It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney defers to his wife about women's economic issues (THE REAL ISSUE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Even here on ATS...people are trying to hide the real issue with manufactured crisis. There are multiple threads about Ann Romney and about the fabricated "war on moms".

You might ask yourself...why are people so intent on pushing this? The answer is two fold.

1) The GOP has a huge gender gap and that they have created by trashing women in general
2) People are trying to cover up Romney's huge flap about women

Here is the real issue...Mitt Romney defers to his wife to learn about women's economic issues.

www.washingtonpost.com...

“My wife has the occasion, as you know, to campaign on her own and also with me,” Romney told newspaper editors, “and she reports to me regularly that the issue women care about most is the economy.”

Yes...that's right...he listens to his extremely wealthy wife about the hardships American women are going through. What Rosen said is true at the core of what was said...Ann Romney has no economic experience and has no real life experience in the workforce. No, Rosen wasn't saying stay at home mom's don't "work"...just that they aren't in the "workforce".

The big issue is that Romney is totally writing women off...he doesn't even care to try to engage with them...he has outsourced that to his wife. And the even bigger issue is that he doesn't defer to economist or people who actually understand economics....he just asks his wife what the issues women are facing.

I find the spin going on in the media and here hilarious...one person made a comment that was poorly worded...it was condemned by most Democrats (including Obama) immediately....Rosen issued an apology herself for the wording but stuck to the original meaning....which is 100% true. But that doesn't stop the conservatives in the media or here to be willfully ignorant and claim this was something planned by Obama

The good thing is...I honestly don't think it is working...the GOP thinks it will because they believe women are too dumb to think for themselves and will just fall for it....good luck with women in November GOP.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The other "real issue" is that the political analysts know that the election will be very close and likely decided by a narrow demographic group - women voters who identify as independent.

It's become a free for all to capture that vote.

It's insulting really - to think we would be duped by such false controversy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Mitt Romney and his wife are out of touch with reality. A lot of Americans cannot even afford to be a stay at home parent.

Being a stay at home mother and a working mother with children is not the same thing. While a stay at home mother might be work it isn't having a "job" in the popular use of the word. The whole fact that the lady apologized is beyond politically correct.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Agreed, that is a very important demographic for both sides.

The GOP thinks they can win them over with tricks...because they don't want them to look at their record on women issues.

The GOP has been against fair pay, contraception, abortion issues (even though I am pro-life myself...I know this issue is important to many women), etc. Any intelligent independent women can see through all the GOP lies and see that they would be voting directly against their own interests.

So instead of talking about issues...let's take one true statement out of context, make up false quotes, and create a fabricated controversy....this is the GOP strategy for women...they are banking on women being too dumb to figure it out...and sadly I think they honestly think this about women.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The GOP really screwed up and drove many women away from their party permanently. Santorum started the alienation trend with his extremist views, and then several of the GOP controlled legislatures solidified the process by passing invasive and harmful legislation targeting women's reproductive rights.

They may have passed some of their draconian policies on the state level, but in doing so they've sacrificed any hope for a viable GOP presidential contender. I would view Ron Paul as a way to change their image, but we all know that they'll never allow him into the big game.

The GOP is left with no real solutions at this point, and if they're relying on Ann Romney to bring us all back, they're lying to themselves. When the numbers fail to reverse themselves in the next few weeks, I predict that their last ditch effort will be to bring in a female Romney running mate. That too will fail, however, because we all know that their choice will be someone like Palin or some other brainwashed bimbo who has no clue.

Women aren't all stupid. Many of us make our choices based on issues rather than the sex of the candidate. Corruption and ignorance knows no boundaries.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

“My wife has the occasion, as you know, to campaign on her own and also with me,” Romney told newspaper editors, “and she reports to me regularly that the issue women care about most is the economy.”

A man listens to his wife's input and you spin it all the way to hell.
Yeah, this is going to be an ugly campaign.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

A man listens to his wife's input and you spin it all the way to hell.
Yeah, this is going to be an ugly campaign.

Romney should be listening to qualified people about these issues...not his wife.

He should also make an attempt to listen to women himself and not just send his wife out to talk to them...I think Romney thinks they are from another planet and doesn't know how to talk to them.

Not like he knows how to talk to anyone...but no one can say he relates to women in general.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

It just further shows how out of touch Romney is with the American public.

He makes $10,000 bets, he has car elevators, multiple mansions, his wife loves American made cars...she has two Cadillacs
, they own horses for medical treatment, of course he doesn't think Healthcare reform is necessary when he can afford horses for medical treatment....at this isn't even policy...this is just his everyday life.

If you want to look at policy...look no further than him wanting Detroit to go bankrupt to "solve" the issue. This is his solution because this is how he made his money...and also how he put a lot of people out of jobs.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This whole thing with Ann Romney is a complete farce.

Democrats are back peddling on this issue and they shouldn't be. Why are they such wussies? I swear to cripes they try to lose arguments instead of win them most of the time.

I'm going to copy/paste a comment i posted on another thread.

"This whole thing is BS. Republicans needed some kind of ammo as they've been getting drilled in the polls with women so they made this out to be far more than it is. I've never even heard of this woman...and quite frankly what she said wasn't all that horrible anyway.

Most people (that can which isn't that many in the large scheme of things) are incredibly lucky to be able to have one parent stay at home to raise the kids...and they do it on FAR FAR less with a husband who isn't worth 250 million dollars.

Most people can't do this....both parents have to work nowadays....she can't relate to most people in that regard. Try being a working woman and raising kids. It's not easy...my wife can tell you.

If Republicans are so concerned about this entire issue...why don't they start paying employees MORE so only one parent has to work.

