It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge To All Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

And narrow is that gate that lead to life, Well, Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. How many people honestly find Christ?

www.adherents.com...

according to this link there are 2.1 billion christians worldwide.. that hardly sounds like 'a narrow gate'.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Read your U2U, I gotta go now!

I can delve deeper into this tomorrow!

Good night, God bless

Amen

S&F for the thread, in the spirit of denying ignorance!
edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So, for 96,000 years god and his angels watch with indifference as all this occurs. Then, around 4,000 years ago, he decides to intervene in barbaric middle east where people are not intelligent and illiterate.

Man has been here for a very long time, but what is not given is the cycles. So, in each of those years there have been different cycles. (Jesus has been been on Earth and risen more than once.) The angels stand back from time to time to let see how far humans can go on there own. Well, you see how that turned out. (World Wars and such)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Jesus has been been on Earth and risen more than once.

I don't recall seeing this in any text... is this your on conclusion or have you read this somewhere?

EDIT: I am going to have to leave this debate for tonight... i will be back on to further this discussion tomorrow. Carry on intelligent debate without me please.
edit on 13-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It doesn't matter man, it's a fact. There are men named Jesus, and they do rise often in many ways. You don't have to see it in a book to know that it's true. If a man with the name of Jesus had taken a seat he would have had to have eventually risen from said seat.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by jhill76

Jesus has been been on Earth and risen more than once.

I don't recall seeing this in any text... is this your on conclusion or have you read this somewhere?

Read no. It is what has happened. Let me explain the cycle part. You can go somewhere on the Earth and dig up some bones that are past 4k years old. This is because man has been here before, for the ultimate test, life. Jesus came during each cycle, to do what he has done this time, to be the ultimate sacrifice.

You won't read about this, because it has no bearing on living life down here, just like the details of heaven are not written here because it would give away too much information.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

This is going to be my last post of the night, then i am gone..

You say it is true because there have been men named jesus.. this is not true because the letter "J" did not exist until the 12th century.. therefore, no one before "Jesus" was named "Jesus", nor was "Jesus" himself named "Jesus"...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Renaming ats from abovetopsecret to Attempt to Save
I have seen SO MANY religious posts everywhere. face book, im mormon on youtube, fliers TAPED WITH DUCT TAPE TO MY DOOR. and its right over the NO SOLICTING SIGN.
edit on 13-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by doomedtoday

This is going to be my last post of the night, then i am gone..

You say it is true because there have been men named jesus.. this is not true because the letter "J" did not exist until the 12th century.. therefore, no one before "Jesus" was named "Jesus", nor was "Jesus" himself named "Jesus"...

Yes, that point is moot. Many have called him different names, than Jesus. Just like many call God different names. But, above, everyone calls him Father.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Signs from God.

He wants you!

Come to him!

Seek him!

Search for truth, and the Truth shall set you free!

Amen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

When Jesus Christ walked the earth,

His disciples called him Yeshua, or Rabboni, teacher, Master or Lord....

You're right, Jesus and Jehova are both modern English renderings of His name, Yeshua or YHVH, Yehova, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, the Great I am,

Good night, God bless you all

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Signs from God.

He wants you!

Come to him!

Seek him!

Search for truth, and the Truth shall set you free!

Amen

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO! i serve my gods and goddesses not made up ones I can see mine.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You've got it twisted though,

The gods and goddesses you serve only exist in your mind, they are no more real than pixies, fairies, tooth fairies, or santa,

The Immortal God exists, and you only exist because He is in you, and you are in Him,

I really want to keep going with this, but I must goto sleep, lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You've got it twisted though,

The gods and goddesses you serve only exist in your mind, they are no more real than pixies, fairies, tooth fairies, or santa,

The Immortal God exists, and you only exist because He is in you, and you are in Him,

I really want to keep going with this, but I must goto sleep, lol.

Can you provide us with anymore proof that your God is more real than another? Why is your God the right God and mine the wrong God? You make a comment such as the one above and do not seem to notice the irony of such a comment. How can you tell someone that their gods only exist in their mind when their gods have no more or less proof to support their existence or lack of, than your very own? Is such a thing not hypocritical, why or why not?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

EDIT: I've helped comfort homosexual Christians in there faith and helped them understand all humans are sexually immoral and deserving of Gods judgement, not just homosexuals, and to learn to live with themselves and seek God and Love...

You "help" comfort homosexuals by telling them that being homosexual is immoral? I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thank "God" that "HE" didn't start interfering any earlier, we might be extinct by now, from all this Christian love. BTW, what's with the two guys in your avatar, what are they up to, hmmm.

edit on 14-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

EDIT: I've helped comfort homosexual Christians in there faith and helped them understand all humans are sexually immoral and deserving of Gods judgement, not just homosexuals, and to learn to live with themselves and seek God and Love...

You "help" comfort homosexuals by telling them that they are immoral? I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thank "God" that "HE" didn't start interfering any earlier, we might be extinct by now, from all this Christian love.

Notice a male who is very feminine. He has a female spirit. The hate for homosexuals is from man, not from above. Many things man is not privy to behind the scenes. What he does not know, he brings in his own ideas from self, not from God.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would very much like to know why, from a hardcore believer's point of view, that me receiving oral sex from my wife is a bad thing? Why is it a sin? If I am in a very foul mood and my spouse performs oral sex on me it can often times lift such a mood and result in me being a much more pleasant and also productive person, why is this such a bad thing?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The hebrew term used for "knowledge" is Da'ath, which can also be translated, Ignorance,

You may want to ask, why did God allow us to become ignorant? Why did he let us close our eyes to Him?

I do not know, for I do not know His ways or His thoughts, it was part of His plan and done for His glory.....

I actually plan to avoid this thread and others like it.
It reaks of so much unintelligent diatribe and rhetoric that attempts to hide behind intellectual debate.
But in this question I will add.
Yah is perfect in all His ways and thoughts.
He is thrice Holy.
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Allmighty.
He cannot even look upon sin and sin cannot even exist in His presence.
Therefor for us to encounter Him in our fallen state we simply die, we vanish.
We were created for love.
Love requires reciprocation for it to be love.
We come to love Him because He first loved us.
If we were to know of sin, i.e. good and evil, we instantly go down the road of sin ending our fellowship with Him.
They, Adam and Eve, were in an innocent state and walked with Him, talked with Him, fellowshipped with Him.
Much the same way you want your 8 year old little girl to remain "ignorant" of sex and all it's beauty and perversions so that you can enjoy her joyfull state while in innocent youth.
The reason why sex is such a big deal is because it is the physical representation of a great spiritual truth in lesson.
It is the representation of the covenant relationship we have with Him.
It is an amazing gift meant to be enjoyed within a covenant relationship between a husband (Christ) and his wife (the church of His believers in Him).
Interesting that the fruit of the tree that they ate thereof was a sexual union with Samael opening their eyes to what lusts of the flesh entailed and thus leading into a now fallen state in our union with Him.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
I would very much like to know why, from a hardcore believer's point of view, that me receiving oral sex from my wife is a bad thing? Why is it a sin? If I am in a very foul mood and my spouse performs oral sex on me it can often times lift such a mood and result in me being a much more pleasant and also productive person, why is this such a bad thing?

Where did you get that this is a bad thing? The only time it is bad, if it is done outside of your wife.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Actually the old dusty book states fairly clearly that oral sex is a sin in the lords eyes... That is where I got the information from. I actually did read the old testament when I was around thirteen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join