It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Witch's Secret Letter. How Absurd Claims Have Made History.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by manna2

yes yes its always an imposter isnt it
silly to think ignorance could in any way contribute or lead to these sick acts
"wasnt me it was my evil twin....honest and for true!"

these arguements didnt fly when you were a child and they dont fly now (unless of course you are willing to provide substantial evidence to your claims....which i would really like to see)

religion is a political tool
its used to manipulate the masses and has been for thousands of years
that said ive come full circle on the issue and know most religious texts to hold powerful truths and show a profound understanding of life.... though not when read in any literal sense
and the real crime has been the effort to misrepresent these writings in such a way they look bat # insane (by association of whatever followers they may have) and drive off anyone with half a brain that hasnt spent vast amounts of time trying to understand them (and who would based on how theyre represented by the masses ....most of whom only know what theyre told by their priest or the tv ......one would assume its all insanity with no base in reality)
edit on 14-4-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

evidence?
You provided the evidence.
There is nothing Christian about those acts.
Yashayah clearly stated when describing His disciples and their posers.
"You will know them by their fruits"
You cannot be a Christian and do un-Christlike acts.
And for you.
You cannot denigrate those in the present that are Christ like by those before them that were un-christ like.
It simply betrays all logic.
I know this sounds childlike to you.
But that is simply because you reason like a child.
Not my fault or problem.
Discernment just hasn't been bestowed upon you it seems.

Here's a sad fact that got past you.
Doesn't the letter imply the guy was not a witch to begin with?
So isn't the thread title so misleading it tricked you into a false paradigm?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by RyanFromCan

so, seeing from your answers you understand my point about discernment and show your exclusion from it's use.
By design or by a simple lack of ability for it's use?
All your examples have been of satanic influence as posers to denigrate His name.
Does that really fly over your head without notice?
You cannot call a dog a cat and change it's appearnce[sic] by name alone.
If you describe a dog, it is a dog.

You simply declare it satanic, and therefore it must be? who are you to make that decision on behalf of everyone? so Christians DIDN'T kill people claiming they were witches? Christians DIDN'T use the status as such to condemn and control people?

If someone is describing a "dog" in simple terms in the attempt to mislead, and you know to the contrary, it is incumbent on you to say something. You are the one with issues here on seeing the value in an argument, it is clear that you dismiss anything that leads to a logical conclusion that you do not like.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

because witches are real and everyones going to assume were talking about a real witch right?
please enlighten me about being christian
i dont believe your christ EVER tried to establish a religion did he? more he taught people how to not be dicks and live in harmony with their fellow man
christ said nothing of christians (a religion the clearly didnt exist while he was alive)

if the majority of a group is guilty of something do you not refer to the entire group when making accusations? or do you go down the millions of names checking which it applies to and which it doesnt
if the majority are guilty the group is guilty

and the biggest problem is this labeling....everybody feels the need to be a part of a big group to get over their insignificance..... get the # over it
if you dont want to be labeled a nutter dont associate with nutters.... its that easy you can still follow "the teachings of christ" without giving yourself the useless label of christian..... so why dont you do that and save yourself the grief you will undoubtedly catch due to the associations of a title

.....and im the one who reasons like a child

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

of course i don't like it. it is wrong. It's simply using faulty logic to serve a personal bias.
I'll prove it to you. Where is the new testament scripture to support torture for ANY REASON WHATSOVER?
And how would that relate to forgiveness or turning the other cheek? What is Christ like about it?
I see alot of it represents the ideals of the evil one, but not the Prince of Peace or any of His teachings. Do you?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

realyy dude, you make no sense. you must be very young as you don't seem to know very much about cultures and history and run on more emotion than facts. I'm guessing 19?

