It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' promise on Divine Mercy Sunday...this Sunday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am posting about a special feast day coming up this Sunday, the Feast of Divine Mercy. It's very special, Our Lord would do this, He asks us over and over to trust Him. A reminder too, there are Saturday afternoon Confessions at your parish and offered at some parishes this Sunday before Mass because of the feast day.

I have one question, do you not think Our Lord’s promise is a promise for everyone? You could...

If you’re not Catholic, before Sunday or on the day, from your heart with true contrition, confess your serious (mortal) sins to God. #2, even the smallest gesture, it doesn't matter, large or small, act in a merciful way on the feast day. Third, attend Holy Mass at a Catholic Church near you this Sunday. You CANNOT receive the Eucharist, do not go forward, instead make a “spiritual communion.” Ask Our Lord in prayer to come to you in a "spiritual communion." It’s God’s call then, you showed, having faith, your desire for the promise of Divine Mercy.

My personal opinion and as I said, isn't it for all, Our Lord’s mercy is unfathomable. Trust in His mercy.

love,

colbe

Originally posted at www.spiritdaily.com...

www.medjugorjemiracles.com...

...In the 1930’s Our Lord Jesus requested through Saint Faustina Kowalska that a Feast of Mercy be established and solemnly celebrated in His Church on the First Sunday after Easter every year. The Lord said that this feast would be the “last hope of salvation.”

Jesus Christ revealed this vision of himself to the young Polish nun, Sister Faustina Kowalska. The image was painted and became a vessel to remind the world of God’s greatest attribute, His mercy.

Divine Mercy Sunday will be celebrated April 15, 2012. The great promise of this day is the forgiveness of all sins and punishment due to sin for anyone who would go to Confession and receive Jesus in Holy Communion, on this very special Feast.

According to "Divine Mercy Productions", one may receive the Sacrament of Confession, also known as Reconciliation, twenty days (I had always read it was 8 days before or after the feast day, many went to Confession to prepare for Easter -colbe-) before or after Divine Mercy Sunday.

In the year 2000, after many years of study by the Catholic Church, Pope John Paul II, officially established this Feast of Divine Mercy and named it Divine Mercy Sunday. He died on the very vigil day of this feast and was beatified on May 1, 2011, on that same feast!

Why would Jesus offer us something so great right now? Jesus told St. Faustina that she was to prepare the world for His Second Coming and that He would be pouring out His Mercy in great abundance before He comes again as the Just Judge and as a very last hope of salvation.

From the Diary of S. Faustina, 699, Jesus said: “On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which grace flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. My mercy is so great that no mind, be it of man or of angel,” will be able to fathom it throughout all eternity.”...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Jesus already died for our sins, We don't have to go to brunch to do it again.
All we have to do is repent. Jesus said so himself.
No one is exempt from salvation.
edit on 13-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Now all you need is a couple thousand billboards across the world to spread your message.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks. I need Jesus more than ever right now.
My life is hell.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

so if your not catholic you need to become one??? Really are you that brainwashed (brain dead) to believe the catholic church is the one true religion. My god man wake up, evil people run that so called church. I was once catholic but am no longer due to the fact that thaey covered up rape of children.. But you go on believing what you have been told to believe

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

"You CANNOT receive the Eucharist" that is the most inane insane thing. If your not catholic you need to go to classes to recieve a wafer that the priest "Magically" changes into the body of christ. Keep giving to the pedophile gatekeepers. You would be amazed what has been documented and how those men of god treated the victims of their abuse. It wasnt just a few it was the whole organizaton from the very top. The ST John Paul II is on fire as we speak for his sins.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by colbe

so if your not catholic you need to become one??? Really are you that brainwashed (brain dead) to believe the catholic church is the one true religion. My god man wake up, evil people run that so called church. I was once catholic but am no longer due to the fact that thaey covered up rape of children.. But you go on believing what you have been told to believe

sd, hi,

It doesn't take even faith, historically, yes, Roman Catholicism is the
true faith. God has one plan so He has one Church. You will always
be Catholic, come home...

I didn't say in the OP you had to become Catholic. It is my opinion only that Our Lord desires to offer this beautiful promise to everyone. Have faith in Our Lord's promise, do these few things.

