It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Meets on Looming WWIII

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Is there something psychologically wrong with conspiracy theorists where they hate their government and their country moreso than North Korea and Iran combined? Really, I have never heard such sympathy for our enemies before in my entire life. It's ludicrous and insane to put North Korea and Iran above the US when it comes to anything and everything!!!! What is so great about those two countries? Please tell me why you are all defending them to your hearts content. I bet not a single ONE of you has been there. No, I know not a single one of you has been there, because (if you are American or European) you are NOT allowed to go there, based on your nationality and the color of your skin!!! If you as an American or European and other nationalities are found in those countries they will execute you and show you no sympathy because we ARE their enemy just as much as we are theirs.

In fact, we have held the moral high ground here, perhaps a bit too much as Obama is trying to restart the peace talks which has time and time again failed!!! What usually comes after talking? There's nothing left people. Some people really, really, really need to wake up!
edit on 14-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

^^^ This, I agree that the US government has done some horrible things, but to say our government is the reason for the worlds problems is asinine.

The US government is a major contributor to many of the world's problems, but every other nation contributes as well, with the exception of the Kingdom of Bhutan. Yeah the Kingdom of Bhutan rocks! But back on topic, the US has far too much corruption and a selfish attitude, we really need to get our act together and set a decent example oh how a nation should be governed. Alas, I fear that I may never see that day.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by satron
I would be building bomb shelters too, if I ran a country being threaten by foreign powers, because I'd want to protect my people.

Poor,poor, Iran. So, so misunderstood. All they want out of life is to herd goats and camels and have nuclear electricity and cure cancer.
And blow people up. And create caos. And instigate War.
Yeah, poor poor misunderstood Iran.

Why do you say that? Why is war in the interests of Iran?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
The UN is currently meeting in NYC right now to discuss these three issues and they are preparing for war! It is dangerously close to happening.

Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchmann, Glenn Beck, and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman all agree with me that this is the new Axis of Evil. .

G-8 nations warn on Syria, Iran, North Korea
edit on 13-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

The UN is about as effective as a Sarah Palin speech at a MENSA gathering.

If you're taking Palin, Bachmann, Beck as your sources, you're really out to lunch.

Has Glenn Beck been saying on his radio show that the UN is preparing for nuclear war?

Western nations have been warning about Iran, Syria, and North Korea for years. What doesn't worry me is not who DOESN'T have the bomb, but who DOES.

North Korea, Israel, South Africa, Pakistan, India all possess nuclear weapons, and very few of them are talked about in diplomatic circles. Iran will probably join the club before long. It seems as though North Korea and Iran are the only ones anyone talks about out of this list.

What worries me isn't the nuclear bomb that North Korea or Iran might be developing. What worries me is the nuclear bomb that might be being carried around in the trunk of a BMW and is completely unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The UN is currently meeting in NYC right now to discuss these three issues and they are preparing for war! It is dangerously close to happening.

Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchmann, Glenn Beck, and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman all agree with me that this is the new Axis of Evil. .

G-8 nations warn on Syria, Iran, North Korea
edit on 13-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

The UN is about as effective as a Sarah Palin speech at a MENSA gathering.

If you're taking Palin, Bachmann, Beck as your sources, you're really out to lunch.

Has Glenn Beck been saying on his radio show that the UN is preparing for nuclear war?

Western nations have been warning about Iran, Syria, and North Korea for years. What doesn't worry me is not who DOESN'T have the bomb, but who DOES.

North Korea, Israel, South Africa, Pakistan, India all possess nuclear weapons, and very few of them are talked about in diplomatic circles. Iran will probably join the club before long. It seems as though North Korea and Iran are the only ones anyone talks about out of this list.

What worries me isn't the nuclear bomb that North Korea or Iran might be developing. What worries me is the nuclear bomb that might be being carried around in the trunk of a BMW and is completely unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Guys, stop scaring yourselves. No WW3 will happen. Move on. There is much more to life than scaring yourself to events that will not even happen. You should have learned by now.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So you are yelling at me for defending my own country. And yet, you say I am spreading US propaganda without even thinking that Iran might be lying to us? Why is Iran a country ruled by religious radicals would use nuclear weapons wisely? Seriously, you liberals are thinking about this all wrong, thinking that Iran has higher standards than the US when they do not!!!!

I'm not yelling at you. I deride you. You are a perfect example of how hideously mis-informed most people are about the general state of the world. Is it so difficult to believe that your own government may have an agenda here too? They've all got one.

Try asking why the politicians disagree with all of the intelligence agencies.

Mods, I welcome your ruling.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

I'm not yelling at you. I deride you. You are a perfect example of how hideously mis-informed most people are about the general state of the world. Is it so difficult to believe that your own government may have an agenda here too? They've all got one.

