It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Wipes Out Citizen´s Debt! Bankers On Trail!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
always get a landlord /moneylender making excues...so where do you live and how many house do you collect rent from

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
to put the banks on trail you are putting the law on trail.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
those who control the law are landlord/money lenders......

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is BIG news & should be on all major news channels worldwide.
Someone start Tweeting & Facebooking it PLEASE.........
Thats what Twitter & Facebook were made for "spreading the word".
If this could go viral there would be revolution without the violence of protests & the governments would be screwd big time. HAHAHAHA
I'm not calling for anarchy.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Whoa!!

Sublime!!

I have been awaiting this news for sometime... Like years.

This is the spearhead that the Western World needs to break free of the Bankster/Gangsters... it is a whiff of the breath of freedom for humanity.

My gratitude to the country of Iceland.

This is a major step that could set humanity free!!!

Thank you! Thank you so much!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
How amazing is that! Although I'm sure this will return them as a catastrophic event, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
It sounds good, but I'll still need another source to jump on this. I looked around and haven't found anything yet.However, I do think this is how it's going to go down sometime in the near future. The people will have had enough, and will tell the big financial institutions go F themselves. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I was thinking along the lines of Greece being the first to step out and others shortly following behind.Edit: Well there we go, as I finished my post the OP pulled a couple more sources. Good stuff. S&F
edit on 13-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

Reading your comment, it occurred to me, that in order for something of that nature..******."and will tell the big financial institutions go F themselves" *****That the media would have to jump on board to make the news turn into reality as the media does since if it's in the news, there are followers. If the movement gained momentum, it would start with the media/news and then cascade and snowball into reality. Then watch the heads roll.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
the most important thing what the US citizen must change now, democratically speaking, is to stop the election fraud. Ron Paul is the right man for the country. Stop electronic voting.
edit on 14-4-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Has there been any further confirmation of this?

If this is true.. I wonder which unsuspecting country's taxes are about to shoot up.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yeah buddy, bring that good stuff to Australia.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Calling off all debt after awhile is the right thing to do. Perhaps then bankers will think twice before enslaving society with a debt based financial system.
edit on 14-4-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3litechasr
I'm with Milky Way...this isn't a good thing.

Our politicians pushed the banks into making bad loans, no one person had a gun held to their head and was forced to sign a contract they could not meet. The onus is on the loan taker to make good on the note.

Why do so many people seem to think that they should get something for nothing?

Who other than Milky Way wants to loan me a few hundred dollars? I'm on hard times too, I've been un and under employed for 12 of the last 30 months. I never defaulted on anything though.

Just my half a dime...

You need to understand the scope of the 2008 financial crisis and derivatives and then you will see the crimes that were and are being committed.

Whatch this film, it even starts with Iceland case: vimeo.com...

Also, many have been tricked into signing their mortgages. They didn't read or understand the fine print.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I assume you guys mean this?

Icelandic source - Ruv.is

Yes there has been an effort here to expose illicit financial activity as of late.

A special prosecutor was appointed after the bank collapse in 2008 to go after the
head figures ,those who perpetuated fraud on a bigger scale than the economy here
was capable to properly withstand. They fled the country with the money but have
been pursued since and some of them have been caught or forced to return.

And now ,more recently ,there have been these debt cleansings going on in cases
where the banks had taken more away than they legally were allowed to do and
they got caught in the act. The news article I linked says its costing the banks lots.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
some people seem to misunderstand how it really works. People who have put themselves in debt aren't really gaining much, it's more like a correction in the market to remove the bank fraud of pumping prices.

works like this

customer:"i want to buy a house,it's worth $100,000"

bank "well, what we will do is, lend you $100,000 for the house and $100,000 in fraud, but we will just say that the house is worth $200,000 to cover it, so you owe us $200,000 but you have something of greater value, making you better off because you appear to be richer than you are"

customer "ok i'll buy the house for $200,000"

government " I DONT THINK SO, we are stopping you, so we are going to wipe off $90,000 off the debt and the person now only owes you $110,000"

so the person who took on the debt may have to pay a lesser rate back, but they also have the value of their assets reduced, because they don't now own a $200,000 house, they own a $100,000 house

It's like a correction of the market. Instead of saying "i own a 500,000 house and owe 500,000, the government is saying "no you don't you own a $250,000 house and owe $275,000 (110% of home true value)
It's the banks who lose out most because they have artificially pumped the prices and say "hey look at us we're amazing we have 100bn worth of debt due to us." but that will be slashed which will cut a huge value off the bank and their balance sheet. It's being considered illegal because the banks basically created a huge debt burden on the people that shouldn't really have existed because it didn't represent the true value of the assets.

