It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Wipes Out Citizen´s Debt! Bankers On Trail!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
o wish they would do that here, i could just imagine if a sudden influx of wealth was directed in local business rather than big banks, i think the unemployment rate would be at a alltime low but then dui's and drug related charges would go up. but hey excess money = excess fun

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
OH NOZ!!!

how long before we started hearing:

"Iceland is violating human rights/promoting terrorism/has WMD's? "

Yes - waiting for America or who-ever is using them to bomb the stuffing out of Iceland - or maybe they will use HAARP and just hit the place with an earthquake??

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The people and government of Iceland should be commended for having the guts to do what the rest of the world is too chicken s**t to do and stand up for themselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The TARP and QE 1 and 2 could have eliminated every middle-class mortgage in America. Instead, the banks became bigger, wealthier and WAY Too Big to Fail. Thanks Obama- you globalist psychopath.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticalifragilistic
reply to post by poet1b

I do believe we should be entitled to the fruits of our labor. I do not believe in fiat currency and fractional reserve lending. I vote and invest accordingly. I do not believe a government should try and save people from themselves.

I do not take out loans. I do not bank with a large corporate bank. Most of my investments are in gold, silver, oil, lng and other tangible assets. I try to do as little business with a large corporation as possible. I vote with my money. I am upset with the way the system is too but I hit them where it hurts...my money.

I believe if you borrow money and agree to terms, you sign your name, you should honor your name and commitments. This protects others from losing the fruits of their labor. Other people should not lose out because people don't honor their debts.

Think about all those who have sent a lifetime paying their mortgage and now have a worthless h

edit on 17-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would agree with you if this was a simple case of people borrowing money and refusing to pay, but it's not. It's a case where the banks were knowingly defrauding the most vulnerable and unsuspecting people in the country, the elderly, uneducated, the blind, disabled and on and on. They knowingly gave bad loans that were rated triple A when they shouldn't have been. Sure the people are to blame too, but the idea that it is ok to commit fraud and the onus is entirely upon those being defrauded is simply ridiculous.

I am not sure if it was you either who posted those who vote for the corrupt politicians are to blame for this mess, so therefore you should have to deal with it and everything is the fault of the populace is another silly assertion.

What about those who voted against these corrupt individuals, but there voice wasn't represented? Still their fault? Why should I have to suffer for those who support these idiots? We're going through it again, It's going to be Romney vs Obama? I didn't or don't support either, but I deserve what I get, because I belong to the 20% who don't matter? The only 20% who happens to be at least partially educated on these discussions? I don't buy it.

We're our own worst enemies, something good finally comes out of this financial crisis that was orchestrated by the corrupt politicians and bankers alike, and some are railing against it and blaming ourselves, unbelievable, this wasn't an unfortunate deal gone bad, it was a planned heist. The bankers deserve to rot in jail, along with the politicians behind it, I can safely say, I didn't support any of them or sign any bad loans, but I can still feel compassion and sympathy for those who were scammed, when you're the scammer and you get caught, you deserve to rot. reply to post by macaronicaesar

edit on 17-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Up this thread. Get it going. Tell your friends and colleagues and family!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thanks to all the folks from Iceland that gave us more insight to what's actually happening, I really enjoy that about ATS, sharing information with people in different countries then ours.....even it's sad news we have to share often times, it adds much more perspective to World events hearing what's happening from the people involved....sad it sounds like things are still un-settled in your country....so dearly wish us all everything good.......

I shared in an earlier post in this thread, lol, probably too much information, my experiences, and Thank-You so much to those that showed compassion and fairness, because loosing your home is a very "tough pill to swallow", and commend Iceland for making a very positive step in the right direction to try and correct fraudulent loans, it seems at least some "effort" is being made...

I definately often ponder, if things would have meerily went my way, would I even be here now posting on ATS? It really has reqiured a " complete" series of life altering events to bring me to this point of understanding. lol, I guess it's that "worker bee" part of myself, I feel "compelled" to spend my time these days "learning",such a big leap from the pressure and stress I felt when my daughter was little and so much depended on me making a living. My daughter is grown ,21, although she just moved back home a month ago, lol...which is actually quite positive...
but life is different, modest condo, exspences kept low, a way more frugal and practical lifestyle.

