It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by purplemer

Apparently you're not aware of the immense number of treaties restricting doing just that. No atmospheric nuclear tests have been carried out by the US since 1963 when the Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed. Here's a map of signatories to the PNTBT.

What are you refering to.
NK was doing satalite testing. There is nothing illegal about that what so ever.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

then that is your fatal flaw, why come to an information sharing place such as this without the ability to be open minded? just wondering because it makes no since to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Then quit coming back

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people

how about North Korea feed their own people first, instead of making a missile.... or is that too hard for you to comprehend?

this is turning into a rant

You are correct there...
edit on 13-4-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The blame for NK's problems should be placed squarely where they lie. In the "Dear Leader's" lap. While his people starve, he cares more about military might than feeding them.... I am all for helping people, but I know at this moment of families in my own community whose children do not eat well IF AT ALL sometimes and whose parents are going without their blood pressure medicine in order to buy those shoes.....despite the fact that both parents work. If not for caring people in their community, they would be homeless......and there are so MANY homeless in the U.S. (which says something about the U.S.. BTW)....you can bash the U.S. all you want, and there are MANY things wrong with our government too....BUT.....even when we really can't afford to, we help other countries in need. However, there has to be a line drawn SOMEWHERE....especially when the ones we try to help take advantage of it. The U.S. and other countries can only do so much. The powers of NK know full well that their people are starving, and yet continue to spend on other pursuits (which are purely military). They keep getting aid despite this, so why should they change thing?. I feel terrible for the people suffering there, as well as everywhere else in the world......but ultimately, it is KIM JUNG UN and his cronies who should bear the responsibility for their own country. It's despicable what he is doing. .....and the sad part is, that the people of NK have no idea....because they are kept in the dark and made to believe the dear leader is practically a god who can do no wrong.....*sigh* Like I said, the U.S. is far from perfect, but enough is enough....
edit on 4/13/2012 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
N. Korea has been using the same MO for about 50 years.

Threaten to do something provocative or destabilizing tin the area then wait for the US to beg them to stop, rattle the saber a little, then let the press in to leak some sad pictures of starving kids…the US will give you some food aid and you are free to rinse and repeat.

It is about time we stopped this nonsense - it is no more than an international shakedown or blackmail. You don't provide aid and comfort to an enemy.

Then again it works for them why would they stop...

Especially, with Barry in office and obviously a weak leader what better time to try and gain some advantage. We have and will continue to be blackmailed, attacked and pushed by all the tin-pots and terror groups out there. They have nothing to fear from this administration.

International politics is the law of the jungle; if you go around looking weak and indecisive long enough you will be challenged and eventually eaten.

Why would you give comfort to the N. Korean people through food aid? First of all the children don’t get it. The Army does – they systematically starve whole regions so they can field one of the largest standing armies in the world.

I’d call it coercive diplomacy to prevent an undesired action on the part of N. Korea to show them we mean business. What is diplomacy...."coercive diplomacy"? Its a pretty common concept taught to military officers from the beginning of their careers.

War is the continuation of policy (politics) by other means."

or

"It is clear that war is not a mere act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political activity by other means"

This is from a translated version of "On War" from 1776

"If the enemy is to be coerced, you must put him in a situation that is even more unpleasant than the sacrifice you call on him to make. The hardships of the situation must not be merely transient - at least not in appearance. Otherwise, the enemy would not give in, but would wait for things to improve."

Karl Von Clausewitz - Prussian general and military theorist who proposed a doctrine of total war and war as an extension of diplomacy (1780-1831).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
First off, if NK can afford to test and build rockets, then they can afford food. Why do we have to pick up their dinner tab? I'm so sick of MY COUNTRY providing for everyone else and racking up our debt. Let China or Russia feed them. I mean they are buddy buddy; Right?

There are plenty of other countries in this world that can start to help out and pick up the slack from the world's population.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Firstly, what North Korea does as a sovereign nation is nobody else's business. Unless they somehow are threatening another country with arms.

2nd; No other country is responsible for the people of North Korea. Foreign aid in the form of money is ludicrous, doesn't work and stupid.

3rd. The United States has no business imposing sanctions on any nations. That's Finanacial Terrorism; no matter how you look at it.

