It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Agents Sent Home From Presidential Trip for Alleged Misconduct

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Headline on drudge.

It's crazy, and getting crazier. I thank God every day for my being meek. Seems like power and money bring a lot of problems.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Those guys deserve a break more than any one! You know how much stress you build up on a security detail?

Believe it or not, in other countries hookers are pretty normal. You know the old saying, when in Rome.

Obviously, their superiors do not agree with you.

Their superiors are just as guilty. When I see big news like this, I can't help but say to myself, wow, they are really trying to piss off the american people. Of course, I am proud of us being so versatile and docile, but something is going to break the camels back.

The immoral acts should not upset you, what should upset us is they are spending our tax dollars on these vacations, dinners, getaways, bailouts, and prostitution.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Apparently these guys were advanced team in charge of preparing security, and one of them decided not to pay one of the hookers for her services, which apparently has something to do with how they got caught.

www.nydailynews.com...

Most of the Secret Service agents embroiled in a prostitution scandal brought women back to their Colombia hotel rooms before President Obama arrived in town for an international summit, Rep. Pete King said Saturday.
King said the raunchy rendezvous involved 11 agents and went sour when an agent refused to pay one of the women, who were presumed to be hookers.

“The agent said, ‘I don't owe you anything,’ but gave the woman some money,” said King (R-L.I.),the head of the House Homeland Security Committee, who was briefed on the matter. “I don't know how much, and it was settled right there.”

As it turned out, the agents’ troubles were just beginning. Local cops were called to the hotel in Cartagena and, because the matter involved foreigners, a report was written up and sent to the U.S. Embassy, King said....

The 11 agents were part of an advance team assigned to secure a local hotel before the summit began, yet their attention apparently turned to taking advantage of Colombia’s policy of legal prostitution.
Five American service members were also accused of misconduct stemming from the scandalous incident at the hotel, according to the U.S. military.
They had arranged to have a bunch of prostitutes come by and one of the agents refused to pay a prostitute,” said author Ronald Kessler, one of the leading experts on the Secret Service. “Yes, doubly good judgment there.”

I didn't know prostitution was legal there, but if you're gonna hire a girl, it seems to be a common courtesy to pay her.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh, like the GSA convention did not have hookers.

At least these guys used their own money.

Well, until they file an expense report anyway...

edit on 15-4-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

WTH.

This is just so silly.

So they are only human. Maybe not too bright but human.

In fact, cops are chosen for a certain intellectual range. Higher not necessarily better.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's a good cover-up story that will make the stupid people talk about it for weeks, because all they care about is filthy, useless gossip stories.

I think it's connected with the bombs that were planted there.
edit on 15-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Maybe Obama should require the Secret Service to become eunuchs. Isn't that what kings do?

This is too funny. I can just imagine a pissed off prostitute yelling, "If you don't pay me my money, I'm gonna hit you with this brick."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Oh, ho ho, there were some "unnamed military" in there as well.

Apparently in amongst the dozen SS guys, there were five military guys whom they are not saying anything about. Not the unit, not the rank, not the service, nothing, other than there were five military guys.

So, somewhere, my guess is that five CAG guys are in real trouble. Back to Ft Benning you go. Enjoy being infantry platoon sergeants. I hear Phenix City's really warm this time of year.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I smell a set up.

Funny how those Secret Service individuals, were caught at the same Hotel as the other five Soldiers.

Its obvious this has been planned so these soldiers and these SS officials were caught out. Now they will have to face their wife's if they are married or their fiancées.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

the regular detail of secret service men were moved away from Dallas, for some weird reason....the day before JFK was murdered, too.....I'm just sayin.....I smelled a BIG rat, the minute I heard this....anybody else????

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Not the hard core dedicated service I know. I think these guys have just had it with Obama and made it well known.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I find it interesting that now they are saying it was 11 agents not 12, just like how the afghanistan massacre was 16 now its 17. And it happened on friday the 13.

11 agents on the 13th. Occult numbers.

Was it a planned bust?
Is the best of the best becoming the worst of the worst? And what does this say about the services other job, counter-counterfeiting?
Is this merely strange irony that during a drug convention agents also had a prostitution problem.