oh, btw. I know many witches. Most, the real ones, are generational.
Heck dude, I was friends with a number of the Collins back in the day.
No doubt you know not of the name. Google Collins and witchcraft.
I'm guessing you don't believe witches exist, even though some openly declare it here and post.
Are they lying or are you just young and naive?
edit on 14-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

well your post will almost certainly be deleted as it is completely off topic and arguably against the t&c
but please explain your reasoning for these statements to me
i would be more than happy to accept some legitimate criticism.... dude

this was posted before the one above was edited

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by manna2

well your post will almost certainly be deleted as it is completely off topic and arguably against the t&c
but please explain your reasoning for these statements to me
i would be more than happy to accept some legitimate criticism.... dude

lol, did I hurt your feelings?
I am on topic, you are not.
you just got lost in anti christian bias thinking that was the topic

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
know what...... i retract everything ive said and a mod can delete this

some people just dont deserve a response

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You know I just don't believe religion is the problem, but its people. Many, many different religions have done and are still doing atrocious things in the name of God, and then there are prisons filled with men and women who don't profess any religion doing horrible things, and then we see governments of all types doing the unthinkable. There is no excuse for men doing such horrible things in the name of religion or a lack thereof. This is just the human condition, and sadly so many misuse religion and civility to justify their immorality.

just my two cents

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Thanks for posting that. Id never knew it existed. Such a horrible period in our history.. Americans torturing and murdering Americans in the name of religion.

Well, past is prologue. It's happening all over again..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

This all very interesting, but from my point of view we are still just out of the stone ages, in the way our modern society deal with things, people. For all the advances we have made in technology we have barely moved forward at all in dealing with people, the church and understanding the real problems that encircle our most astute society.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that. Id never knew it existed. Such a horrible period in our history.. Americans torturing and murdering Americans in the name of religion.

Hmmm... and it's still happening. We just replaced "witch" with "Terrorist" LOL. It's ridiculous that I get more and more disgusted that I'm American, and I served 4 yrs military. Yuck.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Not much has changed since. . .yesterday, has it?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

lol, now americans just torture foriegners who they believe might be terrorists. same book different paranoid cover.
en.wikipedia.org...:_My_Journey

edit on 15-4-2012 by repeatoffender because: .

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Dude I really don't care about your biased survey links. There is a big difference between smarts and intelligence. Leftists tend to be smart, and smart just equals how quickly you reach a conclusion, not if that conclusion is right or not. Eugenics movement was after all the by product of smart leftist leaning people.
But heck, when conservatives controlled the educational system people where better educated. 40 years of leftists controlling k-12 and the college-university system... HAHAHAHAHA yeah try and defend that one.

As per America? Witch hunting only really took place in Massachusetts colony and by the 18th Century was predominantly a thing of the past.*

And this sanctimonious "this doesn't justify" BS, the OP grabbed a "witch letter" from a foreign country and time(Before America even existed as a Union) to bash America. If he/she wanted to talk about America, the OP could of picked from valid examples of witch hunting. From Salem to the child molestation frenzy/witch hunt of the 80's.

This is about bashing America and the facts be damned! Your type will never allow the facts to get in the way of a good old fashioned witch hunt, which ironically is what this article is all about.

*What I mean is, even in Europe witch hunting died off in the 18th Century, with the last official trial taking place in the 1710's(I believe the accused was given a pardon before execution).

So from my perspective, you lefties are either ignorant of history or are pathological liars.
edit on 15-4-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by korathin because: college and university, forgot space inbetween them

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wjones837
You know I just don't believe religion is the problem, but its people. Many, many different religions have done and are still doing atrocious things in the name of God, and then there are prisons filled with men and women who don't profess any religion doing horrible things, and then we see governments of all types doing the unthinkable. There is no excuse for men doing such horrible things in the name of religion or a lack thereof. This is just the human condition, and sadly so many misuse religion and civility to justify their immorality.

just my two cents

Two cents from a prejudicial person aren't worth that much. Then again your bias is the result of not learning women's contributions to history(it is complicated, but suffice to say that Feminist's in the know, and Traditionalist's in the know want women's history excluded so they can rewrite it to suite their ideological needs).

When it comes to witch hunting, the number one thing that men as a class can be accused of, is pandering to women. As the vast majority of accusers where women!

