It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Meets on Looming WWIII

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

1- USA funding and supporting Iran's nuclear energy development before 1979. The subject is fact, I'm interested in your opinion.

2- USA funding Iraq and Saddam Husseiin to try and remove the post revolution regime- a war that lasted from 1980 to 1988.

Both the above happened, would really be interested in your opinions on this.

Yes, both the above happened and both of them were considered and thought out for extreme diplomatic purposes. They were plans that backfired greatly for the US and it is a shame that every diplomatic mission cannot be completely as promised or wanted. It's not how life works! Iran and North Korea are NOT doing anything diplomatic by illegally producing Nuclear Weapons when they are told time and time again to stop by the UN! They are nearly war criminals just for this act. And if not for this act, than the communist and religious regimes that starve their people and invest all their money towards these programs are.

SO can you forgive the US for at least trying to figure out ways to solve the issues, even if they backfire greatly?? I don't see Iran or North Korea doing anything about human rights in their own countries, or trying to maintain peace...
edit on 15-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Regarding point 1 then, do you at least see the possibility that Iran may actually need nuclear energy to surive? They will run out of oil in the next 70 years or so, they are closed off from the world, they are one of the biggest consumers of oil in the world, they are wasting their best resource for domestic use when they could conserve it better with nuclear energy. This was the American view before the 1979 revolution. Surely you can see this?

You talk about human rights, yet China has worse human rights than Iran, in fact even the 'mainstream' human rights groups say this- so should we invade China too on humanitarian grounds? I'm not saying people don't deeserve human rights, I am just challenging your view that we should intervene on humanitarian grounds yet the worse abuser of human rights is China. What do you make of that?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Regarding point 1 then, do you at least see the possibility that Iran may actually need nuclear energy to surive? They will run out of oil in the next 70 years or so, they are closed off from the world, they are one of the biggest consumers of oil in the world, they are wasting their best resource for domestic use when they could conserve it better with nuclear energy. This was the American view before the 1979 revolution. Surely you can see this?

Times have changed probably moreso since 9/11. Whatever you believe happened on that date, ever since then Muslim nations have been under suspension for every action that they do which would impact the Global Community. There is nothing in space time or law that says gov't cannot change their mind, the world cannot or will not change their minds.

So? Iran is pretty much closed off to the world today, because this is what their leaders want. They want their people to stay inside their borders and get brainwashed with Pro-Muslim anti-capitalist and anti--west (Not just american) propaganda. We just streamlined what their leaders would have probably done anyway. Trying to tell them that if they don't stop right now, then you will get destroyed by any means OTHER than war. Obama has made this quite clear to the rest of the world. Iran refuses to stop. Now, I'm not sure what the powers are talking about at the UN, but I am sure they could draw up a time table which allows Iran to develop small packets of nuclear energy for cancer research, if that is indeed what they are doing. Methinks not!

You talk about human rights, yet China has worse human rights than Iran, in fact even the 'mainstream' human rights groups say this- so should we invade China too on humanitarian grounds? I'm not saying people don't deserve human rights, I am just challenging your view that we should intervene on humanitarian grounds yet the worse abuser of human rights is China. What do you make of that?

Why are you changing the subject? Does China have concentration camps? Does China Kill their gays? No. Is there a source to your claim about China? Invading China would be a stupid military move because they have a massive army and a massive population and we need to maintain and strengthen our trade relationship with them to make sure, if and when WWIII breaks out they do not join Russia with the new Axis of Evil.

Iran is a much different scenario. It is unclear weather WWIII will break out or not if Israel attacks Iran or vice versa. If it happens we can cripple their regime very very fast. It may anger other parties but it will be a long and policy ridden process when they question weather they should go to war or not. Just today, I was reading an article that war may not happen til summer once the peace talks resume again.
edit on 16-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join