It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

STOP CALLING IT A MISSILE PEOPLE
"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

the fearmongering article link is --->
www.cnn.com...

MODS IF I MISPLACED THIS PLEASE LEMME KNOW.

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

You are clueless as to the status of North Korea. They spend everything on the military because the North is mineral rich while the South is rich with agriculture. The South has always helped sent food aid to the North.

Because of all these sanctions, North Korea is not allowed to trade with other countries, which means they cannot buy food cause no one is "allowed" to sell them food.

So technically, the first posted is correct, the US is starving the people of North Korea.

Only because north Korea continues to defy the world community. Case in point this launch.

So you are saying they can't grow crops, raise animals, or provide food on their own to their people? They have to depend on other countries to feed THEIR people? Then maybe they need to change their ways, and quit breaking rules so they can keep said food coming in. The regime in north Korea CHOOSES to not put funding towards sustaining it's people to keep them surpressed. We do not force them. So technically north Korea is starving their OWN people to divert funds to their military.

They can't feed their own people....because they are mineral rich? That is a crock of # if I've ever heard it.

edit on 14-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

www.cnn.com...

Who say North Koreans starving? U been there watching people starving? Someone got proof of that,or it is just on CNN,BBC,CBS,FOX news? Give me proof(other than MSM lies) that they starving and i will believe u... Otherwise u just spreading disinformation!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I realize that the have nukes and im sorry im not a war hungry fearmongering person out for fresh bloodshed at every turn. I just dont understand which i am sorry i come across as clueless. I just dont understand why we can get over ourselves in the fact that we have THOUSANDS OF NUKES we have elite trained snipes why do we display a form of fear.

Ooooo let me think now. If ANYBODY was to throw one single nuke anywhere there would be hundreds of thousands of dead people. I don't know about you but I think that's scary no matter how a big a gun I have in my back pocket. Of course even scarier is the potential for escalation and the hundreds of millions of dead people. Nuclear wastelands etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
reply to post by purplemer

Why do you continue to drag all of America's shortcomings into an argument about how America should feed a poor country that can't keep their word?

We are the ones with the upper hand here, not North Korea.

Simply put. It is you that is came out with arogant statement and continue to do so. Such as...

And if you have no money or food to feed you people, you automatically have no right to test nuclear weapons

So I made an analogy to your country in terms you would understand Those in glass houses should not throw stones. Still you failed to address the point and instead feel fit to call my an American basher.. Refer to my statement and stop with the poor me attitude...

What makes you think you have the upper hand. Your economy is based on a banking system that is going down the pan. The total debt per person is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars..

So using your own logic the US has no right to be developing weaponry as your country is broke.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Please no offense intended but i gotta ask....

Your a very literal person you know that right? Almost trollish in nature...what are you Vulcan? Deal in absolutes do we?

You can allow others to elaborate their point of view without slamming the door on them when they try to explain their position.

Maybe instead of doing that in a snide way, you could educate those who are not as smart as you...you are smart right?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

edit on 4/14/2012 by silent thunder because: never mind, the point I wanted to make has already been made. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I find funny this NK hunger argument, when in the same time in the USA there are 47 mil. people living in poverty facing starvation:

www.worldhunger.org...

In 2010, 46.9 million people were in poverty, up from 37.3 million in 2007 -- the fourth consecutive annual increase in the number of people in poverty . This is the largest number in the 52 years for which poverty rates have been published (DeNavas-Walt 2011, p. 14).

the NK population is 24 mil., so if you use math a little, there are almost two hungry NKs in USA...

and how about a little USA military spending stats?

almost half of the rest of the entire world (45%):

www.globalissues.org...

so, when you say that NK regime is spending more on their military you sound very hypocritical since USA government is also spending a huge amount of money for the military while 47 mil. USA citizen starve...

edit on 14-4-2012 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Ah yes the arrogant americans....I should know..im not only a American member...Im also the hair club president.

