It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hall tribute to Dunblane victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Eight years ago a man walked into a school in Dunblane, Scotland and opened fire of a class of 30 pupils and 2 teachers. Eight years later, after a lot of hard work and money raising, the local council and community have opened a special Center for those lost.

news.bbc.co.uk
Gunman Thomas Hamilton killed 16 schoolchildren and their teacher at Dunblane Primary School in March 1996.

Built by the Dunblane Youth and Sports Centre Trust, the completed centre includes a large community sports hall, activity rooms and a dedicated youth centre.

The centre provides local youngsters with an art room, music studio, cafe and internet suite

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I remember this day very well as i was on the phone to my cousin who goes to that school when it came on the news.

This is the worst massacres in scotland..16 children and there teacher killed by a man who then turned the gun on himself. Its horrifying to think of what those kids must have been going though back then.

Thankfully due to money from goverment and special charities they will be remembered even more and Dunblane can move forward a little more in there grieving.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.archive.official-documents.co.uk...
www.edlis.org...

[edit on 26-9-2004 by John bull 1]

new topics

join