All the reparation we must make for ours sins committed, mortal and venial up until this feast day, this coming Sunday are made by His promise. Remember, even though they are forgiven, all the sins we have CONFESSED to God, every soul has to account for them by their loving acts, sufferings here, our prayers or we atone for them over the veil in Purgatory. God is perfectly loving and perfectly just.

ie: you break the neighbor's window and apologize BUT you still have
to fix the window.

Prayer and regular Confession. You can't die in mortal sin.

God bless you,

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
dang! i have a dinosaur quiz that day.
next time though!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know your intentions are good, but his mercy is not limited to just the Catholic faith. His mercy is there for everyone regardless of what faith they follow. God is everywhere and in everything, some of us do not need a structured religion to communicate with him. I also must add that his mercy is available to us EVERY day, not just once a year.

Psalms 145:9 “The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.”

PLPL

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Most Catholics are not bad people,

they are just misled,

I know many good and devout Catholics, and have family who is Catholic, and I attend Catholic Mass occasionally, it's a nice form of worship,

However, I have serious grievances with there theology (mainly the fact that they think its necessary to confess to a priest to stay out of hell, when there is no need to, I confess to God Almighty, why would I need a middleman?), and also with there conceptions of hell, and the sacraments, and RCIA and the vatican and higher ups, plus all the sex abuse scandals etc......

So, yeah, Catholicism - nice form of worship? Yes, absolutely. Beautiful churches? Yes, most definitely.

The only way into heaven? Most definitely not!
Theological teachings that go hand in hand with the Holy Bible? Absolutely not!

I think this thread was made with Love and compassion at heart,

so colbe,

I will S&F

Amen

PS: Happy feast day, and I'll try to be sure to recite the chaplet of divine mercy on that day!
edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

but surely not everybody already knows that?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think I will for the 1st time in many, many years will be attending Church this Sunday. Too many bad things have been happening in this world and my own life lately. It's time I re-evailiated my beliefs.
Once again Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If you’re not Catholic, before Sunday or on the day, from your heart with true contrition, confess your serious (mortal) sins to God.

Only the "serious" sins? Woman, all sins are the same, there is no varying degree of sins. Even the "minor" sins are enough for you to incure his wrath if you're not saved. So you're going to really advocate them only pray for sins they consider serious? What about the other sins? Just gonna sweep them under the rug and into the closet full of roman catholic skeletons? There is only one sin that is unforgiveable and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or slandering him. You have to confess all your sins to Yeshua not to some guy in a booth wearing the garb of the Mithra priesthood, not just the serious "mortal" sins.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I know your intentions are good, but his mercy is not limited to just the Catholic faith. His mercy is there for everyone regardless of what faith they follow. God is everywhere and in everything, some of us do not need a structured religion to communicate with him. I also must add that his mercy is available to us EVERY day, not just once a year.

Psalms 145:9 “The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.”

PLPL

Hi Minor,

I do have good intentions, thanks. Everybody has free will to believe or not in Jesus' promise.

I never said God's mercy is limited to the Catholic faith. Roman Catholicism is the one true faith with the greatest means to God's grace. God can't be within you if you are in mortal sin. I agree, His mercy is available to us every day.

Divine Mercy Sunday is a promise of Our Lord's mercy, the promise, it's powerful.

God bless you,

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If you’re not Catholic, before Sunday or on the day, from your heart with true contrition, confess your serious (mortal) sins to God.

Only the "serious" sins? Woman, all sins are the same, there is no varying degree of sins. Even the "minor" sins are enough for you to incure his wrath if you're not saved. So you're going to really advocate them only pray for sins they consider serious? What about the other sins? Just gonna sweep them under the rug and into the closet full of roman catholic skeletons? There is only one sin that is unforgiveable and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or slandering him. You have to confess all your sins to Yeshua not to some guy in a booth wearing the garb of the Mithra priesthood, not just the serious "mortal" sins.

You use an Old Testament word and forget there was an Old Testament ministerial priesthood while you make fun of Christ's New Covenant ministerial Priesthood. And then you actually say "priesthood." You're stuck with your anti-Catholicism, I am sorry lonewolf.

