It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' promise on Divine Mercy Sunday...this Sunday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My friend Gods grace is not something we earn, it is given to us at no cost because he loves us, all of us. How many of us can actually say we are without sin?? The three conditions that make an act a mortal sin:
An act of grave matter that is...
Committed with full knowledge and...
Deliberate consent.
A sin is a sin, there is not a ranking system, when you break one law against God, it is like breaking them all.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by colbe

My friend Gods grace is not something we earn, it is given to us at no cost because he loves us, all of us. How many of us can actually say we are without sin?? The three conditions that make an act a mortal sin:
An act of grave matter that is...
Committed with full knowledge and...
Deliberate consent.
A sin is a sin, there is not a ranking system, when you break one law against God, it is like breaking them all.

PLPL

Hi,

I never said "grace" is something we earn.

If there is "not a ranking", why did you write...mortal sin and give it's definition?
There are venial sins and mortal sins. It is Protestantism that preaches all sins are the same, have "not a ranking."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by colbe

no mocking my friend... the OP passed info on to me actually, (I was commenting in response to the "brunch" comment)

if you could see who I was replying to? thank you

and you too OP I didn't know what Catholics had to do...

Sisy,

I am sorry, I went back and looked at the post again. You were commenting in response to the "brunch" comment.

have quiet and holy Sunday,

colbe

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
I think I will for the 1st time in many, many years will be attending Church this Sunday. Too many bad things have been happening in this world and my own life lately. It's time I re-evailiated my beliefs.
Once again Thanks.

Share, if you desire, how your Sunday went proob4.

may the two hearts J+M keep you safe,

colbe

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My friend it is ALL the same,
but you have not figured that out yet.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

all sins are the same, there is no varying degree of sins

I disagree. There are minor sins and there are major sins. You don't have to think to hard to see the difference. Offensive language is not the same as premeditated murder.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

all sins are the same, there is no varying degree of sins

I disagree. There are minor sins and there are major sins. You don't have to think to hard to see the difference. Offensive language is not the same as premeditated murder.

Language isn't a sin and murder is murder. There are no different degrees of sin. The "mortal" sins that are commited can only be done by those who do not have the blood of the Lamb on them, of which the wrath of God passes over (Pesach) which was prophecied of in the first Passover of the Israelites when the angel of Death passed by the door posts with the blood of a lamb on it. To an unsaved person any sin is death, but to a saved person we are under his grace and covered by his blood.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by colbe

so if your not catholic you need to become one??? Really are you that brainwashed (brain dead) to believe the catholic church is the one true religion. My god man wake up, evil people run that so called church. I was once catholic but am no longer due to the fact that thaey covered up rape of children.. But you go on believing what you have been told to believe

Don't stop there. The Spanish Inquisition where protestant christians were branded witches and heretics and murdered (would Jesus sanction murder?) and jews who didn't even have anything to do with crucifying Jesus were murdered for refusing to convert. Oh, lets look at the Crusades, The Popes wanted Jerusalem so they granted remission of sinful acts commited to any who would march to war and absolution of sins commited in war (stealing, rape, murder, would Jesus sanction this?) and kings or lords who refused to go to war were excommunicated (would Jesus sanction war?).

Here's something you might like to take a look at:

Roman Catholicism is the Cult of Mithra

Compare what the priests of Mithra do to catholic priests. Do you find it all that interesting that the cult of Mithra disappeared right as Constantine came to power? The cult of Mithra began in the first century A.D. and disappeared overnight in the 4th century A.D., there is no Trinity, there is only one God. The Church of Rome fell into apostacy right as Constantine became Caesar and thats when Mithraism infiltrated that church.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Great, I am going rush to read your anti-Catholic website L.W.

Cromwell killed over a million Irish Catholics and thousands of English
Catholics in the Protestant persecution. What does that tell you? Man
is capable of sin. Like Judas, remember, so come up with another protest.

Man has a fallen nature, the reason Our Lord established the Church
and the means to His 'grace' in the 7 Sacraments.

message to Pelianito

April 15, 2012

Zephaniah 1:10
On that day, says the LORD, a cry will be heard from the Fish Gate, a wail from the New Quarter, loud crashing from the hills.

“My beloved, do you see how events are already in motion? Do not fear what you see and do not be alarmed for what is coming, but with great trust in my love and faithfulness, place all your hope in me. My little children, you have celebrated the feast of my mercy. Prove yourselves! Trust in my mercy without fail. Do not waver in your trust, but accept everything that happens as from my hand—with gratitude, even in difficult times. You do not know what I intend to purchase with what you offer me. Then resent nothing, but offer everything. I tell you that what you think you are missing on earth is worthless compared to what your offerings can purchase....

www.pelianito.stblogs.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please list for me every single description the Bible gives for who the Revelation 13 Sea Beast (or little horn power of Daniel 7) is and I will tell you exactly how the papacy fulfills all the criteria exactly through the historical record.

The Catholic Church, God's true church huh....'the dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority'....well the dragon (Satan) isn't my God

Look into the advice people are given who wish to become a priest in the Church of Satan, they are told to become a Roman Catholic priest first

Lets see what the Papacy has to write about itself:
"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate law, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." - Decretal De Translat. Espiscop. Cap.

"The Pope's will stand for reason. He can dispense above the law; and of wrong make right, by correcting and changing laws." - Pope Nicholas, Dist. 96, Qutoed in "Facts for the Times." pp55,56. 1893

Can change the Divine Law huh and even the precepts of Christ....so a man (the pope) is above God huh...shows where your allegiances lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:3,4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all is called God

So you are perfectly Okay with the papacy removing the 3rd commandment for no Idol worship and changing the Holy day of worship from Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday????