The secret service went all charlie sheen.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It might very well have been a assasination attempt.
I came across this story from Veterans Today.

Was Presidential Detail Penetrated by an Assassin?
by Gordon Duff, Senior Editor

Cartagena, Colombia (VT) The story, one a child wouldn’t believe, is that our Secret Service and Army advance teams, those that arrange for presidential security, were arrested for failing to pay one or more whores for “services rendered.”

The real deal is very probably this:

At least one of the members of the presidential detail is suspected of working with foreign nationals to arrange the assassination of President Obama.

Full Story

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

You beat me to it.
Anyway, I wonder if the whole prostitute thing isn't just a cover story. Feels like something fishy is going on.

I agree.. Sounds like maybe OBAMA likes it in the OBUMMA !! lol

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Cartagena, Colombia (VT) The story, one a child wouldn’t believe, is that our Secret Service and Army advance teams, those that arrange for presidential security, were arrested for failing to pay one or more whores for “services rendered.”

At least one of the members of the presidential detail is suspected of working with foreign nationals to arrange the assassination of President Obama.

Full Story

This is heavy. I'm busy at the moment so I'm going to post very quickly.

I was reading through this thread looking to see if anyone else made the connection. My buddy and I just discussed this idea over lunch.

My take is this: There is NO WAY anyone would EVER bat an eye if some administration, SS or Mil personnel used a hooker in a setting like that. My assumption is that they're all diddling each other in the white house anyway.

Also if someone messed up and ticked off a hooker or the pimp and/or caused an "incident" it would be swept under the rug and maybe he would be reassigned after the mission or maybe that one person would be sent home. Whatever.

There is NO WAY all this would be going on at this scale with that many people sent home.

It is VERY likely in my opinion that the hooker story is a cover meant to humiliate those involved (why not pedo??) and that it was indeed a coup attempt.

S+F!!
edit on 17-4-2012 by djmarcone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Full Story

Interesting theory.

I have an old friend from high school who was a Secret Service Agent, and his background check was extensive, they talked to everybody. And I know that "honeypot" traps are a big concern for any protective detail, so he may be on to something.

Secret Service presidential protection is the big time of law enforcement, it doesn't get any higher. I have a hard time believing these guys would be that dumb.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Isn't this the kind of thing going on with Kennedy's Secret Service team that night before in Dallas? Perhaps a tragedy narrowly averted for Obama??

This is extremely serious.

I think it could be that the President caught a very lucky break here when this situation, which cannot possibly be an isolated incident, was brought to light. I'm very surprised that he has expressed continuing confidence in the head of the Secret Service. Personally, I would hate to be in Obama's shoes, surrounded as he is by untrustworthy people.

We know who was suspended and sent home but do we know who knew about these sorts of goings on and kept it to themselves?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
In the immediate aftermath of the assassination of President Kennedy, what did the public know?

They were very suspicious and fearful but the authorities fed them a story that was grotesque but believable.

The President had been shot by a lone nut in a city known to be the home of right wing extremists hostile to him. The assassin was a local crackpot with vague connections to a fringe group sympathetic to communist Cuba. (left wing) They were told that after shooting the President the assassin had had an altercation with a local police officer and had killed him too. (Anti-authoritarian.) Within a day or two it was revealed that the assassin was a known defector who had lived in the Soviet Union for a couple of years and had a Russian wife. (A left winger, disloyal to the country.) Subsequently they were told that the assassin was suspected of having taken a shot at a right wing extremist former Army general in the area. (Left wing, serial assassin.)

The public were not told of any of the arrested man's connections to the CIA, the FBI, the Office of Naval Intelligence, the Mafia or to Jack Ruby, the mafioso who would shoot him on the day following the assassination of the President. They were not told about Secret Service officers carousing at the Mafia run Carousel Club, a local strip joint.

What the public was left with is a belief that a left wing lunatic had shot the President in a city that was full of right wing lunatics who wanted the President dead. Go figure.

Well, a lot of people did go figure and realized that the arrowhead should be on the other end of the vector and that the evidence actually pointed to a right wing conspiracy to murder the President.

Let's look at the situation in Colombia.

What do we know for sure? Prostitutes were involved with the President's Secret Service protection detail. This also means that an echelon of supervision is also connected to this situation both through the prostitutes and through the Secret Service itself.

