It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has been 3 years Mom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Kudos to you then, but how about Eschatology with your Theology interests?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Kind of a depressing topic matter, but i do like the odd psychological thriller.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing...

Although I'm not religious, I hope you're mother is in that "better place" of yours. Most of all, she deserves that "better place" inside of you.

Take care

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ionaura

There is no shame in crying, especially for someone we love. I am honoured that for your first post on ATS, you decided to post you reply. I was a few years older than you when I lost mom, so I can only imaging how you feel, but cherish the years you did have together, and the memories, share them with you father, as he is probably hurting too.

Take care, and thanks, have fun on ATS, things can get a little heated sometimes, but try not let it get personal, there are a lot of passionate people here, and they often disagree.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A letter like this shows how important parents are to their children. They give us wonderful and lasting memories and they're always there for inspiration and support. When you have children, the older people always remind you appreciate them now because they grow up fast. As a parent, that statement could be more true.

Op that was a very moving letter and I'm sure your mother was standing behind you when you wrote it. Just remember to supply your own children with the same kind of love your mother gave to you. peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That was one of the most beautiful thing's I have ever read on here. God has surely blessed you and your family and continues to bless you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thankyou Ryan and ATS members,
When my mum passed it was sudden and on easter, i had spoken to her an hour before and she asked me if i was happy, when I told her I was happier than ever she began to cry on the other end of the phone. I had moved away two weeks earlier and was heading home that day for easter, i never made it back to her in time, she had a headache and then was gone.
I had never experienced pain like this before, four years later and the pain seems to be getting worse. When i read your letter, i saw the line "my little man" and broke, as my mother called me that too.
This is the first time i have been able to open up and let some of it out, thankyou for starting this thread Ryan.
I have only recently discovered ATS and have been addicted since, so much information to digest.
Sorry my first posts were kinda depressing ATS members, just a bit of ATS therapy lol
Thankyou

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Dammit Ryan, I had logged off ATS, changed my password, and planned on taking the summer off from posting, but I was still checking for my headlines and news, because I just don't like nor trust the MSM, so I can't give ATS up completely.

Then, I see this headline over to the right, and it intrigued me. I had to read it, and after reading it, I absolutely had to recover my password just to star and flag this thread and see to it that it makes the front page.

Very moving. I'm at work, in my office, with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I am a bit of a Momma's boy myself, and I live several states away from her now, and every time we visit she just hugs me and won't let go. She has stood in the doorway and watched me shave even now that I'm almost 40 years old! She gets upset if she doesn't hear from me almost every day. I hope she is a around for a very long time, but I know she won't be here forever. It is hard growing up, and I have regrets. I used to believe I didn't have any, but I do. My Mom is 1000 miles away at the moment, and all I can think about is hugging her and telling her what a great job she did, and how much I appreciate everything she has ever done.

I have a 4 year old and a 5 year old at home, and they are so precious, but if they spend one night away from me they come back noticeably more mature. They change day by day, and I know they won't be my little ones for very long.

Dammit. This is awfully emotional for a Monday afternoon. I don't know why your words struck all of us the way they did, but that is some fine writing, and some dam fine words you put together. Thank you, thank you, thank you x1000. We needed to hear this....... at least I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join