It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Wipes Out Citizen´s Debt! Bankers On Trail!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+110 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
JUSTICE!

Iceland told the bankers to suck it.

Epic, can´t add much more.

Brief description that came with the vid.

This is awesome. It shows when the people DO STAND UP they have more power and win against the corrupt bankers and politicians of a country. Iceland is forgiving and erasing the mortgage debt of the population. They are putting the bankers and politicians on the "Bench of the Accused." Which means I assume they are putting them on trial for corruption.

Now the rest of people of the world need to start doing the same thing. We all need to stand up and against all the corruption and fraud of the banks and politicians that are puppets of the banks and corporations.

allthough the vid mentions ´the vast majority´ of the debt, this is still a win.

source
edit on 13-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ETA:

another source

and some excerpts.

Iceland’s special prosecutor has said it may indict as many as 90 people, while more than 200, including the former chief executives at the three biggest banks, face criminal charges. Larus Welding, the former CEO of Glitnir Bank hf, once Iceland’s second biggest, was indicted in December for granting illegal loans and is now waiting to stand trial. The former CEO of Landsbanki Islands hf, Sigurjon Arnason, has endured stints of solitary confinement as his criminal investigation continues.

and the entire bloomberg report

Icelandic Anger Brings Debt Forgiveness
edit on 13-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
so by the bench of the accused in the video they mean trials? hope this spreads score one for iceland at least

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Anyone form Iceland that can confirm this? Couldn't find any other source on this history, even Icelandic news websites. Telesur that published the original video is a Venezuelan news channel.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That is just sooo awesome!!

If only they would do that here in the UK too

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Go Iceland GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now be a lesson to other nations around the world. Let's hope a trend has begun.

You can bet the people of Greece will be watching this develop.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Go Iceland GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now be a lesson to other nations around the world. Let's hope a trend has begun.

You can bet the people of Greece will be watching this develop.

Not if Greece politicians pull the plug on this type of news.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wonder if this is the beginning of the claim a while back that thousands of bankers will be charged.

Good news none the less.

link   
It sounds good, but I'll still need another source to jump on this. I looked around and haven't found anything yet.However, I do think this is how it's going to go down sometime in the near future. The people will have had enough, and will tell the big financial institutions go F themselves. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I was thinking along the lines of Greece being the first to step out and others shortly following behind.Edit: Well there we go, as I finished my post the OP pulled a couple more sources. Good stuff. S&F
edit on 13-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

link   
Shame this is much easier to acomplish with a country that only has 300,000 or so inhabitants.

I wish one of the "superpowers" did that for example France, Germany or even the US...

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to downplay their acomplishment. It's definitely a huge one and the future generations are forever in their debt (no pun intended)!
edit on 13-4-2012 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Couldn't agree anymore.

If this can be verified by 2 or more sources this needs to spread across OUR country, the United States, like wildfire in the minds of men AND women.

No more rubber back bones, lets do what's right!

We now know who's fault it is on account of carelessness, greed, and deliberate deconstruction of our economy. Whether it's financial, housing, agricultural, welfare, medical, or industrial productivity. We know, now we must act.

Ron Paul 2012. The only real politician left.

One man can't fix it all, but a country behind one man can.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier
Anyone form Iceland that can confirm this? Couldn't find any other source on this history, even Icelandic news websites. Telesur that published the original video is a Venezuelan news channel.

You could not find any other news about this?

edit on 13-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

Nevermind. I see others say they need more sources too.

Give more sources. Because # search engines.
edit on 13-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I could not find much about Iceland but got this from the Telegraph which talks about the IMF asking governments to encourage debt forgiveness in order to get the economy moving.

telegraph.co .uk

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes it is awesome.

They also plan on moving to a referendum democracy.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is a link that says that Iceland's debt forgiveness is only 13%

But is better than nothing I suppose!

linky

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
OH NOZ!!!

how long before we started hearing:

"Iceland is violating human rights/promoting terrorism/has WMD's? "

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

S&F! This has got to be bumped to the top! It's the RIGHT IDEA and the rest of the countries in the world need to do the same thing! The US, Canada, the UK and every country with a fractional reserve bank needs to charge the politicians and bankers with treason and if found guilty, enact sentence and hang the SOB's.

Politicians and bankers have done more damage to individuals and to society, and committed more crimes against humanity than even religions.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
OH NOZ!!!

how long before we started hearing:

"Iceland is violating human rights/promoting terrorism/has WMD's? "

Probably not long now.

The u.s. police are already pulling people over in iceland.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaneC
Here is a link that says that Iceland's debt forgiveness is only 13%

But is better than nothing I suppose!

linky

Actually, it was 13%of the GDP!
Apparently, this equals to 25% of the population, which is a huge achievement, in my opinion!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for providing more sources! Very good news!!!

I'll add Bloomberg Businessweek in my daily news reads! It was a fair reporting! How come we need a Venezuelan channel to learn about this? lol

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I think I'll re-activate my EVE online now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join