Who controls prostitutes in Bogota? Pimps operating with the tacit approval of the Police/Military/Government. It appears as if someone in the Police/Military/Government of Colombia was attempting to compromise the security of the President for purposes of assassinating him. That is the only reason to compromise the security of the President.

Who controls the Secret Service? The Department of the Treasury. Would the Department of the Treasury or any person or agency within the US government have an interest in assassinating the President? Does the Department of the Treasury have any interests in common with the Police/Military/Government in Colombia that would be furthered by the assassination of the President?

What about FARC, the largest group of narco traffickers in Colombia? Do they have financial interests in common with the Treasury Department that would be furthered by the assassination of the President?

Suppose the assassination had taken place and the assassin turned out to be a "lone nut" Venezuelan? Would that be enough to upset the relationship between Venezuela and Colombia, a relationship that is relatively calm now, but which had been tense traditionally?

Look, I like the President. He's a nice guy who is trying to do some good in the world while sitting at the wheel of a vessel that he really doesn't control. I believe, though, that he is a "purpose built" President. His purpose was to destabilize Africa. He did that.

There are numerous reasons to want him out of office, if you are looking forward to the next electoral campaign (the birther issue being one) and numerous people of all political stripes who would like to see the end of him.

Has someone with a particular interest in matters South American decided that getting rid of Obama in that region would serve a more useful purpose than getting rid of him in Watts, for example?

Someone over at the White House will be thinking of these things, long and hard.

Is someone sending Obama a message? "Don't run for office again. It won't turn out well, if you do."
edit on 18-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Have you ever been at a fireworks display where they are getting ready to light some big rocket or roman candle and the guy lights the fuse and runs back and everyone shrinks back a little, bracing for the outburst, . . . but the thing fizzles?

Is that what happened in Colombia?

Colombia, as we all know, is a very dangerous place.

Carlos Lehder, the former associate of Pablo Escobar, once promised to pay off the Colombian national debt in exchange for what . . . the government writing off all his parking tickets?

It doesn't matter. Colombia is a narco-state. Is the United States a narco-state? That's not such a stupid question.

And incidentally, where is Carlos Lehder, former candidate for the Colombian presidency, these days? He's not in jail.

Colombia used to be much bigger.

en.wikipedia.org...

The territory of what is now Colombia was originally inhabited by indigenous peoples including the Muisca, Quimbaya, and Tairona. The Spanish arrived in 1499 and initiated a period of conquest and colonization ultimately creating the Viceroyalty of New Granada (comprising modern-day Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, north-western Brazil and Panama), with its capital at Bogotá.[13] Independence from Spain was won in 1819, but by 1830 "Gran Colombia" had collapsed with the secession of Venezuela and Ecuador. What is now Colombia and Panama emerged as the Republic of New Granada. The new nation experimented with federalism as the Granadine Confederation (1858), and then the United States of Colombia (1863), before the Republic of Colombia was finally declared in 1886.[2] Panama seceded in 1903.

Under Hugo Chavez, Colombia and Venezuela have been getting along much better. Just like Muammar Gaddafi and a lot of his old enemies were getting along much better a couple of years ago.

Isn't that an interesting parallel?

I wonder if Colombia would do a deal with their American friends and business associates to help them take over Venezuela and Panama and restore it to an administration in Bogota, or maybe that is too extravagant an idea.

What about a deal to put American troops into Colombia in large numbers to help the Colombian government deal with FARC after the outrageous assassination of . . . ?

Imagine a lot of American troops in position, so close to Venezuela and Panama.

They might not even need to invade.

Is Chavez next on the agenda?
edit on 19-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In my previous post I wondered why smear the agents and soldiers, who may or may not have been plotting a coup, with just using hookers but not with pedo.

So, here's the pedo angle: Link

Article headline: Did Secret Service Agents Have Sex with Minors in Colombia?

The article says they don't know and I am guessing probably have no reason to suspect it but they were just "throwing that out there" because they are "wondering" and if they did have sex with a hooker under 18 years old that was illegal for Americans to do even when overseas....

This whole case still smells funny because it just doesn't make sense. This kind of thing has to have been going on for years, why bust them now?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join