Honestly folks its simple......nuke em......they are not going to ever play nice with anyone let alone their own people...just nuke em, take em out of the equation...they aren't team players, they never will be.

And I doubt you'll see a unified Korea anytime soon under Baby Heweys rule over the KFC bucket as he drives his antique car around cause they don't have the materials to mass produce modern cars.

Its time for USA to worry about it own back yard, and kick out these corporate interests that have long paid for congress, the senate, and the presidency. Honestly we should get some nukes lobbin around this place just to give people a kick in their complacency...

So ya, turn the whole region into glass and sell it to a Geico repair shop. War is good for business....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
We should end ALL foreign aid of any kind until after we get our own house in order. There are people here in the US going hungry.

Hell, I' living on around $2 a day right now.

I might be lucky to eat around three times a week (not three days of the week, 3 individual meals a week..!!).

Yes I can still afford the internet, as it is my lifeline to the outside world and I am studying, it's a necessity, as specially since I also live in a very remote, rual area.

When I run out of fuel, I walk 16km into town and back for a loaf of bread and milk (several times a week).

The US is quite free to send some of that aid to me...!!

Screw NK..!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Not when they are not feeding thier own people. It makes me laugh, if the US did get involved they would still be the bad guys. The rest of the world are not thier government nor should they act like it. Its not down to the west to feed everyone else. They were warned what would happen, they did it anyway. Its been mentioned that they have let food aid rot in the past, why should we waste food if it isnt even going to go to the people. Im sorry but you just cant blame america and the west on this one. try directing your agner at the people that deserve it. the North Korean government.

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by olliemc84

What right does North Korea have to take money given to them by the US/UN/UNESCO for FOOD and put it towards their failure of a rocket program???

LOL that is like taking with one hand and giving with the other... They have as much right as any other nation to try and put satellites into space..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

www.cnn.com...

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

It is Imperialism. North Korea has been shut out of the American Imperial Empire just like many other nation's. It anger's me that people like you cannot see that. Sitting there in some decaying western country banging on about 'rougue nations. Brainwashed or braindead? Im not sure what you are. If you think it is fine for America to force the International community into punishing the peoples on nation's with sanction's and embargo's then I pity you. What kind of human has so little empathy for other's. What made you this way? It seem's many delight in the suffering of the people living in 'rougue' nation's. Shame on you all.

Look at Cuba and more recently Iran. Everything is done to break the will of these nation's and inflict as much pain and misery on their people as possible. If you cheerlead for that then I really dont know what to say. How do you even look at yourself in the mirror?
edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Really, MissCoyote, does America need to continue to feed the North Koreans? What happened to their buddies the Chinese? In my opinion, and I am a humanitarian, and do not like to see anyone starve. But! if a people allow their government to get like that, and that government takes everything for itself, then I believe a popular revolt is in order, like many other Nations have already done. Why not trade food for their nuclear and bio weapons?
I guess I am just tired of seeing American dollars finance terrorism all over the world.
(Caution! May contain colorful language)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers

Ah yes the arrogant americans....I should know..im not only a American member...Im also the hair club president.

Honestly folks its simple......nuke em......they are not going to ever play nice with anyone let alone their own people...just nuke em, take em out of the equation...they aren't team players, they never will be.

And I doubt you'll see a unified Korea anytime soon under Baby Heweys rule over the KFC bucket as he drives his antique car around cause they don't have the materials to mass produce modern cars.

Its time for USA to worry about it own back yard, and kick out these corporate interests that have long paid for congress, the senate, and the presidency. Honestly we should get some nukes lobbin around this place just to give people a kick in their complacency...

So ya, turn the whole region into glass and sell it to a Geico repair shop. War is good for business....

This is a member of the human race?

I just had to re-read that to mke sure you are not being sarcastic.Im still not sure.

"Nuke em" ???

I really dont know what to say about you people. Dont you make yourselves sick?

People like you make me depressed.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war."