Raise the minimum wage....increase benefits in the workplace. Stop trying to fight equal pay laws. Stop trying to regulate a woman's reproductive organs.

Most people can see through this nonsense. Even if this were a horrible horrible statement that she made....it doesn't change what THE GOP HAS DONE LEGISLATIVELY THAT EFFECTS WOMEN."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The good thing is...I honestly don't think it is working...the GOP thinks it will because they believe women are too dumb to think for themselves and will just fall for it....good luck with women in November GOP.

It's not going to change my wife's mind.

That's the thing.....Women are certainly more compassionate...which is why more women tend to be more liberal on issues...not to mention the fact that the Democratic Party has been the one pushing women's rights...while the GOP has been passing laws to infringe on them.

It seems to me that both political parties seem to be more and more divided by the sexes....am i wrong in this thinking? Surely seems vindicated by poll numbers.

If Dems are getting the majority of women, minorities, and the poor.....what does that leave the GOP with?

Angry white guys, incredibly religious, and the wealthy?

That's not enough to win a Presidential election.

edit on 13-4-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think everyone sees what the GOP is trying to do.

Their main GOP strategy with women is hoping they are as dumb as they believe they are. They treat them like children and think they can trick them with games and lies.

The GOP is the good ol' boys club...they really do look down on women.

That isn't going to stop from Romney picking a women VP choice...because they honestly think women are that stupid...even after the Palin debacle.

Thankfully...women are very intelligent and won't fall for these lame tricks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes..that is the plan. If it wasn't Mrs. Rosen stepping into the "WTF does she know about economic hardship?" trap it would have been someone else.

Anyone that thinks this controversy wasn't planned...should see this article from A MONTH AGO

Mitt Romney: Can his wife save his campaign?
www.csmonitor.com...

Ironically they used similiar language as Mrs. Rosen in describing Ann,

Enter Ann Romney. Indeed, she has enjoyed the benefits of marriage to a wealthy businessman, including “a couple of Cadillacs,” as her husband famously mentioned last month. And unlike most modern-day women, she didn’t have to work outside the home to make ends meet as she raised her five sons.

but I guess screaming that the Christian Science Monitor was starting a "war on moms" wasn't as advantageous as saying the same about some independant "Democratic Political Analyst"..

I can almost see Mitt's campaign advisor saying...she'll do...and bam! Ann Romney suddenly has a twitter account and "The Democrats war on moms" is the headline in every right-wing media outlet.

Lord...they had to be planning a response for months to the inevitable question "What does Ann Romney know about economic struggle...she has never worked a day in her life" Bam! SOmeone was bound to say that once she started gabbing about women's struggles...Mrs. Rosen just walked right into it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

If Dems are getting the majority of women, minorities, and the poor.....what does that leave the GOP with?

Angry white guys, incredibly religious, and the wealthy?

That's not enough to win a Presidential election.

the only danger is that with enough "wealth" you can buy enough ads to convince a certain segment of Americans to vote against thier own self-interest. That is what makes these elections close.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Romney is completely detatched from reality. He's ultra wealthy. He keeps talking about the private sector, and business in general. He's probably never worked an honest days labor in his whole life. Now Ron Paul on the other hand. There's a hard working, retired doctor, and Airforce veteran. He will have my vote! Now with Santorum out of the running, Paul is the anti-Romney. Should get real interesting from now til convention.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

the only danger is that with enough "wealth" you can buy enough ads to convince a certain segment of Americans to vote against thier own self-interest. That is what makes these elections close.

True. Automatically, the GOP gets the voters who think they are going to lose their guns. They most likely get the majority of evangelical voters. They will get the wealthy vote.....and they get the angry white guy vote as well....but all those groups mix together.

It's not enough to win an election. And even if they did....and were actually able to implement the extremist views they have....there would be a massive backlash after.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just find it funny that all the conservatives on ATS will avoid threads about real issues like the plague.

But they will flood the fabricated "war on moms" thread.

I mean...even FOX NEWS is saying it is a manufactured crisis....good lord.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

It's not enough to win an election. And even if they did....and were actually able to implement the extremist views they have....there would be a massive backlash after.

That assumes there is a long game. As long as eveyone gets paid, four years is enough and the damage will pay interest for years to come. It would take a decade at least to catch back upon alternative energy initiatives, envirornmental protections, OSHA etc and recreate the agencies that the GOP are itching to destroy...before you know it we are a decade behind the rest of the developed world and catching up is no easy task in the global economy. All the while the income gap worsening. To the far right "progress" is a dirty word. They ironically warn of the comming doom to America while at the same time touting policies that would usher that spiral.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I made this thread to prove a point....Conservatives aren't interested in discussing anything but manufactured crisis. I think my point has been proven.

Conservatives have nothing for this election...they are stuck with Romney who has no personality and has no solutions to anything. I take that back...he has solutions for everything...except that they all involve giving tax breaks to the rich.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Romney's have no need to ever worry about finances or the economy EVER.

I wouldnt be surprised if their SERVANT SLAVES even wipe their REAR ENDS for them.

They are SO DISCONNECTED from the REAL WORLD that its unbelievable.

They have NO clue what it is like to be an actual real-life "housewife" or a victim of financial distress resulting from a bad economy.

If EITHER one of them had to live in the shoes of the average "commoner" for one month, they would both commit suicide. They would probably end their lives within the first HOUR of being a commoner.

They have ZERO clue whats its like in the REAL WORLD. ZERO CLUE.
edit on 13-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What do you expect? People expect the president to fix the economy and unemployment. Romney made his career on FIRING PEOPLE and BREAKING UP COMPANIES...so he's hardly qualified. The hilarious part is, he believes his wife, who never had money trouble her entire life, is somehow qualified to connect with the average US woman

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join