It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looper (Starring Bruce Willis) [Movie Trailer]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This movie looks interesting. And it's one of those "I wonder if this is a movie that symbolizes the future of man kind" type of movies. What do y'all think?

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a "looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon- Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce. Director: Rian Johnson Cast: Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels In theaters: September 28th, 2012

edit on 13-4-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
I tried finding a legit trailer on youtube, but couldn't.

Found the trailer at imdb.
Yes, it does sound interesting. I like time travel movies.

A time travel movie I watched recently is the low budget Primer.
Starts off ok, but as the movie progresses and the loops back in time become more and more complex, you, like the characters in the movie itself, are left wondering what on earth is going on.
Interesting to read one of the comments about Looper...

Shane Carruth, the one-man band who did everything on "Primer" (writer/director/editor/actor/etc.), was brought onto "Looper" by Rian Johnson as a consultant to help with the film's internal logic related to its time-travel elements.

edit on 13-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

ETA: OP got the vid embedded, so I took mine down

Looks pretty good, and an interesting plot. Willis rarely makes a bad movie, so it should be a decent flick. Did Joseph Gordon get some plastic surgery or something? He looks different.

spec
edit on 13-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the trailer...love time travel movies......Bruce Willis is a good choice for this one....

Extra butter please.....

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I must admit I do like Mr Willis in a movie, as long as it's a good movie and he has done many. Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, and Mission Asteroid Impact or whatever it was called to name just a few. I saw him in a great one playing a hit man, the "Kansas City Shuffle" was his line but I forget the name of the movie already. I will wait on the ratings though, anything too much under 7 isn't too good imho.

Having now watched the trailer...

"This time travel crap just fries your brain like an egg..." *candid look*

Oh yeah!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It looks very cool - love the cast.

Excuse me but can I please have some of your popcorn?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeseaewe
It looks very cool - love the cast.

Excuse me but can I please have some of your popcorn?

Here ya go Sweet Pea....

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
I saw him in a great one playing a hit man, the "Kansas City Shuffle"

The movie you're thinking of is Lucky Number Slevin.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thank you. That was indeed the film. As soon as I saw the title I knew you were correct. It was kinda Film Noir if I remember well but with a nice touch of humour too.
Another good Brucie movie.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Something to look forward to!!!

I love Brucey! I love time travel movies!! Perfection!

one of the best.

edit on 13-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by NewerBeing

ETA: OP got the vid embedded, so I took mine down

Looks pretty good, and an interesting plot. Willis rarely makes a bad movie, so it should be a decent flick. Did Joseph Gordon get some plastic surgery or something? He looks different.

spec
edit on 13-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

I think it's just make-up to make him look more like a younger Bruce.
Love time travel Movies, especially "Twelve Monkeys".
Looks an interesting watch.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I saw the commercial for this movie yesterday and as it started I said to my mother " this is such a cool movie I haven't seen it in years."
Then the end of the commercial says it comes out in theaters in a couple weeks????

I have seen this film. I know I have! This is driving me crazy because I don't understand, I watched it 4 or 5 years ago.
Am I having a wicked De 'j vue. It is just so strange to me. I even remember trying to look it up on netflix about a year ago because I wanted to see it again.
So strange.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

That's odd, but hasn't Bruce Willis made a precious time travel movie? I think it may be called twelve monkeys. Maybe that the one you remember?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry..

where is the trailer for this movie????

I found it..cool...

edit on 18-9-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Nope not twelve monkeys. I love that one too. It is looper that I have seen but who knows how.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
I saw the commercial for this movie yesterday and as it started I said to my mother " this is such a cool movie I haven't seen it in years."
Then the end of the commercial says it comes out in theaters in a couple weeks????

I have seen this film. I know I have! This is driving me crazy because I don't understand, I watched it 4 or 5 years ago.
Am I having a wicked De 'j vue. It is just so strange to me. I even remember trying to look it up on netflix about a year ago because I wanted to see it again.
So strange.

Are you sure you're not remembering the trailer for it that was released about a year ago?
Actually this trailer in this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I saw the TV ad for this.
They are actually saying it's this generations "The Matrix".

Now I absolutly fell in love with "The Matrix" the first time I saw it and watched it atleast 100 times, that is until the sequals came out, they're good but bleh.

Anyway, if this indeed can be compared to such a sci fi great as "The Matrix" it should be the best film this year, [size=0]I think they're lying.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

This isn't the first I've heard of people seeing a movie that isn't out yet or doesn't come out for years. I think its a time slip thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just got back from seeing this one and it's great. I was expecting it to be good, I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

It's basically a cyber-punk western. Yeah, it's set in 2044 and yeah there's time travel, but if you're a fan of westerns and you watch this movie you'll know what I'm talking about. And it's not just that certain characters use future revolvers. It's how the characters act and what they do. And the pacing. It's not all action, all the time. There is quite a bit of action and it's very good. But there's a lot of downtown where you're waiting for various hammers to drop.

And it's surprisingly funny. There's a lot of laugh lines and some funny action. There's a great part where you see a scene from one angle and it's quick and action-y. Then, you see it from another and it looks so comical.

The cast is great. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is good, as he usually is and since he's back together with director Rian Johnson (they did the incredible movie "Brick" together) I knew I wasn't going to be disappointed. Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt hit it all perfectly. There were some parts that surprised me. I didn't know Jeff Daniels was going to be in it, but I'm glad he was. And Garret Dillahunt pops up (he's Burt on Raising Hope).

So, yeah, this is a great movie. I highly recommend it.

top topics

join