It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture imminent! Could be in April 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture. It was invented by failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. Rapture cults (fundamentalist christians mostly) adopted the 'get off easy' theology which isn't even in the bible.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The rapture is when all the religious people are taken from Earth, right? Sweet! I hope it happens soon- then we can get this place back to the happy, peaceful place it was supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And finally sweet Jesus, is bringing us back home.

Love is the only thing that that can save us from the depths of destruction.

God is Love.

~Quyll

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WILAWAI
The rapture is when all the religious people are taken from Earth, right? Sweet! I hope it happens soon- then we can get this place back to the happy, peaceful place it was supposed to be.

One of the main things that makes us human is self-awareness and the ability to think in the abstract. This ability of abstract thought is who we are, what we are and how we got to where we are. To pick up a stone, stick and cord and abstractly think them into a mallet and then shape the stone and attach it to the stick is how we operate in just about everything.

Other animals do have a sense of self-awareness, but so far none can create from abstract thoughts....maybe whales and dolphins have a form of abstract thought, but it might be really limited and they cannot create. Being human, a huge part of our daily life is all about abstractual thinking and religion just happens to be one of them. You can't remove religion, or whatever anyone wants to call it... culture, philosophies, logic, reasoning, synthesis, morals, and so on for it is a part of us and will always be a part of us. They are one and the same, but just with different names.

I guarantee you have your own religion, gods and whatever too or you would not be human.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nope... I'm not falling for it AGAIN!

I get all excited, thinking that finally all the Christian crazies are going be spirited away leaving the rest of us to some peace and quiet, only to have the rug ripped out from under me on the day.

Take your Rapture teasing some place else. You ain't fooling me this time.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

For a sure sign look toward Israel having peace. When Israel has what seems like a lasting peice then you should worry. Several years of peace followed by more violence.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
For a sure sign look toward Israel having peace. When Israel has what seems like a lasting peice then you should worry. Several years of peace followed by more violence.

That's only one interpretation, and certainly not the best. It comes from Futurism, which is Roman Catholic Counter Reformation propaganda:

Francisco Ribera (1537–1591) was a Spanish Jesuit theologian
In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation), Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy because of the Reformation cry stating that "the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist." (Martin Luther, Aug. 18, 1520). Then, he proposed, the Antichrist, a single individual, would:
Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.
Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.
Abolish the Christian religion.
Deny Jesus Christ.
Be received by the Jews.
Pretend to be God.
Kill the two witnesses of God.
Conquer the world.

That interpretation is based on this verse:

Daniel 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the middle of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured on the desolate.

Where they interpret “He” to be the Antichrist.
...BUT...
Is it actually the Antichrist that it is referring too?
Lets look at the previous verse:

Daniel 9:26
And after three score and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined.

Ends up that the verse is about Christ confirming a covenant with the people of Israel and his actions taking away the Jewish Sacrifice.
...What!?!
Why would he do that?

Matthew 27:51
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Because Christ confirmed Gods Covenant to Israel that he would come as the Messiah, and die for the forgiveness of our sins. That renders any lesser animal sacrifice by the Jews, also for forgiveness, as null and void. Why would God want animals still sacrificed for sin after his son died to defeat sin for all man?

Now the bigger question is “why would some protestant churches accept Jesuit teaching that denies the power of Gods sacrifice on the cross for forgiveness”...
Well, that's a story for another post.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No~!~
Just No~!~
Next..........................

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

I feel your pain.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sitting here on a cool Saturday night, Listening to ATS live, with some crushed ice, fresh limes, Triple-Sec and a great bottle of El Jemidor. Now that is more rapture than a northern boy deserves. Good luck with your death wishes.
edit on 14-4-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You make a very good point. When I refer to "religious people" I have the extremists and fundamentalists in mind. For the most part- they are the ones who think of themselves as religious. Most others consider themselves to be spiritual or just people. At any rate- I was simply repeating the suggestion that if the extremist and fundamentalist religious people were to be removed, that this planet would find most of the violence, hatred and war gone with them. It was all in good fun. But the point you make is very valid- and in fact, in the book I wrote, I have suggested that what makes the sacred texts of the world sacred isn't the answers they provide, but it's the search for those answers that is sacred. And only humanity has the capability of searching for those answers. I also talk about the difference between animal awareness- I am, and human awareness- I am (qualified). I like what you said alot. You should check out my bookpage on facebook- facebook.com/wilawai, as you might like some of the things I have written. At any event, I would love to hear more of what you have to say. Happy day to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
supposedly only 144,000 get taken up. What do you suppose your chances are?
It is maddening that people still believe in this nonsense. Humanity still has a lot of growing up to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Rapture. Pish Posh. Ain't gonna happen, friend. Want to know who started it? Are you into Darbyism?

The Rapture doctrine, which was the invention of the Plymouth Brethren led by John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), has today been adopted by most Baptist, Pentecostals, Assemblies of God, and a variety of other fundamentalist sects. The idea that Jesus Christ will return for His true Church just before the beginning of the Great Tribulation in a secret gathering or "catching away" was an important part of Darby's teaching. The movement in which this teaching began originated in small groups in England and Ireland about 1828 and by 1831 was part of the official teaching of the Plymouth Brethren. By 1860 the "rapture" had made its way to the United States.

