It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legacy of US Weapons in Iraq - Infant Mortality and Cancers in Fallujah surpass Hiroshima and Nagasa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Mainstream media in the US are doing their very best to avoid reporting on this horrible legacy. Just as US citizens were kept in the dark for decades about the effects of the atomic bombs in Japan, it appears that the same game is being played today. A quick online search of "Fallujah birth defects" and the majority of references are from abroad (Guardian, Independent, Al Jazeera) or from alternative media sources (CommonDreams, HuffingtonPost) in the US. No CNN, no FOX, no MSNBC, no ABC.... But I did find a very brief article on CBS from Mar 2010 titled: "Docs Blame U.S. Weapons for Fallujah Birth Defects" The flippant use of "Docs" makes it sound less than serious.

There are so many issues around this lack of awareness about what's going on. In particular, not knowing about the horrors of war and its repercussions, US citizens today are either passive about or clamoring for an attack on Iran. And so again there is the potential for even more horrors to be unleashed on innocent "collateral" lives.

This quote alone from the article is beyond shameful: "Iraqi children being born with birth defects has been devasting families for years. A July 2010 study showed that increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the heavily bombarded city of Fallujah surpass those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

Article link: www.commondreams.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Most humans follow the mantra of "out of sight, out of mind".

Getting this victims the attention they deserve is dang near impossible; that's without considering how much the US/NATO have tried to keep this subject quiet.

My thoughts are with all those in need around the world; in need of food, in need of shelter, in need of love, those in trauma, and in hell.

All I can think is that DU is f****** disgusting ammunition.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Agreed!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I served in Operation Phantom Fury in Fallujah in November of 2004. I can tell you it was a nasty bit of buisness. I can also tell you that it is not just the Iraqi people who are sick because of that battle. Myself and many people that served there as well are sick and a good number of my friends have had children with serious health issues. The government does not even fully state to us the full uses and dangers of DU. The only thing we ever new that used it was Tanks but who knows. It is shamefull that they even use the stuff, especially against an enemy that is not superior to us. DU is meant for penatrating enemy armor, not buildings and houses.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Vietnam anybody?

Everywhere that huge conflict breaks out will these sorts of things happen. Using stuff like Agent Orange, depleted uranium etc;

It's super sad. Afghanistan & Iraq and the whole Middle East was so beatiful once. All that world history lost because a couple of dictators wanted to figure out whose stick was bigger.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aCurious1
"Iraqi children being born with birth defects has been devasting families for years. A July 2010 study showed that increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the heavily bombarded city of Fallujah surpass those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

How do they know those defects were not caused by Saddam's chemical weapons factory there?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

It's so hard to reconcile statements by government and even military leaders about how much they "support the troops," and then to find that instead, troops and veterans seem almost to be disposable. It's a terrible thing to say, because the vast majority of senior officers and politicians do indeed want to keep the troops out of harms way. But, then why is DU still used? Why was the anthrax vaccine mandatory? Why were toxic dumps burning right next to troops quarters in Iraq? Why did it take so long for troop transport vehicles to get the armor that they needed? Why was the war in Iraq even fought? Lots of Whys stretching back to the days when soldiers were indeed considered nothing more than cannon fodder...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

How do they know those defects were not caused by Saddam's chemical weapons factory there?

Here's another quote linked from the article: "Other health officials are also starting to focus on possible reasons, chief among them potential chemical or radiation poisonings. Abnormal clusters of infant tumours have also been repeatedly cited in Basra and Najaf – areas that have in the past also been intense battle zones where modern munitions have been heavily used."

So my questions to you, Spoor, is whether Saddam also happened to have chemical weapons factories in Basra and Najaf and in every other city and town and village in Iraq where these massive spikes in abnormalities are happening?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Would tunsgten steel work better at destroying armor? Or covering the bullets like the infamous cop killer bullets. Those sliced through armor like it was not #. Abrams tanks armor is made with DU with a coating of some other things. There is a new material out that can stop 50 cal(regular not AP..Yet) One plate of it 3 inches thick stopped multiple 50 cal rounds. Its really light too. Make tank armor out of that stuff over regular steel or under a steel coat.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They must be giving them poor infants western vaccines at birth now...

The damage and pollution to the land and its inhabitants is unthinkable. Thats some "liberation" for ya.

edit on 14-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is just a by product of the US exporting the thing the thing they do best.

War

Thats the last legacy of this circling the drain Empire.

We do war well.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is also happening in Serbia, Belgrade

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
this is happening covertly wherever USA gains flyover access.

we're talking about several hundreds of TONS of depleted and even enriched Uranium have already been dropped all over Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Libya's water supply. already has exceeded the radiative equivalent of Hiro+Naga by far, indeed.

the goal- GENOCIDE of the Mideast's native population.

yes, depop.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join