I'm not defending Obama here, he is probably your president, or at least you thought about voting for him. Why would Obama, address endless peace talks when they obviously aren't working and they aren't going anywhere? Obama clearly doesn't like war and rushed out of Iraq way too fast. As a result the Muslims are back in charge and are killing their own ppl again. Iran is NOT stopping and has since cut off its radar systems so that it can trade oil illegally, with our enemies. This administration is missing the signs of provocation and so are you!
edit on 15-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

You clearly didn't read this:

Now if you think this post is dis-credited because I mentioned the three conservatives above. Do not judge me or this post solely based on that. Take a look around and see for yourself. You don't have to like those conservatives, just know that there are people talking about these things.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Stop ganging up on Iran! They are a peaceful nation who want nothing more than to weave rugs and coddle long-haired cats in peace. Where does making nuclear weapons fall into that category? Their nuclear program is for peaceful purposes and for electricity. Leave them alone, and let them be. Okay, enough of the sarcasm. All anyone has ever wanted was for Iran to be forthright about its intentions, and to allow outside observers to verify their claims. Come on folks, this is not reinventing the wheel. Many on here and elsewhere are making this issue bigger and more complicated than it really is.

Another poster had already mentioned that Iran is a signatory of the Non Proliferation Treaty. With that said, this matter should have been resolved years ago. However, it has gone on for years and the Iranian reactors remain online doing whatever it is they are doing? The inspectors go and they come out, and more questions accompany them than answers. Iran is playing a parlor game, and apparently it is working in their favor? A little bit of small talk here, blistering rhetoric there, and some Western style diplomacy to smooth over the rough edges while Iran continues to burn the midnight oil at their nuke facilities. It is a brilliant PR strategy, and I have said as much before. I still have no clue what they are up to, but knowing the troubled history of the Middle East? I do not want this country to have nuclear weapons. That is my opinion. What will be will be.

As for Syria? Let them sort it out amongst themselves. As far as I am concerned, it is a non-issue for the international community. Moreover, if Russia wants to tackle the problem. More power to them. They are buddies with Assad, and don't they have an important naval base there? If the fighting moves beyond Syrian borders then I would be concerned, but right now it seems to be localized. Just your typical geopolitical rumblings, and over exposure by foreign powers is what causes global conflict. Therefore, the western powers should stay the heck out of there.

As for North Korea, and their recent foray into ICBM technology or as their propagandists would put it, "satellite technology?" Let them play, because that country is on the ropes with majority of the population starving. Let Kim Jong Un pander to his military handlers as much as he wants. He is a boy playing with toys in his magic kingdom. Another non-issue. They will not attack South Korea, Japan, or anywhere for that matter. If they do attack? It would be suicide. If China wants to play along? It will invariably lead to one big barbecue. Therefore, I think this recent display by North Korea is nothing more than mere pandering to a childlike dictator's military handlers, and cry for attention since NK has fallen off the radar after Kim Jong IL's death.

Are these tumultuous times? Yes, but when have they not been since the dawn of this century? The last twelve years has been like one big roller coaster ride, and fortunately for us; the roller coaster has not fallen off the tracks. Let the UN meet until their heart's content. I have a feeling they will fail as their predecessor the League of Nations did before World War II. The UN is like on big country club were diplomats get to slap each other on the back and take in the sites of the Big Apple. Nothing ever gets done there. Just your typical bloated bureaucracy.

WWIII will be over in a matter of hours. It won't be anything like WWII. My hope is the better angels of our character prevail on this one, because we can not allow these multiple regional rumblings to escalate into global confrontation. They should be handle with due diligence, and as tactfully as possible. If I recall correctly, the current environment is eerily similar to the one before WWII. Many nations face economic oblivion as they did in the thirties, and in the frustration the world took it out on themselves in a display of global bloodshed and mayhem. Lets hope the situation does not devolve into a global conflict. If it goes that route? Get your marsh mellows and hot dogs, because we are in for one heck of a big bonfire.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Great post, agree 100%.

Some people just can't open their minds to the truth, it may well be a defense mechanism, to admit the truth would be too much for some people.

When we top up the petrol in our cars, we are funding murder. We may not like that but it's the sad the reality of the world- our freedoms in the West are born from the exploitation and murder of those countries we target for resources. It isn't new, its been going on since mankind began.

The most curious thing to me is that every time someone points out what Iran is up to the shills come out to bash the US of A. Can't we have a discussion about Iran without US bashing? It's obvious some people's hatred of US is keeping them from seeing what's going on in Iran.

Why must the conversation always change course? Is that your defense mechanism? 

No, you are making up your own context. You're acting like a shill. You completely ignore true context.

I don't hate America, I love America and I love American people. My cousin in married to an American and her and her family are brilliant people.

You can't equate the truth to hating a country.

It's simply the sad reality of our world that the freedom we have in the UK and USA comes at a price for other countries. Empires throughout the ages have expolited weaker countries- slavery, plunder etc.

I've got a first class degree in history, I know how to interpret information, the past 100 years history of Iran shows that Iran is not a threat to the West. The whole problem is the control of the resources, Iran will not give up the equity of her own resources- Britain used to get 85% share in oil Iran produced. Iran took it back by nationalising their own oil and America created the coup of 1953 to put into power a government that sold oil to America for cheap.