So you say......... The voice of a bleeding heart lib.
NK chose to DEFY the warning against firing their missile/rocket/craft whatever and now their people will go hungry. It's wholly NK's choice. Another blunder on their part, poor stewardship while THEY STARVE THEIR PEOPLE. 800 million would have bought a lot of food, and also would have inclined other nations to give relief. But no......... this Kim Jung Un thought it more prudent to launch some Missile instead, and when that failed, make statements that instead they would fire off a nuke instead. How PROVOCATIVE is that ??? It borders on a proclamation of DEFIANCE. To hell with North Korea, they have shown they have no intention of joining the world community, instead they choose to brandish threats. So we should just give their people the sanctioned food anyway .....?????????? is that it ??? Well the choice was theirs, now they must live with it, and pay the piper.

You need to get some idea of what your talking about before you come spout all your fuzzy warm compasionate care for the North Koreans. You must be out of touch with actual news.

You do not warn, warn, warn against a behavior, and then when you are ignored, fail at your warning, relent and give them a reward anyway....... meanwhile their mind is on destroying you and your allies.

I think I would re-think your stance.. For every action there is a consequence and if there is not, then you have chaos.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The OP has really went out of her way to prove she really has no understanding of the things she likes to comment about.
If we send food or not, it all comes out the same for those poor folks who need supplies so desperately.
The food NEVER makes it to those who need it. Then only way I would agree to any form of food aid is if we get to distribute ourselves without any interference from the North Korean government. Under those conditions your argument would be valid, but I do not understand why our tax dollars should go to feeding the NK military or friends thereof.
Open your eyes lady, we are not the bad guys. They say no good deed goes unpunished and America is living proof to that

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Plotus

I think I would re-think your stance.. For every action there is a consequence and if there is not, then you have chaos.

Who the [SNIP] are you people to warn warn warn?

Why dont you American's [SNIP] off and mind your own business?

Your making Zero sense now....??? what are you talking avout..? The Us told NK it would give aid if they abondened proliferation, they chose otherwise, now ......uh No Help feeding their starving population, who's fault is that?

Keep your Imperial bribes of 'aid' and leave the world alone. Stop with your sanction's and embargo's. You think that may contribute to the fact North Korea does it so yough maybe genius?

Go home and pay your unpayable national debt yourselves you dead beats. Leave the world alone and fix your own crappy country.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
The OP has really went out of her way to prove she really has no understanding of the things she likes to comment about.
If we send food or not, it all comes out the same for those poor folks who need supplies so desperately.
The food NEVER makes it to those who need it. Then only way I would agree to any form of food aid is if we get to distribute ourselves without any interference from the North Korean government. Under those conditions your argument would be valid, but I do not understand why our tax dollars should go to feeding the NK military or friends thereof.
Open your eyes lady, we are not the bad guys. They say no good deed goes unpunished and America is living proof to that

You have no undrestanding of foriegn aid. None. Not a spec.

Here you go.
www.la.org.au...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by olliemc84

Why do you continue to drag all of America's shortcomings into an argument about how America should feed a poor country that can't keep their word?

We are the ones with the upper hand here, not North Korea.

Simply put. It is you that is came out with arogant statement and continue to do so. Such as...

And if you have no money or food to feed you people, you automatically have no right to test nuclear weapons

So I made an analogy to your country in terms you would understand Those in glass houses should not throw stones. Still you failed to address the point and instead feel fit to call my an American basher.. Refer to my statement and stop with the poor me attitude...

What makes you think you have the upper hand. Your economy is based on a banking system that is going down the pan. The total debt per person is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars..

So using your own logic the US has no right to be developing weaponry as your country is broke.

So because I am an American and can compile a sentence that makes me arrogant?

Again, you drag America into the argument. Are you an American? Do you live here?

If you dont, then shut the hell up, because you have NO idea how American's live.

We dont have to worry about going hungry. Not today anyway.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join