In the late 1800's, America was fertile ground for a wide variety of religious extremists, most notably the Adventist movements. These movements, which produced new denominations, sects, and cults, almost always had as one of their chief tenets the belief that Christ was going to return to earth "very soon" and that they could tell you when. As the eschatological and apocalyptic teachings of the Plymouth Brethren entered this mix of religious fervor, some of their teachings became a permanent fixture within the newly formed sects. Among the many heresies of the "brethren" the Rapture was the most successful. It even went on to affect millions of people in denominations which had not yet been formed. Two examples of this are the Assemblies of God and the United Pentecostal Church which were not founded until early in the 20th century. At about this same time the Rapture made its way into the theology of the Southern Baptist Church, which had not previously known of the teaching.

Today, prophecy pundits and "end-time" revivalists preach the Rapture as if it were established dogma from the time of Christ until the present. The truth is that the first historical reference to the Rapture doctrine comes from the Plymouth Brethren. Not only is the Rapture not found in the teachings of the Church, but even "end-time" heretics throughout the centuries never dreamed of proposing such a novel idea. For example, the 4th century Montanists, who preached both pre-millenialism and that they knew when Christ would return, never ventured so far as to create another 2nd coming of the Lord in a secret rapture.

source

It will no doubt come down like this, if it comes down at all....
PROJECT BLUE BEAM

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WILAWAI
I was simply repeating the suggestion that if the extremist and fundamentalist religious people were to be removed, that this planet would find most of the violence, hatred and war gone with them.

I think religion gets a bad rap for we tend to blame all our problems on it. It's the Muslins or Christians doing all the bad stuff in the world etc, but when you look closer we see that most religions have a strong moral foundation. As you said, it's the fundamentalist and extremist that cause all the world's problems and I agree.

I could argue that religion has prevented us from truly going over the top for it has help us find our moral compass when we get lost. When we look at history's non-religious events, like communism in Russia and China, these really show just how bad we can get when we have no moral compass to get us back in line.

When we look at the dark days of the Catholic church in the past and Muslins extremist of today what they both have in common is that man manipulates those religions into their own personal agendas, to the point that their religion is only in name as they corrupt it for their own non-religious agendas. The bible doesn't say that the Church should kill people if they think the world is round, or rape pillage and plunder in God's name, nor does the Koran say one should be a suicide bomber in an open market of woman and children to get into heaven, but these things have been done in the name of religion.

I'm not sure what to call it so let's call it "the evil gene" to give it a name, but man is not a nice species. I envision an advance alien race that goes to a planet and plunders all its resources and eats its inhabitants is US in about 500k years...lol WE ARE NOT NICE AT ALL!!! It's not religion, it's just us being us...hell we need laws just to scare us into being somewhat nice to each other. Don't believe me...just go to a prison where laws don't work anymore and see how nice we can get.

One thing that saves us somewhat is intelligence and the ability to abstractedly understand what is good and evil and work towards good since we are basically evil in nature, so to get rid of all the extremist and fundamentalist means nothing for we all have that inside of us and depending on what motivates it to the surface we could all be truly bad. One book I read about ancient man stated that you would not want to meet a group of humans 20k years ago, they would most likely kill you and eat you than to look at you.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
supposedly only 144,000 get taken up. What do you suppose your chances are?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Zero...
that is unless your a Jewish, Christian, male, virgin.

Dont' get all mad at me... I didn't write the book.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
More Lahayian theology. Great!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Isn't there suppose to be 1000 years of peace....I don't think that has started yet...lol

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Of ourse there is a rapture in the bible. Let me point it out to you.

Matthew 24
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

If there is no Rapture then answer the question. Where did all the people come from in Revelation? They weren't there at the start of the story.

Also people read far too much into Mark 13-32 and Matthew 24-36. You have to read it in context with all of the fig tree parable to understand the prophecy. So to clear that up what Jesus Christ is saying that from the first event of the Apocalypse to the last will fall in the lifetime of the generation being born at the time of the first events of the Apocalypse. And the major problem is that a major Apocalyptic event has already happened. The rebirth of Israel in 1948 was an event predicted in multiple places in the bible.

So based on the evidence the generation has been running for at least 64 years. And per Psalms 90-10 would probably last 70 to 80 years.So I would be extremely nervous right now. According to the evidence the Apocalypse is running.

Like the song says things are gonna change in a New York minute.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why do people try and predict the end, and try to predict it as if it will happen like the Bible says, when that same religion says that nobody will EVER know the date or time of the End?

Christians (or any doomsdayer) piss me off extremely. Perhaps catastrophic events could be predicted, like a giant earthquake, say, but not the end, unless you notice a giant asteroid above your head that blots out the sky

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by autowrench

Isn't there suppose to be 1000 years of peace....I don't think that has started yet...lol

If you can figure out a way for this Old World to have Peace in all Nations, I for one would like to hear the plan. Ever read into the Report from Iron Mountain? It was decided that is peace reigned, people would not longer feel the need to be governed.
That 1000 year thing is just another Bible thing that either already happened, or is not going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join