During this time- from 1953- 1979- America was funding Iran's nuclear development. They knew the country was using a up a lot of the oil that could be exported instead of being 'wasted' domestically, as it is to this day because they can't create nuclear energy. They predicted at the rate of use, the oil would run out in 75 years- so they pushed for Iran to have nuclear energy- so the oil could be used for exportation. Lots going to America.

Once again Iran took their oil back- 1979 revolution.

Ever since, USA has applied sanctions against the country, started wars such as Iraq vs Iran- where the US funded Saddam Hussein etc. The whole world is a monopoly board and now it's Iran's turn to enter the theatre being played out.

If you want to ignore history and evidence and say anyone who looks at the truth is hating America, then that is your choice to be ignorant of the truth. Sadly, as the world slides to war, people who speak the truth will be classed as traitors and unpatriotic etc, the brain washing really is that deep.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

I'm not defending Obama here, he is probably your president, or at least you thought about voting for him. Why would Obama, address endless peace talks when they obviously aren't working and they aren't going anywhere? Obama clearly doesn't like war and rushed out of Iraq way too fast. As a result the Muslims are back in charge and are killing their own ppl again. Iran is NOT stopping and has since cut off its radar systems so that it can trade oil illegally, with our enemies. This administration is missing the signs of provocation and so are you!

Wow, you are so far into buying the MSM BS it scares me.

I hope for the sake of mankind your opinions don't represent the majority of the American people.

...I had a post written out but you're a lost cause amongst the sheep. No amount of evidence will open your eyes to the truth.

All the best to you pal.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

...I had a post written out but you're a lost cause amongst the sheep. No amount of evidence will open your eyes to the truth.

This isn't opinions buddy, this is fact. Yours are opinions! these are facts brought to us by the UN. You really trust a totalitarian religious fanatic country?? Really?

I just love how you apparently HAD a post written out and then deleted it to insult me personally. This is just like Iran who is mocking us hahahaha!

It's a good thing the majority of Americans do not believe whatever it is you believe, because I don't know you didn't post it here, so there's nothing to back up your insults with facts. Just more rhetoric about poor poor baby iran.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchmann, Glenn Beck,

Those are three people whose opinions aren't really worth a damn. I would do a lot of reconsidering if that was the names I dug up while recognizing who agreed with me. Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This isn't opinions buddy, this is fact. Yours are opinions! these are facts brought to us by the UN. You really trust a totalitarian religious fanatic country?? Really?

I just love how you apparently HAD a post written out and then deleted it to insult me personally. This is just like Iran who is mocking us hahahaha!

It's a good thing the majority of Americans do not believe whatever it is you believe, because I don't know you didn't post it here, so there's nothing to back up your insults with facts. Just more rhetoric about poor poor baby iran.

OK, give me your opinion on-

1- USA funding and supporting Iran's nuclear energy development before 1979. The subject is fact, I'm interested in your opinion.

2- USA funding Iraq and Saddam Husseiin to try and remove the post revolution regime- a war that lasted from 1980 to 1988.

Both the above happened, would really be interested in your opinions on this.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry, but conservatives are fear mongering blamers. Well not all conservatives, only those like glenn beck and such . We cannot perpetuate fear, even among to the enemy. Another reason why the government doesn't tell us everything
edit on 15-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freewestray
Good post but IMO only a child would think that the above was an act of war.

Only a "child type leader" would send a model drone to a sitting US President in a box!

I find that odd considering obama wanted iran to send the drone back to the u.s.a. I guess iran did what obama wanted. They sent a drone back to the usa, he didn't specify what drone. So yeah, i would say that iran just mocked the pres and not only that, the drone was in a box. It may have another meaning behind this, especially when something is in a box.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Economically speaking a war would do United states greatly. Our country is runned by foreign blood and the death of Vietnamese children as well. Although a part of me witnesses the united states become a new neo rome, another part of me realizes that we do not live in the 1940s, so no more fear mongering

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Anyone can tell things are really heating up even the hipsters know it now. We should all get prepared by stocking up on food and weapons. Militias will form and survival will result form it the question is how big will the militia be? I hope the North Koreans never try it but they seem anxious to expand.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

1- USA funding and supporting Iran's nuclear energy development before 1979. The subject is fact, I'm interested in your opinion.

2- USA funding Iraq and Saddam Husseiin to try and remove the post revolution regime- a war that lasted from 1980 to 1988.

Both the above happened, would really be interested in your opinions on this.

Yes, both the above happened and both of them were considered and thought out for extreme diplomatic purposes. They were plans that backfired greatly for the US and it is a shame that every diplomatic mission cannot be completely as promised or wanted. It's not how life works! Iran and North Korea are NOT doing anything diplomatic by illegally producing Nuclear Weapons when they are told time and time again to stop by the UN! They are nearly war criminals just for this act. And if not for this act, than the communist and religious regimes that starve their people and invest all their money towards these programs are.

SO can you forgive the US for at least trying to figure out ways to solve the issues, even if they backfire greatly?? I don't see Iran or North Korea doing anything about human rights in their own countries, or trying to maintain peace...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join