That type of phenomenon takes place in all type mob hysteria witch hunts. From Domestic Violence false accusations, rape false accusations, during European Nazism, and behind the Iron Curtain, women used false accusations to destroy their enemies: men and women alike.

That is why a German politician(from the old East Germany) lamented on how "awesome" the oppressive snitch system and special police where for women.

That doesn't make women as a class worse then men, it just goes to illustrate that women are human beings too. As such they are capable of both great good and great evil, but mostly in between like most people in general.

And in the absence of religion psychopaths will make up new excuses to butcher others. Religion isn't the problem, psychopaths and sociopaths are. But it is so easy and temping to blame an inanimate thing, then the neurological types that instigated and bloodied their hands with such horrible deeds.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by manna2

because witches are real and everyones going to assume were talking about a real witch right?
please enlighten me about being christian
i dont believe your christ EVER tried to establish a religion did he? more he taught people how to not be dicks and live in harmony with their fellow man
christ said nothing of christians (a religion the clearly didnt exist while he was alive)

if the majority of a group is guilty of something do you not refer to the entire group when making accusations? or do you go down the millions of names checking which it applies to and which it doesnt
if the majority are guilty the group is guilty

and the biggest problem is this labeling....everybody feels the need to be a part of a big group to get over their insignificance..... get the # over it
if you dont want to be labeled a nutter dont associate with nutters.... its that easy you can still follow "the teachings of christ" without giving yourself the useless label of christian..... so why dont you do that and save yourself the grief you will undoubtedly catch due to the associations of a title

.....and im the one who reasons like a child

Then by that token every single atheist ought to be rounded up and sent to special internment camps(American style). As atheist's in the 20th Century butchered more people then every other religion combined since the beginning of known religions!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
of All the Witches in the World

it is sad to say as those that did not Understand that a Witch Worships
((( NATURE))) and what Nature can Give !!

A Witch can be a Christian or Satanist or just Plain Neutral
or Just about any other Religion of a One Man God .. to Paganism..

back during the Inquisition Times
The Christian Religion Branches treated a Shaman & the Witch as the Same

Personally I came from a Line of Of a Medicine Woman ( Shaman ) Grandparent (Maternal ) & a Europe ( Celtic Witch ) Great Grandparent (Paternal ) that passed on their Knowledge or Remedy's of Medicine their Family's

What is SO Ironic is the Same People that Tortured and Executed
these Forced or Unforced Claimed Witches , Warlocks

Has Worship a MAN that walked on Water , Raise the Dead , Heal the Sick & Blind , made FOOD & Wine of Plenty out of Nothing , Made Predictions that became Truth.. ((( Example Crumbling Synagog ) . Influenced Many had 12 Followers that Spread his Ideas and Thoughts and Stories and the Famed Communion that Basically is a Reenactment of Cannibalism ! Red Wine represent Blood & Bread Represent Flesh in all of the Ideology Consume to Become a Part of him like in ... Man eats a Deer Heart to become a Better Hunter..
and Be Worshiped as God in the Flesh

The MAN Was Tortured by his Own Religion with the Law & Rules of Roman Territory Occupation
For More Less Blaspheme and his Ability's that Ive recently Mentioned ....

It this MAN I have Mentioned Came Back During the Inquisition Period ... 15th to the 17th Century

Where Would He End UP! ???

Thank you OP for bringing this Out

It was a Time when Men/Woman was Controlled by Christian Religion that Controlled the State & Government and the Monarchs / Emperors ... Of Europe & Colonial America...

opps I forgot

Both sides of my family Celebrate Christmas & Easter and
My Favorite Halloween
right along side with the Solstice Holidays

just in case we have those People Here that have those Ridiculous Ideas that
Witches are just ONLY devil Worshiping

Im truly in Sorrow with the Ones that Perished of being Forced to claim themselves of being Witches

In that Catch 22 atmosphere of the Inquisition of 15th -&- 17th century

edit on 15-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You have no understanding of Christianity. Then again most Christians do not either, so your warped ignorance is a byproduct of mass cultural ignorance and accounted for/ understood.