It'sbasically just re adjusting the debt figure of each person to take off the bank fraud
edit on 14-4-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Calling off all debt after awhile is the right thing to do. Perhaps then bankers will think twice before enslaving society with a debt based financial system.
Yes! And the bankers who committed fraud should be prosecuted. Also the banking industry must be regulated and be restricted to the basic functions of banks witch are saving accounts and loans, not issuing currency and governing countries.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Sir. It can be illegal all day long.

You signed the agreement knowing the price. You made a bad decision.

You saw 200,000$ ... and you signed any way.

You made an agreement and it wasnt in your best interest. You should still pay the LEGAL amount of the funds back to the bank.

I dont know about you , but if i wanted to make a profit off an item and it is only worth 5 dollars but i charge 10 dollars .. i dont want to go to jail because my item is only worth 5 dollars but people willfully buy it for 10 dollars.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier

Our politicians pushed the banks into making bad loans, no one person had a gun held to their head and was forced to sign a contract they could not meet. The onus is on the loan taker to make good on the note.

Who other than Milky Way wants to loan me a few hundred dollars? I'm on hard times too, I've been un and under employed for 12 of the last 30 months. I never defaulted on anything though.

Just my half a dime...

You need to understand the scope of the 2008 financial crisis and derivatives and then you will see the crimes that were and are being committed.

Whatch this film, it even starts with Iceland case: vimeo.com...

Also, many have been tricked into signing their mortgages. They didn't read or understand the fine print.

Nobody is tricked into signing the mortgage, if they did not understand the fine print, that is what a lawyer is for, if they did not read the fine print, then their financial problems in that regard are their own damned fault.

The "fine print" argument does not hold water.

The only people being saved here for the most part, are the ones that were, or tried living beyond their means. This only punishes those who lived within their means, because they were fiscally responsible, but don't have that nice shinny big house paid for with tax dollars. This is not about jealousy, this is about fairness.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I say, "Debt Jubilee! Debt Jubilee!" Who's with me??

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
This is BIG news & should be on all major news channels worldwide.
Someone start Tweeting & Facebooking it PLEASE.........
Thats what Twitter & Facebook were made for "spreading the word".
If this could go viral there would be revolution without the violence of protests & the governments would be screwd big time. HAHAHAHA
I'm not calling for anarchy.

LOL - Do you realize who owns these major news channels? Nothing is going to be said, and if it does it will just be a minor comment, quickly forgotten. Facebook will delete any mention of it, they have done it before, will do so again.

While ICELAND has done this, it is a good thing, but to be realistic, they are insignificant players, small time. The only way you are getting rid of the bankers in Europe, North America is by dragging them out of their pits, kicking and screaming and ending it - permanently. Do you realize how many trillions these bankers have leveraged - this is all designed...and if you thought 9/11 was a horrible incident, what kind of false flag do you think they will make if this starts making headway.

Originally posted by anti72
the most important thing what the US citizen must change now, democratically speaking, is to stop the election fraud. Ron Paul is the right man for the country. Stop electronic voting.
edit on 14-4-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

It goes even worse then that, that electronic voting gets housed in a company in Spain - and once it reaches that database, there is no way for any accountability.....if you thought the voter fraud in the Bush election was bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Just my half a dime...

I agree with you, these homeowners signed on the dotted line, and unless they want to foreclose / bankrupt on their mortgages, then pay up.....also, I knew years ago something was fishy in the housing sector, which is why I didn't buy a home. Why should everyone else get a free house and I get nothing because I was financially responsible?

But that being said, the bankers, and the politicians who set this fraudulent system up should face the consequences of their actions. The too big to fails should be allowed to fail, and those who dreamed up the derivatives scam should be held accountable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join