God says:
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Psalm 89:4
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever. Heb. 13:8
He that saith, I know him, and keepth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4
If ye love me, keep my commandments John 14:15

Does your salvation rely on Jesus or man?????

"She took the pagan Sunday and made it the Christian Sunday...and thus the Pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday sacred to Jesus" - (Cath. World, March 1894, p.809.)

What is your Holy Sunday?
“Is Saturday the seventh day according to the Bible and the Ten Commandments? I answer yes. Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the seventh day - Saturday - for Sunday, the first day? I answer yes. Did Christ change the day’? I answer no!”
“Faithfully yours, J. Card. Gibbons.” — James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, Md. (1877-1921), in a signed letter.

“Sunday is our mark or authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.” — Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

Dictionary definition of Sunday -
'Webster's International Dictionary, 19th edition' - Sunday...so called because this day was anciently dedicated to the sun, or its worship

'Schaff-Herza Encyclopedia' - Sunday (Dies Solis of the Roman calendar, 'day of the sun,' being dedicated to the sun), the first day of the week

Man Says:
"Sunday is founded not on Scripture, but on tradition, and is a distinctly Catholic institution." - Catholic Recrod Sept. 17, 1893

"The New Testament makes no explicit mention that the apostles changed the day of worship, but we know it from tradition." - The New Revised Baltimore Catechism (1949) p.139

note: the tradition is from Paganism

God says
- (Matthew 15:3,6,9) But He answered and said to them, why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?...And you void the commandment of God by your tradition...But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

- "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men...And he said to them. 'You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions.'" Mark 7:7,9
edit on 3-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Your avatar, it sounds of bitterness. Are you a former Catholic? You
will always be Catholic, it is a great gift. Come home, go to Confession,
tell the priest you've been away and return to Mass and the Eucharist.

It's foolish to search Catholic writings to try and disprove the Church
is holy. The main thing is, men are fallen not the teachings and morals
taught by the Church and have never changed in 2000 years.

It's a charism, a gift from God. Jesus told Peter, Satan will not prevail
in Matthew 16:18.

Look at all the non-Catholic Christian groups...I'll be nice. They have
gone away from the teachings of Christ. Some of them approve of
obvious mortal sins.

God bless you,

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please note that I am not attacking you personally and having nothing against typical everyday Catholic people, I am against the false teachings of the Catholic Church (and the 1500 odd years that they have major responsibility for) and unfortunately you were just espousing some of them, so I am just calling you up on it.

Statement from the Catholic Church:

“Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. ‘The day of the Lord’ was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the (Catholic) Church’s sense of its own power...People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy.” — St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Guess which church I belong to....7th Day Adventist church....the one the Catholic church rightfully acknowledges as the only church that actually follows the Bible completely. If you trust the opinion of the Catholic church and hold the Bible as your sole authority then you would be Adventist too.

Have a look at surprising list of statements the Catholic Church has made about Sabbath and Sunday how Sunday was just made up by them because they consider themselves above the Bible and above the precepts of Christ himself

My avatar is a recognition that I know the Jesuits are continuing the counter-reformation the role that the Vatican did during the Dark Ages as the Inqusition through all the secret societies that they founded like the illuminati, Freemasony, Skull and Bones ect ect (that both President's Bush were members of). All Lucifer/Satan worshiping groups (but freemasonry only when they are over the 30th degree).

You might want to get educated just on what lovely antics your Jesuits (although not all of them, but major portions of them once they have prooved their undying allegiance to the cause) get up to

And all the bloodshed THEY created through controlled wars, revolutions and dictators

The goal of the Jesuits is to return the Papacy back to a time they enjoyed in the Dark Ages but seeing that every protestant reformer fingered them as the Beast power of Revelation they had to counter this by creating groups that did the work for them and that they could conveniently blame or wipe them hands from any 'involvement with'. When you consider that the Vatican actually considers Hitler to be 'a good catholic' and that they were the ones helping him to be brought to power you start to realize the rabbit hole of new understanding you are in for.

No I do not care to return to the bliss of the dark ages under absolute tyranny of Papal rule where Christians were burned alive at the stake and tortured to death just for having a bible or wanting to be able to read one in their own language. That is what the papacy calls a heretic, someone how chooses to decide for themselves what to believe. The Papacy doesn't want this, they want to dictate to people what they should believe and I don't stand for this.

This is a great book to read of accurate history of what Rome got up to during the dark ages, I think it is a valuable education of what your Church represented for over 1000 years and wishes to represent again in the future. The Great Controversy

A good place to start reading is chapter 4. The Waldenses

The information I am presenting to you is not bitterness, I am giving you tough love to lead you out of an apostate church and to take you to a place where you learn how to love God how he wants to be loved. The presenter of those two videos was an ex-catholic but became a 7th Day Adventist when he found out that the catholic church were deliberately summoning up demons to torment and enter his child to make them sick (so that he would comeback to the Catholic church to seek their help because his attendance had lapsed). Me on the other hand, I have been a 7th Day Adventist all my life.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, I am only here to guide people to truth and correct practices that please God.

A great book to read about all the major antics that the Jesuits are responsible for in America over the past few hundred years is called, The Secret Terrorists by Bill Hughes. Go to the link and you can read the entire book for free
edit on 5-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join