4th. Who cares? North Korea is the most isolated society on Earth and when the people get fed up, they will revolt and get to be as miserable as the rest of us who have a "democracy".

5th. It COULD have been a test for ICBM launch capability, doesn't matter what was in the payload on the top. It's missile testing. No ammount of arguing will change the fact that you require "missiles" to launch things into space.

1.An object that is forcibly propelled at a target, by hand or mechanically.

6th. It didn't work, or so NK would like you to believe. I bet they failed the rock on purpose so they could pretend like they haven't mastered long range ICMB's or Nuclear payloads.

So there you go.

Actually to add, whenever the US states that a country may be a potential "threat" that is code for " This is the nation we intend of invading next."

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Why do you continue to drag all of America's shortcomings into an argument about how America should feed a poor country that can't keep their word?

We are the ones with the upper hand here, not North Korea.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why cant they provide enough food for themselves? If they have money for their oversized bottle rocket why cant they feed themselves?

Should start adding more countries to the list and then maybe they`ll start taking care of themselves instead of waiting for handouts. So many want the U.S. to stay out of the worlds affairs well it seems like a good start.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
wondering if you stole this idea from my thread, weird.

"Then you have to ask is it morally right to stop the food aid to those suffering people only because the few in power don't want to play by UN rules. Cancelling the aid most likely doesn't affect those at the top, and they do not care what their people want or need, therefore the only thing stopping the food aid did is starve more people."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

no but i have been condemned by many for being a lover and seeing more good than bad

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Granted I can completely understand being taken for a ride......I do not like that it is wrong.........i do feel terrible that we are punishing the actions of a regime via their people. But the sanctions do not help in anyway for them to better themselves. so a failed missile big whoop would they honestly stand a chance against russia us and the devils advocate china? If anything they would become a blip on a map and maybe if we actually had the heart to we would go there and start saving there people. not giving them money that we don't even have that china picks up the tab on im suprised THEY havent come to repo the states YET.....or is that part of a watch them fall and p them off in the process? so they shot a missile or rocket or whatever they want to call it the US acts like we dont have the capability to stop it dead in its tracks while ramming one where the sun dont shine.......
edit on 13-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if we give them food or not...do you really think anything we give them is going to the people??

They are a dictatorship that tortures it's own people and uses the aid given to them for government purposes....I wish the US haters would wake up already, there are bad people in the world....stop blaming the US...when we help we are told to mind our own business, when we don't help we are monsters...take care of ourselves I say.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I wish we did mind our own business but we dont.
I dont understand why our goverrnment thinks they need to be the hero.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
wondering if you stole this idea from my thread, weird.

"Then you have to ask is it morally right to stop the food aid to those suffering people only because the few in power don't want to play by UN rules. Cancelling the aid most likely doesn't affect those at the top, and they do not care what their people want or need, therefore the only thing stopping the food aid did is starve more people."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it more moral to give the food to a tyrants military who will then not share it with their civilian counterparts? The people in charge of NK will eventually care when they have to start cleaning up the dead bodies to keep the disease away. We should use the food where its needed...right here in america.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Wow...I agree with Spoor..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

WHATEVER!

MODS REMOVE THREAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like you all upset the poster...

Although I have to AGREE with one point you made about people calling it a missile, and although I could be wrong about this because I am NOT a rocket scientist I think if it had "stages" then it was a rocket not a missile. Not that it matters but we should use the right description just to keep from muddying the waters more.

But yeah, quitr spending your money on military and feed your own damn people for a change.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

STOP CALLING IT A MISSILE PEOPLE
"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

the fearmongering article link is --->
www.cnn.com...

MODS IF I MISPLACED THIS PLEASE LEMME KNOW.

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

You are clueless as to the status of North Korea. They spend everything on the military because the North is mineral rich while the South is rich with agriculture. The South has always helped sent food aid to the North.

Because of all these sanctions, North Korea is not allowed to trade with other countries, which means they cannot buy food cause no one is "allowed" to sell them food.

So technically, the first posted is correct, the US is starving the people of North Korea.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

WHATEVER!

MODS REMOVE THREAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

You started it...Now finish it.

Remember to never go into a battle of wits unarmed...Especially on ATS.

Peace

edit on 14-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join