Like I said before, witch hunting originated in Olympian(Non Abrahamic) Rome. Most of the harsh language in Deuteronomy is to scare the tar out of people that they didn't want in society, or atleast didn't want in open society.

Witches, Psychics, Tarot readers, doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, they interfere with the natural progression of humanity. They keep humans in a state of infancy, from developing our greatest gift: critical thinking.

Because of witchcraft being outlawed we have Chemistry. Psychics, tarot readers, they all are just leeches. Take money and peddle possible futures(the future should be unknown so as to give people the freedom to make decisions for themselves without outside influence).

Some can argue that religion belongs in the above paragraph, but I reject that notion as religion(or at the least spirituality) has a certain emotional value. In that it helps us humans out emotionally. Psychopaths and sociopaths may not see the need of emotional maters given they lack many of them in the first place, but to the majority of people emotional injuries can be just as grievous as physical ones.

P.S
Psychopaths will always look for a reason to harm other people. Because psychopaths find a huge amount of joy in other peoples suffering(think of a cute little puppy dog at a pet store. Now think about how you feel emotionally when seeing one of the cute little buggers, that is how psychopaths more or less feel when they harm or take advantage of others. Add in their control freak nature, their strong desire to domesticate other humans and take over alpha positions, and every ideology, movement, or social structure will eventually become infested with psychopaths ).

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Wolfenz

You have no understanding of Christianity. Then again most Christians do not either, so your warped ignorance is a byproduct of mass cultural ignorance and accounted for/ understood.

Like I said before, witch hunting originated in Olympian(Non Abrahamic) Rome. Most of the harsh language in Deuteronomy is to scare the tar out of people that they didn't want in society, or atleast didn't want in open society.

Witches, Psychics, Tarot readers, doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, they interfere with the natural progression of humanity. They keep humans in a state of infancy, from developing our greatest gift: critical thinking.

Because of witchcraft being outlawed we have Chemistry. Psychics, tarot readers, they all are just leeches. Take money and peddle possible futures(the future should be unknown so as to give people the freedom to make decisions for themselves without outside influence).

Some can argue that religion belongs in the above paragraph, but I reject that notion as religion(or at the least spirituality) has a certain emotional value. In that it helps us humans out emotionally. Psychopaths and sociopaths may not see the need of emotional maters given they lack many of them in the first place, but to the majority of people emotional injuries can be just as grievous as physical ones.

P.S
Psychopaths will always look for a reason to harm other people. Because psychopaths find a huge amount of joy in other peoples suffering(think of a cute little puppy dog at a pet store. Now think about how you feel emotionally when seeing one of the cute little buggers, that is how psychopaths more or less feel when they harm or take advantage of others. Add in their control freak nature, their strong desire to domesticate other humans and take over alpha positions, and every ideology, movement, or social structure will eventually become infested with psychopaths ).

A Few Reads for YOU!!!

First Council of Nicaea
en.wikipedia.org...

Second Council of Nicaea
en.wikipedia.org...

Constantine I and Christianity
en.wikipedia.org...

Constantine I turn against Paganism
en.wikipedia.org...

I see it as a Tool of Control by Constantine

And Christians Keep People from Learning Using Knowledge to expand their mind for Ideas of Invention
of Critical Thinking !

Its Just the Opposite of you Said let Alone Book Burning that the Three Branches of Abraham has Done ..

keeping you from Discovering and Problem Solving ... & Using Technology

Prime Example is the Amish People here in the USA

Research Galileo ! for Starters see what was done to him ... by Christianity

There was alot of LOST KNOWLEDGE in the Medicine Field because of the Inquisition

but I reject that notion as religion(or at the least spirituality) has a certain emotional value. In that it helps us humans out emotionally

whether its true or Not !! Going Blindly without Question ! ?

How FAR will you be Lead

When Christian fanatics do this !

Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Church

Jesus Camp - "Harry Potter is the Devil"

I Would Rather Believe in Sumerian, Celtic Norse etc.. Texts that's considered Mythology

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join