audio available, wouldnt be surprised if Trayvon had a history or provoking 'white' people, is there any though?

sneaky how Obama reminded American public his son would LOOK black too,

but then some of us not sheople, get to LISTEN to what really transpired.

edit on 13-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Staben
Thanks for sharing.

What a big difference it makes to hear the whole recording.

It does not sound at all how the media was making it out to be.

What is to be expected when it was the second, if not the most run story on western news stations, especially the big three, for weeks now it seems.

I sympathize with what happened, but things like this, not to sound mean, seem to be about creating a stir to take away from other pressing stories/events.

Or at least that's the only conclusion I can go come to.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
I find myself moving from the Undecided Middle Road, towards Team Zimmerman.

This situation is terrible for everyone involved and I doubt there is any outcome that will satisfactory to either side.

if there was something edited out before it wasnt much because i have heard 99 percent of that call before. what about the 911 recording that trayvons girlfriend made? has that been released?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It must take a REAL tough guy who has a gun to stalk somebody. BOOM BOOM

*self defense*

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Trayvon's gf called 9/11? where is that available to listen to?

after listening to the following, i am compelled to still blame Zimmerman. put yourself in a teen's shoes being chased down at by a strange man.

shooting an unarmed teen just because he is "not right" and even if agressive and physically assaults you, i don't see why cops don't aim for hands and legs instead of heads and hearts, anyways.

shoot to KILL?

edit on 14-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It is time to leave this to the courts I think, posts like yours only continue the race game I think, serving the purpose of dividing us, for instance, some of the "facts" you present are not facts, only speculation at this time. Maybe when the trial is over, some of the merits of the trial and facts that come out at trial can be discussed and compared here

Just my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wait I was under the impression that the fight was going to be on the phone?

This sounds like a concerned guy calling about a suspicious guy in the neighborhood, with this tape its clearly not racially motivated. Now if their was more that I didn't get to hear, I am still open.

I did find it odd the dispatcher was leading him "Is he hispanic or black?"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

In re: your question why don't cops aim for hands and legs instead of shoot to kill? Because if you just wound them, they WILL come after you. Criminals have to know cops mean it when they shoot. You can't have them thinking, well, he's only going to shoot me in the wrist or ankle. Besides, have you ever tried to hit an arm or leg? Tough targets to hit, easy to miss entirely. You aim for the center, and you're going to bring them down, even if your shot isn't right on. Headshots are difficult, you go for the center. You shoot to kill so they can't do any more damage to you or bystanders.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

The dispatcher was leading him in order to get a better description. "What did he look like" vs "Is he white or black or hispanic" The second one gives you better info to work with. Nobody knows how to describe what someone looks like, but they can answer questions like 'what color is his hair, is he tall or short, fat or skinny, is he a white dude or black, male or female, etc. You have to ask leading questions to get useful answers. Otherwise, your witness draws a complete blank.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cwg100

OK, that makes perfect sense, thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
i don't see why cops don't aim for hands and legs instead of heads and hearts, anyways.

If you shoot to injure, were you really even justified in using your firearm? Probably not...at least in the eyes of the legal system.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How do you figure this was "just released"? This is the one I heard from the very beginning. I know there was an edited version out but I have always heard the full one and it was the first one I ever listened to.

Also, when he is advised "we don't need you to do that," he clearly keeps going. You can hear the air interference in the phone and his voice gets "jumpy" like he's walking fast or jogging as he's talking. Just before that point, you can hear him exiting his vehicle, so he wasn't running back to his vehicle, he was headed away from it.

To me, it's clear intent on Z's part he was going to pursue. The 911 operator asks him if he wants the police to meet him at the mailboxes and Z says to have them call him and he'd tell them where he would be, indicating he didn't know at that time where he would be upon the arrival of the police.

edit on 14-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
People could throw all kinds of stuff, and I am still going to say the following...

Person A pursued person B
Person B either tried to defend themselves or escape - either would be justified.
Person A then shot person B.

Person A is the guilty party. He acted aggressively in pursuing a young man without reason. The young man only has two choices, either run away or confront the person following him.

Given that the youth was not armed, and the man following him was, I seriously don't understand how any sane person can justify this shooting. He chased the kid down FFS.

Imagine you go to visit a friend in such a neighborhood, and some random guy starts following you. What would your reaction be exactly?
Let me guess, all those who defend Zimmerman are gonna now make up some fantastical utopian dream of how everything would go.

All those who believe that Zimmerman acted unlawfully will agree that they would either run or confront the man following them. And what would the result of that be?

I actually don't believe this was a racially motivated crime. I think an over-zealous wannabe cop took things too far and got jumpy in the face of a (probably) mouthy kid arguing with the strange guy following him.

The REAL racism has been exposed in all of those immediately siding with Zimmerman, even in the face of evidence and common sense. That is what is really disturbing about this entire case. It shows just how inherently racist many Americans are when they immediately jump to the defense of Zimmerman even when it is clear that he was the aggressor.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

He acted aggressively in pursuing a young man without reason. The young man only has two choices, either run away or confront the person following him.

There are ways to confront somebody without becoming an aggressor. That's what the issue is. It not about who followed who, who had a gun or skittles or who had a hoodie. Zimmerman thought/felt HIS life was in danger at the point HE used his firearm. It does not matter what I think he should have felt, and it does not matter what what Martin was doing there. What will be argued in court is at the point where Zimmerman shot Martin, was Martin being the aggressor? If so, it's not 2nd murder.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I always thought the law was that you had to fight force with equal force, escalation to more dangerous weapon was illegal. Like if someone is punching you, and then you pull a knife in "self defense" and stab them, you are actually the one that is going to get in trouble. Is this not the case in FL?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by siremike1

The young man trevon did not live in the area, from what the reports say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join