Anyways, I hope that doesn't sound too gloomy...I'm really enjoying this part of life in the sense that my "priorties" have "radically" shifted, and I do believe I would NEVER go back to being as "shallow" as I once was.

It's been really wonderful having my daughter near, and she imparted some really interesting "insights" about how she views the Harry Potter books, ( to my shame she had a lovely 4 book set that I never read with her, with any true interest ) Basically, she said...Mom, don't you get it, the magic school represents the "secret societies, and Harry and friends are the "mutts" trying to bring back harmony and good" in the face of evil forces..it's all about balance"

She spent the next few hours really explaining the story through her eyes, and I was completly amazed, proud, and in awe of how interesting her perceptions were/are and how much she really understood, lol, I took notes on the insights she shared, they were so deep...maybe with her help we can create a thread that re-examine's Harry Potter's "message", and what it "implies" to kids.

No doubt other threads exist about this, and sorry to veer so far off course from original subject......

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I haven't watched the video, so I don't know what's actually being said. But it sounds to me like people have just stopped paying their mortgages and the banks eventually agreed to just let it go and give them homes? If this is the case, you believe that this is morally right? For someone to "loan" you something with terms of repayment only to never receive their money back? Sorry... I can't agree.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Japan seems to be following suit in their own fashion:

www.globalpost.com...

I'd love if ideally other countries ARE actually starting toward this process. Oh please oh please.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

And I will repeat my response.

"And the same should apply to those who lend the money, but they did not follow their commitments, or act honorably, and you seem unable to recognize or admit this."

And I will add.

You people who seem to only want to blame the borrowers, and ignore the actions of the banking criminals seem to be seriously lacking in moral standards.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How does this guy fit into the picture?

www.aljazeera.com...

edit on 23-4-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Im from Iceland,,,,,

People stopped paying there loans because they couldn´t afford to do so anymore.
The banks have not given any family´s there houses back, if any of them have gotten deals like that
then they are the fat cats with there hands in the pocket of goverment or are the uncle of the new
ceo of some firm.

The avg person haven´t gotten any benefits worth talking about.

Don´t get suckered into a video without any proof of real thing.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Galactic federation said to watch Iceland in terms of how the new economy would be, but oops, I ran my mouth about something even ATS is too closed-minded for

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thats it.....I'm applying for Icelandic citizenship.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I just really thought that this thread and the idea behind Iceland's non-violent revolution needed to be revived a bit for us Americans.

Let us not forget that no matter where we are as a civilization, we CAN change things.
Argue against that point all you want, but to believe you can't is admitting defeat.

How they did it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sounds great.

Though a referendum democracy would require

1. well educated citizenry.
2. Citizenry trained well in critical thinking skills.
3. Mature and responsible citizenry.

etc.

I don't think the USA qualifies any longer on those scores.

The satanic globalist oligarchy has too successfully dumbed down the masses in most "advanced" countries around the world.

And, it will be interesting to see if the globalists tolerate Iceland continuing to get its political and economic acts together

or whether they will use exotic technologies to light enough of their volcanoes off to destroy the island.

I pray Iceland endures as a bright light in a darkening world.
I pray they become an increasingly bright beacon of how to do the right thing in the face of great evil.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

The problem is Iceland has the population of a small city so in relative terms it was easy , they may have written of their citizens debts but guess who pays the price us, you me and other members on here as OUR banks etc lost out because of what they did.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The oligarchy have turned it all into Monopoly Money . . . en route to trashing the whole system globally . . . to justify their forcing the world economic tyranny, currency and Mark of the Beast down everyone's throat.

Now THAT'S worth some concern and awareness.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by wmd_2008

The oligarchy have turned it all into Monopoly Money . . . en route to trashing the whole system globally . . . to justify their forcing the world economic tyranny, currency and Mark of the Beast down everyone's throat.

Now THAT'S worth some concern and awareness.

When people are obviously controlled by religion (mark of the beast,jesus reference in avatar) I lose interest in what they have to say!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join