It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbra 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sooo... i was very surprised to not find this anywhere on ATS and thought y'all would enjoy and possibly be able to provide some insight here.

My knowledge of all this is very scant but let me surmise what i think i know:

* Late March / early April someone posts some weird clips of a radio station in Africa broadcasting coded messages to speaker.com.
* The 4chan /x/ board picks up on this and starts trying to decode the messages.
* Information on this on the net is very sparse and not well organized, unless my google-fu is failing me and i just can't find it.

Recordings

The best decoding / discussion i have been able to find thus far.

i will not bother linking to the 4chan threads but i am sure y'all can find them. i find the decodings and interpretation above interesting but i'm not so sure they are 100% correct. i feel there is a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings not being explored. Some of the conclusions drawn just seem too obvious for something this strange.

So what does ATS think?

Much Love and a very happy 2012 to all of you!

Edit: Sorry, i guess this is the wrong forum for this, please move if you feel appropriate.
edit on 4/13/12 by soulshn because: meh, i'm not very good at this and i should proofread more.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
i find the decodings and interpretation above interesting but i'm not so sure they are 100% correct. i feel there is a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings not being explored. Some of the conclusions drawn just seem too obvious for something this strange...

For example, everyone seems to be thinking that May 1 is the date for something to happen as it is mentioned repeatedly in the decodings. But as is briefly mentioned in the google docs link: May 1 is also known as Mayday. Which when repeated 3 times, as is done here and especially in radio transmissions, is the international distress call.

Very bizarre.
edit on 4/13/12 by soulshn because: meh

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

i find the decodings and interpretation above interesting but i'm not so sure they are 100% correct. i feel there is a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings not being explored. Some of the conclusions drawn just seem too obvious for something this strange...

For example, everyone seems to be thinking that May 1 is the date for something to happen as it is mentioned repeatedly in the decodings. But as is briefly mentioned in the google docs link: May 1 is also known as Mayday. Which when repeated 3 times, as is done here and especially in radio transmissions, is the international distress call.

Very bizarre.
edit on 4/13/12 by soulshn because: meh

International Workers' Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement and left-wing movements. It commonly sees organized street demonstrations and marches by working people and their labour unions throughout most of the world. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries. It is also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

I heard OWS and anon are calling for a general strike on May 1st.
Maybe it has something to do with that?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

That crossed my mind as well. A lot of 'connections' here for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

i will not bother linking to the 4chan threads but i am sure y'all can find them.

You probably don't want to do this for two reasons:

1. You'll probably get in trouble. 4chan is full of offensive content, and linking to it would probably irritate the mods to say the least.

2. 4chan threads die after a few hours anyways, so the link would just end up redirecting people to a 404 error.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Duly noted. i got a very gentle slap on the wrist earlier for trying to link to one of my r*ddit threads. Turns out it is against the T&C to link to other discussion sites.

Thanks though!

P.s. Your avatar bears a striking resemblance to me.
edit on 4/13/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Some of my favorite excerpts in no particular order:

Q U O T E F O R C E W O R L D T O H I G H E R C O N C I O U S N E S S

WHAT KIND OF STAR DID THEY FIND THE GREAT VOYAGE OCCURRED ON THE EVE OF THE SOLSTICE

SHARE KNOWLEDGE A MASS KNOWLEDGE STOP THEM MAY 1 2012

...TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK T...

FIRE TEAM SIZED ELEMENT CONDUCTING RECON AND SURVEILLANCE IVO OBJ SCHRADER UNKNOWN AFFILIATION LAST SEEN 0115 THIS MORNING KNOWN TO CARRY SOVIET STYLE SMALL ARMS

edit on 4/13/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Transmissions 14 and 15 are now up on the same discussion pad:

Here

MILGRAM WEEPS FOR CAUTIONS NOT HEEDED
THE OSCILLATING EARTH AS WITNESS

Surely a nod to the Milgram 'prison' experiments? But in what context?

Any thoughts?
edit on 4/15/12 by soulshn because: oops

join