It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USC Students Slain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
blogs.laweekly.com... engine.php

The USC grad students murdered in a 1 a.m. shooting outside their apartment have been identified as Ying Wu and Ming Qu, according to USC officials. They were both 23, and had traveled from China to study electrical engineering at the prestigious USC campus.

The couple, described by neighbors as private and reserved, were shot in an expensive new BMW on Raymond Avenue, the street where they lived, near 27th. One neighbor in particular told the Times that gang and drug activity in the area has been on the incline.

Only four homicides had been reported in West Adams this year -- up until this morning, when Wu and Qu were found shot to death on Raymond. When police arrived, Wu was slumped in the BMW's passengers seat, and Qu had collapsed on the porch of a nearby home. (He had apparently been trying to call for help.)

Their murderer is still on the loose. Homicide detectives are working on a motive, but are guessing the double murder may have resulted from a bungled car-jacking.

Firstly I want to mention is BMW's are not a sign of wealth nor are they expensive.

Qu drove a 2003 BMW that friends said he bought for about $10,000.

www.latimes.com... 96.story

I'd wish the media would stop portraying them as rich kid snobs showing off their wealth.

Secondly, will this murderer ever be caught? My english highschool teacher's brother was shot in a mall's parking lot and the killer was never caught. This was roughly 5 years ago in Los Angeles.

I'm just wondering is it really that easy to kill someone these days.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
like i've been posting, in the past 2 weeks, theres SO many senseless murders where it was innocent students/young adults minding their own business which some loser(s) singled out and just blasted dozens to hundreds of their illegal machine gun rounds at per person... this even happened to a couple cousins so far this year.

there's definitely an element of class wars in alot of these "Random" killings of young people across america these days. wonder why.

and yea to top it off, most of these suspects are never caught or brought to justice. murderers get off way too easy in USA. its like the government rewards dumb people for killing off the educated/smart people, now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

how awful is this. these two chinese kids are just trying to study abroad and they get murdered. this absolutely sickens me. I'm not proud to call myself an American when I hear things like this.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by balon0

how awful is this. these two chinese kids are just trying to study abroad and they get murdered. this absolutely sickens me. I'm not proud to call myself an American when I hear things like this.

i haven't been proud to call my self an american for a few years now. this just shows the rest of the world how well we treat our civilians. too much leaniency on gang violence. if you're in a gang, you should go straight to prison no questions asked. better that than crap like this happening. innocent die for the wealth of the scum.

doesn't stop at just gangs, our leaders do it to us too, just in an economic way

ETA: by gang i mean street gang, bloods, crips, latin kings etc.... before you start saying "oh great so we should just consider occupy a gang and lock them all up?"

edit on 13-4-2012 by Hardstepah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

Well it was USC .. so there is actually a higher population of illegal immigrants than actual US citizens. It very well could have been a Mexican, so you don't have to feel to ashamed.

OP: I do find it weird that the media is talking about the car. What does the car have to do with .. anything? Especially a 2003 used BMW?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Its sad and sickening knowing the fact that the victims' parents are now left alone in their old age. We have to take into consideration their "one child policy". Every country have their own "scums" of society. Its just how the govt deals with this sort of problem. Its death for the killer in China...no two ways about it. They do not waste taxpayers money to feed and house these "scums" and there is no overcrowding in prisons. Prison terms do not necessary
help as they, more often than not, turn these "scums" into more hardcore criminals when released. These "scums" have no place in society. Their parents life savings invested in their child's education overseas all gone too. This "scum" just single handedly destroyed two families a few thousand miles away.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Do we have to turn every single thread into an American bashing nonsense fest? Should I be ashamed to call myself a Washingtonian when someone is killed in my state? Should I be ashamed to call myself an Earthling if a Bear kills a person? Stop politicizing murders.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

OP: I do find it weird that the media is talking about the car. What does the car have to do with .. anything? Especially a 2003 used BMW?

Yeah I was a little weirded out by that too. Man there was another story not too long ago where the BMW featured prominently, and needlessly. I'll try to remember/find. As I recall it turned out to be from the 80's. I drive a BMW that's now a few years old, but it's not like it was terribly more expensive than even a new pickup. Hell you can spend 40k on an F-150. Used 2003 BMW? What 15k at the ABSOLUTE most? Can't really see it going for more than 10k, assuming a 3 series.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

All german cars Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen except Opel are viewed as prestigious vehicles in most parts of the world because only the rich could buy and maintain one. Maybe not so in the US.

top topics

join