It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Airport Security Is Broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interesting op ed piece in todays Wall Street Journal by the former head of the TSA, Kip Hawley.

In it, he goes into some detail about why the screening processes dont work properly and how the political system is handicapping any progress in making things run better.

More than a decade after 9/11, it is a national embarrassment that our airport security system remains so hopelessly bureaucratic and disconnected from the people whom it is meant to protect.

I arrived in 2005 with naive notions of wrangling the organization into shape, only to discover the power of the TSA's bureaucratic momentum and political pressures.

Given how much interest there is in the TSA here, thought you folks might want to read it for some insight.

WallStreetJournal

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for the link.

I still hate the TSA with a passion, but this give a little insight for the (claimed) reasons behind the madness.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dogs and metal detectors work just fine.
A huge bolt lock that only the tower can
open for the cockpit. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I get the feeling ever since 9/11 no terrorist would have a remotely decent chance. They say they don't discriminate at airports.. but lets be real. Certain "activities" fall under certain demographics. As a post 9/11 American.. I see a modern day terrorist getting foiled and curb-stomped by a mob of pissed off passengers XD

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onlyonetruth

HAHAHA So true. I know if someone tried to upset my life in that way, there'd definitely be hell to pay. And most of my friends & family would be right behind me (My dad probably shoving me out of the way to be first). Not the greatest attitude I know, but if it's sit there and die, or die doing something about it, I'm damn sure gonna do something. Definitely.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Etarson because: Can't spell And, apparently.

new topics

top topics

join