There are greater and lessor sins, venial and mortal. You cannot die in mortal sin, you will not see Heaven. Mortal sin is the death of God's grace in your soul. You must repent with true contrition and confess this sin to God. Again, I'll give you a verse from the Gospel about "varying degrees of sin." How is saying something disrespectful or unkind to someone as sinful as murder? It's not.

1John 5:16
He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask

God bless you lonewolf,

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Thanks. I need Jesus more than ever right now.
My life is hell.

I wish all replies were like yours proob4, less your second sentence. Seems to me, everything is getting
worse. Prayers for your intention. You know you have progressed spiritually when you thank Our Lord
for a cross, a suffering. It's so hard to do in the midst of experiencing a cross.

We can offer up our sufferings to Jesus in prayer, to help save souls.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by GmoS719

but surely not everybody already knows that?

Gmo and Sisy, hi,

"Jesus already died for our sins", true, He redeemed us. Our redemption is not the same as our justification.
Salvation is a life long process. When we sin, sin mortally (serious sin), right, you must truly repent and confess your sin to God. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. -John 20:23-

The Holy Eucharist is God Himself, do not mock the Eucharist calling it "brunch", my advise.

God bless you both,

colbe

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
excerpt from a Message to John Leary

Friday, March 30, 2012

...My people, at times you take your car into the carwash to clean off the dirt. Even daily you take a shower to cleanse the outside of your body. How much more you should be concerned with cleansing the sins from your soul in Confession. You are about to renew your Lenten devotions in Holy Week that is a remembrance of how I died on the cross for your sins. I love My people so much that I gave up My life so I could pay the price for your sins. I have given you My sacrament of Penance or Reconciliation so you could seek the forgiveness of your sins from Me. You can keep a clean soul by going to frequent Confession at least once a month. If you commit a mortal sin, you should get to Confession as soon as possible. You do not know when you are going to die, so by keeping a pure soul, you will be ready to meet Me at your judgment. People, who are living in mortal sin, are risking the loss of their soul to hell. So strive to avoid sin, and keep your soul clean by confessing your sins in Confession.

www.johnleary.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

no mocking my friend... the OP passed info on to me actually, (I was commenting in response to the "brunch" comment)

if you could see who I was replying to? thank you

and you too OP I didn't know what Catholics had to do...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You use an Old Testament word and forget there was an Old Testament ministerial priesthood while you make fun of Christ's New Covenant ministerial Priesthood. And then you actually say "priesthood." You're stuck with your anti-Catholicism, I am sorry lonewolf.

Wrong. You take:

1 John 5:16-17

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

And you twist the meaning of the scripture again because you do not know how to read the entire chapter to keep it in context. Somtimes context is even established 2 or 3 chapters ahead because the scriptures were originally written in scroll form, not book form. Furthermore you do not even know what this verse is talking about. This verse is directed at believers, not unbelievers who have not recieved salvation. For a believer in Christ there is no sin that leads us to death because we have been covered by the blood of the Lamb. For people who have not been covered by the blood of the Lamb they must confess all their sin. for their sin leads them to death for they are not yet covered by his blood.

Yes, you definately are right about me being anti-catholic, because you all do not even know what you're talking about. You let some priest of Mithra brainwash you into what to believe instead of actually reading it for yourselves and then you take 1 verse out of context and think you have the correct meaning. Take your head out of the Roman Catholic Dogma.

You tell lies when you say to people that they can pick and choose what sins they can confess when they come to Christ. Salvation does not work that way. When you come to Christ it is all or nothing, you cannot hold onto your old life and be reborn at the same time or you nullify the agreement. You are not to hold back when you come to him.

Luke 9: 23-26

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him

23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. 25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? 26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.

Luke 9: 57-62

The Cost of Discipleship

57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”

58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.”

But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”

61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”

62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
And i encourage you to read the entire chapter of Luke 9 so that you can understand who Jesus is talking to, which is his disciples...his believers. If you choose to come to him it is all or nothing, this is how Yahweh has always been and Jesus is Yahweh. I am not making fun of the new covenant, it is you who are disrespecting it while you transfer your lies onto me. I am not the one telling people they can hold onto their old sinful lives and be reborn...that is you doing this, not me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join