It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas Could've Paid $103,067 More In Taxes Without Bush Tax Cuts, Credits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"If the Bush tax cuts hadn’t been extended and the president hadn’t chosen to employ those tax breaks he despises so much, Pres. Obama could’ve paid $103,067 more in taxes than he actually did for 2011. And, with the help of a government website, he could still pay it, anyway."

Link: cnsnews.com...

Ok can anyone define "hypocrite" to me? Honestly, I pay 36% of my wages in taxes...how much did our President pay? According to this article he paid 20.5%! Ok now will someone here tell me how we can respect a man who hates the rich, though he's rich himself, then tells the rich to pay more while he pays less than those of us who are of the 99%! When will those who see this man as some kind of a god come to their senses?

He is a liar just as those before him who occupied the oval office were liars. He is no different, except in one way...he desires to get into our business, our health care, our school loans, our home loans, our car loans, remember cash for clunkers? He embraces the ideology of a government that administrates every facet of our lives...and you "hope and changers" are still following the siren song of this man.

I can only hope those who are sleeping wake up, those who have put their heads into the sand will pull them out and breath fresh air and come to their senses.

We have a chance to vote this man out this fall, and I do believe Obama will go down into history as this nation's worst president.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter, those cuts are gone now and he will have to pay more next time.

I do agree it seem hypocritical, but one of the benefits of being a president is taxes.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why didn't he lead by example and pay the higher rate he wants so badly? He is a hypocrite, that's why. He isn't alone though; almost all politicians are hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Why didn't he lead by example and pay the higher rate he wants so badly? He is a hypocrite, that's why. He isn't alone though; almost all politicians are hypocrites.

I have to agree 100% with that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And he's trying to raise his own taxes.

Your point?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Your point?
The point? If he really believed in the need and "rightness" of these higher taxes, why didn't he pay them voluntarily now? The answer is simple, he is a liar, a hypocrite and a scum bag. He could have raised his own taxes immediately with no need to wait or force a vote. He is just full of it.
edit on 13-4-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The point? If he really believed in the need and "rightness" of these higher taxes, why didn't he pay them voluntarily now? The answer is simple, he is a liar, a hypocrite and a scum bag.

The point is, it's not going to matter much unless everyone is paying in more. That's the whole point. Everyone making that much money has to contribute or it means nothing.

At least Obama has the balls to release all his tax returns....unlike Romney.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Do you all realize how brainwashed you are? Income taxes are how old in America? I am sure many know, but not enough!

We shouldn't pay any taxes. The $ for the gov't should be made where it was originally intended to be made and not from our work!

The creation of the Federal Reserve & IRS has resulted in all citizens to be defacto slaves of the state. Slavery is supposedly dead in America...

Derek

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

At least Obama has the balls to release all his tax returns....

But doesnt have the balls to release ANYTHING else,that involves his past..........

Yeah,hes a God. Hes Transparent.....

edit on 13-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: Transparency issues

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I pay 36% of my wages in taxes...how much did our President pay? According to this article he paid 20.5%!

20.5% was Obama's federal tax rate. You did not pay 36% in federal taxes.

If you did...you need to find someone to do your taxes for you....if you already have someone...find someone else.
edit on 13-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Your point?
The point? If he really believed in the need and "rightness" of these higher taxes, why didn't he pay them voluntarily now? The answer is simple, he is a liar, a hypocrite and a scum bag. He could have raised his own taxes immediately with no need to wait or force a vote. He is just full of it.
edit on 13-4-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

No, the point is not him paying more voluntarily.

The point is that the laws need to be changed so all wealthy people pay more.

Honestly...think for yourselves...how would Obama voluntarily pay more do anything?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So obama hasn't released it campaign contributions nor his college transcripts but he has the " to release" his tax records?

Right.

Not just Obama the liberal lies that only the rich got tax cuts but according to another thread on here obama only made 162k as a senator which is not only the rich got richer.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Class warfare,exemplified by our polarizing President.

Hes one of the "haves",it seems........

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am sick of this garbage i hope Obama is voted out so i don't have to hear anymore about it.

Really do wish people would get the idea of what a constitutional republic is.

edit on 13-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No, the point is not him paying more voluntarily.

Honestly...think for yourselves...how would Obama voluntarily pay more do anything?
The point is that he wants to force others to do something he will not voluntarily due on his own. The epitome of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People are free to pay as much as they want to in taxes if they feel they aren't paying enough

so it's only their "fair share" when Government has a gun stuck to their heads?

Ridiculous and Buffet owes the IRS 500 million in back taxes and yet all i hear is the Buffet rule.

What utter nonsense.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sonnny1

I am sick of this garbage i hope Obama is voted out so i don't have to hear anymore about it.

Really do wish people would get the idea of what a constitutional republic is.

Tired of hearing what crap?

Tired of hearing that Republicans are just concerned about the rich and still are trying to sell trickle down economics???

Good luck with that....because it is the truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Right...because if Obama voluntarily paid 30% all would be well.

The point is that the laws need to change so all wealthy pay more...bottom line.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The truth is 50 million on welfare 25 million unemployed millions of jobs outsourced to places like China 60 million of social security 60 million on Medicare.

All that has destroyed wealth and job creation Good luck with robbing from the rich and giving to the poor that has worked out to over 120 trillion dollars that can never be paid for and a life no better than any yesterday.

The rise of China is due to that failed thinking Americans just have it so bad try living in china.

People say the evl rich are greedy but that doesn't hold a candle to liberals.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The truth is 50 million on welfare 25 million unemployed millions of jobs outsourced to places like China 60 million of social security 60 million on Medicare.

All that has destroyed wealth and job creation Good luck with robbing from the rich and giving to the poor that has worked out to over 120 trillion dollars that can never be paid for and a life no better than any yesterday.

The rise of China is due to that failed thinking Americans just have it so bad try living in china.

People say the evl rich are greedy but that doesn't hold a candle to liberals.

And who's fault is it that all those jobs were outsourced???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join